Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Lego ship is a MODEL of a ship. So no it's not a sea worthy craft.

Powered armor suits are humanoid shaped suits of armor ment for combat on land or in air/space, they may have ship level power (which this RP does) But they are not ships in the sense that they are a suit of metalic clothing.

Shuttle craft are not ships in the sense they are craft, crafts are the tricky ambigious name for a vessal that can logicaly be anything. BUT, they are called Shuttle Crafts not Shuttle Ships for a very simple reason, aside from the even simplier reason is that they are planes, and not ships.

By your reasoning a KITE is a ship!

And I repeat the Waffle, with blueberry and Strawberry, though it lack whipped cream and syurp, is an automated attack drone, a highly mobile, self guiding weapon. It is not a ship in the sense it is an unmanned fighter craft and not a warship or Battle ship or a Gunship, or a frigate, or a Sloop or a Cruiser.

I am going by the dictionary. You are just making stuff up.

Go ahead and cite a source.

As a matter of principle I'm bringing Wikipedia in to it:

A ship is a large, sea-going watercraft, usually with multiple decks. A ship usually has sufficient size to carry its own boats, such as lifeboats, dinghies, or runabouts. A rule of thumb saying (though it doesn't always apply) goes: "a boat can fit on a ship, but a ship can't fit on a boat". Often local law and regulation will define the exact size (or the number of masts) which a boat requires to become a ship. (Note that one refers to submarines as "boats", because early submarines were small enough to be carried aboard a ship in transit to distant waters.)

Or for our situation:

A starship is a large, space-faring spacecraft, usually with multiple decks. A starship usually has sufficient size to carry its own boats, such as lifeboats, dinghies, or runabouts. A rule of thumb saying (though it doesn't always apply) goes: "a boat can fit on a starship, but a starship can't fit on a boat". Often local law and regulation will define the exact size (or the number of masts) which a boat requires to become a ship. (Note that one refers to submarines as "boats", because early submarines were small enough to be carried aboard a ship in transit to distant waters.)

The Muffin does not carry any smaller vessels, and as such can not be a ship. It must therefore be a Starboat.

I would have used Wikipedia, but Uso Tasuki ignores most refrences there, due to it's Open sourse nature. So Logicistically I would be in the exact same place as I am now even if I used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back