• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

A challanger approaches...

Okay, so...I want to make a new species. Don't worry, I'm not going to post it for a while, so no need to fret about that. But, I have a concept of what the creatures of my species would look like, and I would like to know if it would be acceptable in the future sometime.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b261_Omega724_Star_20Army_Valon.jpg

The race is called the Valon. And sorry for the distortion, I did it in paint.

Pretty much anything is 'acceptable', so long as it doesn't look like a giant reproductive organ.

But now time for my real thoughts. Keep in mind the following are my first thoughts, based on no information on your race, so I may be mistaken. I'm working on evolutionary estimation here, and assuming they don't have any extreme abilities (like metal-melting enzymes or telekinesis).

Bipedial and large legs suggest they are from a grassland or jungle environment. They look too inefficient for swamp travel, too heavy for effective desert or winter movement.

Their legs look like they can't effectively manipulate objects, more for sprinting and killing. The arms are so proportionally small, it suggests they are unused. And since they appear to be the only limbs capable of effective object manipulation, it suggests the race is very primitive and that they can't (or have only recently started to) wield basic tools.

Also, bodies appear too small for legs that size. That kind of running strength requires serious chemical energy, so you'd think they would have larger digestive systems to process the energy needed. Especially so since the appear predatory.

Ah, yes...and now, time for a rebuttal.
You are correct that the appearance is that of a jungle setting, for evolution had played its part in their creation, thus, the large legs are for sprinting, jumping, and occasionally fighting. Yet, as I said, this was only a concept draft for the ideas I had in mind. Since they are going to actually be omnivorous, with a higher taste in tough vegetation (said vegetation would consist of "natural" plants which have toxic amounts of iron, arsenic, carbon, etc.), they would need the claws for animals, but I think I will omit the large blade things on the legs. I'm actually not quite sure why I put them on there. :?

But, speaking of the claws, (and once again referring to my first draft in paint, mind you) they are supposed to bend as if each "foot" was more along the lines of two fingers and a thumb. This would allow for the picking up of objects that the smaller hands (which are five fingers and an opposable thumb) couldn't grasp. Yeah, I know, I didn't draw finger joints...I meant to, but I wanted to see the overall impact of the creature as a whole first. Suprisingly, the creatures are amazing on string instruments. Perhaps I should downsize the talons on each foot, though.

Finally, the wide base, and the overall length of the leg would give them excellent balance; enough to extend the body a good foot out in front of the legs, or let it stand on one and use the other to grasp an object and manipulate it as a true hand would. Thus, keyboards, tools, and other items would still be available to the Valons.

I can continue if you have any more questions.

That actually looks just like a midget T-Rex

"Hey can you hand me that...oh nevermind...*cough* midget *uncough*"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back