• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[7th Fleet] A New Dawn

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
0600hrs Yamatai Time
Gemini Star Fortress

Two massive hyperspatial portals opened, space rippling as the two hulking forms of Hotaru and Himitsu emerged into realspace, several First Expeditionary Fleet vessels moved into position using graviton arrays to maneuver the two Iori's into position next to Gemini. The two Star Fortresses showed signs of neglect, obvious from their stay at one of the depots. Missing much of their internal systems, weapons and other necessary components the Seventh Standard Fleet Genesis Engineering Group (7th SF GEG) had their work cut out for them.

Star Fortresses arrived, secured and awaiting inspection Taisho. Gemini's AI alerted Katsuko; who had been at her usual table in the Dreamer's Cafe, a small establishment she frequently visited since she got to Gemini nearly a month before. The Taisho nodded, acknowledging the telepathic communication with the AI and finished the last drop of green tea from the decorative ceramic cup and set it back down on the table.

Blue hair held back in a tight ponytail with a single black hair band, her overall appearance had not changed much, but everything else had. She grabbed the datapad and headed out of the cafe, winking at the young Yamataian girl clearing off one of the other tables.

She passed a few enlisted in the corridor, "Good Morning Ketsurui-sama.." they uttered, she gave them a nod. The name had taken a little getting used to at first, but it had become quickly the only thing she would answer to...Motoyoshi had become a name of disgrace for her, it brought memories that she would of rather not had.

When Yui had offered her the reigns of the Seventh Standard Fleet, she was surprised, assuming she would sit at a desk somewhere in the Ketsurui Military Sector until she finally retired or was tossed out. She accepted, honored to be given the chance to show her new family that she had not lost her nerve or her ability to command.

She had selected Gemini for its facilities, knowing that the First Expeditionary Base had one of the best track records of all the KFY facilities she reviewed. It would serve as the rebirth for both Hotaru and Himitsu which would then become the centers of power for her new fleet.

She boarded the Shuttle, quietly looking over some of the initial findings of the Genesis Engineering Group and waited to go see her former home, Hotaru, for the first time in what seemed to be an eternity.

Re: A New Dawn

Another shuttle out of many broke into normal space, slowing to STL speed and initiating its standard docking procedure with Hotaru. Yaichiro looked disapprovingly at the broken down Fortress.

Ugh...the depot in charge of this needs to be restructured...These fortresses may have needed to be mobilized at a moment's notice. Looks like I have my work cut out for me, if this is part of my new job....I wonder if they ever replaced the Zesuaium Production Chamber...

The shuttle docked, and Yaichiro stepped off of the craft, still in his 1st XF grey panels. A quick inquiry with Hotaru, who thank goodness was still more or less functional, indicated that the Taisho would arrive shortly. He waited, looking about him at the damage, and trying to see what caused more of what he was seeing; the New Years' Battle of Jiyuu, or their stay at the depot and the harvesting of their components.

Yaichiro, rather than meeting the currently too busy Taisho, found himself working on repairing various systems aboard Hotaru. It was quite complex and time-consuming work, but necessary.

After a while, he took time off and got to work on his own projects. Taking a spare slab of material, which would not be re-used, he started to cut mold pieces for rings.

After a time, he had made two rings. Both were rings made of bands of alternating gold and platinum. One was a single diamond and a pair of Sapphire, with 1 band each of gold and platinum; while the other had three bands (two platinum and 1 gold) and three diamonds.

The hand-made rings shone as they cooled, the former for his daughter, the the latter made for the day he would find that special someone.

His mind drifted, and he wondered if his daughter would ever be able to come as planned.

Afterward, Yaichiro looked to the clock, and noted the passing of the new year. The previous time he'd been a CO, commanding the YSS Asuka and taking a Mishhu vessel, and scoring the first kill of YE 30. This new year was much more....somber.

...Kasumi-chan's birthday is soon. I'll have to get this gift to her.

Yaichiro thought, putting it in a jewelry box.

Since Katsuko had been quite busy with administrative tasks related to the origins of the new fleet, Yaichiro had spent his time overseeing efforts of repairing Himitsu and Hotaru Star Fortresses.

While he was not actually in charge of anything formally, it wasn't the first time he'd taken initiative. The Engineering Teams, for the most part, deferred to him due to his previous status in the 5th XF. A few of the team heads had questioned his orders, but they didn't really have anyone else to work with at the time. Hotaru and Himitsu were almost fully repaired, though the Zesuaium production Facilities were still not fixed. No one knew if Katsuko would want them restored or not.

On break in his old office on Hotaru, from his days as the SIP head, he reclined and looked at the ring he'd made for Mist. He hadn't heard from her proper since leaving the 5th, and her planned visit never happened. Miyako had also been silent, having not replied to him in many months. For all he knew, they'd settled things and married each other or something. Checks indicated they were alive and well, but he knew little more.

With those two no longer in contact, his falling out with Hanako, and the first Midori still in Kyoto, he had no one left around. He kept himself busy with work, and tried not to focus on it too much.

"...Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' must have spoken from experience." He finally said, pulling himself out of it and checking for a response from the Empress' Office on his Colonization Project proposal.

Hotaru and Himitsu were finally fully repaired, save for the Zesuaium facilities, which were actually stripped clean. However, repair procedure would have required this anyway, and the repair stores of both were stocked with the parts to quickly restore the rooms to operation after the Taisho's wishes were known.

Currently, the standard Power Armor compliments of both were being repaired.He was worried though, about lacking ships, but as long as they were near the other star Fortress and in the Samurai Sector, they wouldn't be needed. That and he wasn't sure what ships Katsuko wanted.

Yaichiro, at this specific moment, was filling out all the paperwork needed to log all of these things, acting as a sort of defacto Chief Engineer of the 7th SF. After completing the last batch of paperwork through telepathy, he reclined st his desk and sighed.

"Even with telepathy, higher processing speeds, and everything else; paperwork is still a detestable chore..."

A white-haired neko walked in, and placed some mild tea on his desk.

"Such is the way of the military, Kage-Shosa. The higher one's rank, the greater likelyhood of being stuck for hours behind a desk. This is doubly the case for someone who has assumed a post rather than been properly assigned one. Think about what the Taisho's probably having to deal with right now, though. Would you like filling out the paperwork for starting a brand new fleet?"

Yaichiro shuddered slightly on the inside at the thought.

"Point taken. I'm not one to complain out loud over such a thing, usually. Fortunately, I'm done. Thank you for the tea...I'll enjoy it before I start my inspections for today."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back