• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

A few weapons/corporations questions...

Echo

Inactive Member
1: Is there anything that denies my right to develop an inter-planetary ballistic missile? (Rules, science, treaties, etc.)

2: What type of explosion types are there, besides HE and Anti-Matter?

3: Is there a form for creating a corporation?

4: Do corporations have any influence on the world stage?

Other than that, I am in good understanding of most things in this RP so far...still reading up on stuff, but yeah.

What do you mean by explosion types exactly? HE and anti-matter are explosives but there is really only one type of explosion.

Uso, that was a typo.

I think that you're allowed to develop whatever you want so long as it isn't
A) Aether weapons
B) Anti- Aether
C) better than Yamatai
D) as good as the average tech for whatever faction that owns the territory your company is in.

There is a form of the corporation, but new players really need to wait at least three months before starting one.

And corporations can influence things if you play them right, but it is very difficult to do so.

About the corporations, I had a bit of PM convo with Wes and I think I can start one, as long as I have another player doing checks-n-balances with me.

And by types of explosions, I mean explosive weapon types. Different warheads and such, as well as the detonation and science behind using them.

Explosive weapon types and the science behind using them is a big list but if it works in the real world it will work here.

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x.html
http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/

I <3 this site when it comes to science bits about how things would work in space.

In this setting anti-matter is used a lot and it basically works by an anti-particle and a particle canceling each other out converting their mass into energy ( E = mc^2, which is a shit-ton of energy). Of course drawbacks of this include storage and inefficiency of use. Assume a brick of anti-matter and a brick of matter collide. Where they impact there will be a large blast which is perfectly placed to push the remaining matter and anti-matter away from each other.

Of course there are chemical explosives that release chemical energy when they are triggered.

There are atom bombs that use fission, slamming heavy things together to release energy from individual atoms.

And fusion, which compresses lighter elements into a denser element in order to extract energy.

There are also kinetic detonators which are basically anything that moves really fast. At any serious fraction of the speed of light an object is going to be carrying enough energy to cause a big explosion when it hits another object, more than enough to break any chemical bonds that either object may have.

There is also Aether, which for the most part just causes energy to come into being (in exchange for increasing entropy in the universe IE: taking some time off its lifespan) and that energy will hit whatever is nearby which will in turn cause everything to be pushed away and explode.

Though your best bet may be to poke around on the wiki: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=li ... ip_classes

and

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=military_equipment

to see what some of the things in use are.

Oh, I've looked around large lists of things on this site.

I love filling my head with information, especially Sci-Fi military stuff.

Tactical executions, Sci-Fi military, and such things thrill my mind and for some reason keep me attentive regardless of how "boring" they may seem. Because of this, I have a preference for snipers and airstrikes on the battlefield.

However, back to my original point. I've read all of that ^^
Of course, I haven't gone through every single ship, but I've gotten most of the essentials out of it.

Anyways, so I guess at this point all of my questions have been answered to at least a respectable degree. I think I just need to find someone to help me start a corporation...

Oh and this question hasn't been answered...although you could consider Kai's post a response to this...
Echo said:
1: Is there anything that denies my right to develop an inter-planetary ballistic missile? (Rules, science, treaties, etc.)

From what I remember there are a few restricted technologies that you either can't get your hands on because they are being phased out (Zesu, TTDs, ect) or because they are illegal (Aether and some of the nanomachine bits that Yamatai use). Of course nothing is stopping you from using the illegal bits but you can expect some sort of IC reaction.

But assuming you don't use those nothing is stopping you from slapping some sort of FTL on a big bomb and making a missile out of it. Many corporations also do have some form of private military as well so it isn't uncommon to see them arming themselves.

Edit: Check 3.3 and 6.7

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ya ... aw_ye_30&s

Ah, okay.

So...as long as it's for my corporation...I can even own the IPBMs I manufacture? Awesome! xD

Hmm...now I just need a corporation partner...*raises an eyebrow*

RPG-D RPGfix
Back