• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Passed #76 - Request for relief support for Lor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cora

Inactive Member
Senate Proposal #76
Relief support for Lor
Submitted by: Lor

A young looking man, with short blue streaked silver hair stood on the parapet where the speaker on the floor stands when Senate is in session. He had a somewhat serious and somber look to him, as he absent mindedly smoothed his long purple robes about every thirty seconds. A small pair of black feathered wings rested snuggly against his back as he cleared his throat and addressed the senate.

"Greetings, I am the senator elected to speak on behalf of my people, for those who wish to speak to me with an informal name, I am simply known as "Senator" even among my own people."

He said, trying to make light of his people's naming habits.

"Now, on to why I called this session of the Senate to order. I'm sure many of you have heard about the battle between the Mishhu and the Star Army that happened around our home system and I am sure you also heard that the SMX tried to genocide my people. By way of dropping a moon, which was instantly moved from it's location in orbit from the Gas Giant, to within terminal distance from our planet's surface. We extend our greatest thanks to the Empire and her ships and crews who managed to avert a great tragedy from ever happening.

However, this also brings me to why I am here today, The Star Army of Yamatai stopped the moon from crashing, but the resulting debris still did a great deal of damage, this may sound a little presumptuous from a recent acceptee, but Lor requires aid to clean up the damage and rebuild what was lost.

My proposal is more a request that Yamatai, the 'Big Brother' to us underdeveloped worlds assist us in our time of need. I have dispached my work aid to pass out the copies of my proposal."

He said this as a Helasho female, with long green hair and large sapphire eyes; wearing a simpler yet still purple robe, wallked among the seats, handing out data pads with the request. She had a somewhat vacent look to her eyes though she lacked the basic slave control collor most Helasho wore. When she was finished and returned to her seat, Senator cleared his throat again and spoke up once more.

"Now, onto my proposal..."

Purpose:

1. To assist a world and it's people who were subject to extensive collateral damage.

2. To garner further support from the Lor people.

3. Setting up an outpost right next to SMX space, to both guard the border and Guard the people.

4. Formally training Lorath Fynnuen, Ocheesta and Lmanel in proper protocols and customs of the Yamataian Star army so they may serve their worth as soldiers and officers.

Proposal:

1. We request that Yamatai, or a bureaucratic entity that serves the Empire, send relief aid in the form of Medical supplies, doctors and machines to help treat the injured and account for the dead in effected areas.

2. Machinery be sent to help clean the effected areas, as well as help rebuilt the cities and transportation systems that were damaged or destroyed from the Moons debris.

3. We also request form the empire or entity to send food supplies and water as well as basic survival equipment to the effected areas.

4. Land will be set aside for a garrison and outpost that can be built for the duel purposes of defending the Lor system and the border as well as training the Lorath to be productive members of the Yamataian War effort.

Senator Alphonse rose to vote next. "I see no problem with this proposal, so there is no reason to debate it. Anisa votes yes."

Hoshi no Iori votes no; "our doctors are in short supply and needed to help fight the Mishhuvurthyar in space."

The Senator from Lor looked at the senator from Hoshi no Iori for a moment.

"This may be alittle out of turn. But, you are voting no to send aid to my people because of a shortage of doctors?"

He asked suprised at the simple, yet greedy, notion.

"Since this empire is capable of manufacturing living things as well as programing computers with full blown Egos, why not invent, or grow more doctors? That would help with the problem."

Despite being politically inexperienced, Maximillian Alphonse was already known for his rather peculiar stance on the Nekovalkyrja, at least politically. And Hoshi no Iori's stand was rather logical, though somewhat flawed in certain aspects.

"Such a cruelty, isn't it? Doctors are one of the few things we have left that are special and not completely manufactured - let's keep it that way."

"However, I believe that the populace of the planets ravaged by war come before our manufactured war machines - cruel as that may be, if they're made to be dispensible, we must treat them as such on the front lines. My vote remains as it was."

Alphonse adjusted his glasses. This was going to be a long day...

Hoshi's senator rejected the motion to close and motioned for a change, to remove the part about doctors being shoved in with the rest of the objects Yamatai would be forced to send if the proposal passed, as well as for an extension.

I challenge the extension since the proposal was left on the billet for longer then three days. This is the fourth day.

Also, I challange the motion to change, or in this case, remove. We need medical staff to assist with the innjured, sick and dead.

The vote passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back