Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

A Dog Pissed On Your Bread

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
I was looking at Reddit and I saw this post from workers of a grocery store and one commenter posted this:

1722091211202.webp

What the hell. What are you guys thoughts on people bringing dogs into food stores? I know with most restaurants the health regulations say they can't be in food prep or dining areas (because of allergies presumably?). So should dogs be in the places where you get your food? Do you think people are abusing vague laws intended for service animals to bring in barely-trained random pets?

The store where I work has a strict support-dogs only rule, which as i understand it is pretty much the norm here in England.

In the interest of full disclosure though, pretty sure kids and teenagers cause more damage to the foodstuffs in our store than pets ever have! :p

At least in the USA we have laws on service animals that people take advantage of and abuse.

You can ask if it is a service animal, and what tasks it is trained to perform. But that's mostly it! You cant ask them to prove it or disprove it. So if some woman brings a rat-dog in her purse and she throws a fit you can get sued if on the off chance it is correct!

So you cant really ban an animal on those grounds but as a private business you can deny that person entry into your facility. So at least most people with actual service animals have a vest on them and documents and cards to prove it (and few people who need service animals will throw a fit when you ask them if it's a service animal and will often just pull out a card or papers to prove it while anyone faking it will have a meltdown.)

As to an animal peeing tho? They don't have the same mental faculties as us. Some can tell you when they need to go but in an environment outside their home everything is a bathroom to them and they cant really differentiate if its okay to pee in a Walmart or on the grass. Service Animals however if properly trained from a puppy can be trained to do their business on cue and most people with service animals will have them do their business before entering somewhere for that reason.

So pretty much it sucks but you cant tell someone they cant have a minpin in their purse or they can sue you, but you can tell the person themselves they cant be there to avoid a possible situation. While anyone who has an actual service animal usually can be identified pretty easy by the demenor of the animal and how most people have a vest decalring them as such on the animal and wont too often cause a scene.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back