Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 188604 A Fighting Chance

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Pine
  • Start date Start date
J

Jack Pine

===the day after the briefing post operation roach hotel===//2pm//
Jack stood in the same briefing room as yesterday, but now accompanied by stacks of hard cases holding the new sidearm for Sky Guard pilots. The Sky Guard pilots filed into the room in groups and pairs, Jack waited until the roster on his datapad marked all as present. After a few moments and most in attendance were quite he began speaking, "Some of you know me, some of you don't, I am guardsman Pine. I have asked for all of you to be here for a matter, that I believe to be of utmost importance. In the previous operation, our forces took considerable losses, some of you know those who were lost. What I have to talk to you today, will hopefully help reduce the loss of so many brave in the future. I have designed a special sidearm, which effective immediately will be issued to every pilot, regardless if you want it, or not. The USO-P1 is a .45 caliber handgun, gas operated, top porting, flared magwell, high capacity magazines, and night sights. Everyone will form an orderly line and each take a hardcase. Each includes a pistol, 6 mags, and a tactical strap holster fitted with magazine holders for all given mags. Also each of you have had the instructions on cleaning and maintenance sent to your datapads. Now please proceed and collect your kit." @Zack @Air Admiral @Alex Hart @Arbitrated @Malefic
each player character receives a personalized pistol

"Ooh, very authoritative..." Uso said, skipping ahead in line and taking one of the cases. "Maybe I should be calling you Mr. Mook?"

Jack was surprised to see her, "Actually mam, this one is yours."
He pulled a case that was an ornate wood box, and opened it to reveal a USO-P1 gold plated with stylized engravings.

"Clearly a show-piece though... the engravings give no tactical advantage whatsoever." She would smile, and pick up the gold-plated weapon, "But I'm totally still using it. Thanks for the gift... so what did you have in mind for shooting practice?"

"Well we have a lot of scrapped parts and debris from repairs and wrecks, that couldn't be salvaged, so put together some humanoid shaped targets together using it." Jack said please that Uso was pleased with the firearm.

"Though training for the pistol is only the first part of the training, the other is hand to hand, for those times when the enemy is too close for comfort." he added more pilots walked up and took a case.

"SO whacha gonna teach?" Uso asked, putting the golden-firearm away and taking out one of the fresh-off-the-line pistols. With practiced ease she would start filling up one of her magazines with bullets, "I'm kinda curious what the Greens are teaching you guys these days."

"The "greens" didn't teach me everything, they still hold to the futile notion that the enemy will fight fair, I learned far before then that they won't. I gonna teach these kids a form of hand to hand that will allow them to redirect the movement and force of their opponent, while exploiting their weaknesses through a form of no bars combat." Jack said finding it interesting to see Uso join in on this program. Jack had already equipped himself with a USO-P1 which now sat in a tactical strap holster at his right hip next to his regular pistol, his P1 was black with two diagonal red stripes running down vertically on the sides of the pistol's upper, and the night sight was a crimson red.

"Ooohhhh... it's been too long since I've gotten to punch something," Uso said, an eagerness in her voice as she rushed to get the words out, "wanna try some moves out on me?"

She was smiling of course, like she was about to get away with murder.

Jack raised an eyebrow, "you seem quite eager in participating, for now I'm just trying to teach these kids the basic, practicing with another opponent can come later. Though you seem to be more excited about beating the shit out of one of them than the actual training."

"I would be glad to spar with you mam, though that look in your eye makes me think you wouldn't stop at the count of three." he said surprised by her words and excited demeanor.

"I promise I won't kill you..." Uso said, "But, I mean, come on.... you're gonna try some king-fu shit you saw on TV and then I'm going to get to demonstrate why that shit don't work!

You only gotta worry about direction of force during Zero G hand to hand... and we've nearly got a full g here."

"It is not "kung-fu" and when in combat you exerting inertia, a direction of force with ever attack. The point is to redirect there movements to put them at a disadvantage, or throw them off-balance." Jack said trying to fight the urge to roll his eyes.

"And I have never watched TV, until i was in the military where they had them broadcasting news 24/7. Contrary to belief I've lived my childhood in orphanages, but mostly on the streets. I ran the streets with a gun in hand, dodging and killing; gangsters, thugs, or other people just trying to take your shit. Life is not entertainment, it's survival. But yes we can spar at some point." he said hoping he didn't come off as ranting, his past was a sore spot, centered around specifically why he was forced to live such a life.

"Come on then, what do you want to demonstrate?" Uso asked getting up on the balls of her feet, using her thumb to gesture across her face like she was right out of some kung-fu flick.

"Need me to throw a punch? Let you grab me?"

"If you wish, shall we start at range first, or close quarters?", Jack asked as he motioned to clear the stage, which was met with pilots scampering off stage to get out of the way, but to get a good view. He took his stance, on the balls of his feet as well, but with one arm moved back and bent, and the other moved forward slightly and bent.

"Kinda the same thing, but let's do CQC first," Uso said, "You're the instructor. Tell me what you want me to do so you can demonstrate."

"That's the major advantage of this technique, flexibility, you make the first move and I'll react." Jack said widening his stance slightly.

Uso would move up, keeping her arms up like a boxer, and throwing a lazy punch once she got within range.

Jack waited till she was close before dropping to the floor and kicking up into Uso's stomach with both legs pushing her back and flipping backwards into a crouch.

There was a little give as his feet slammed into her stomach. Shortly after his feet would start pressing into her. Early invulnerable bones, knocking the neko backward but not over.

"Whoooo! Was totally expecting an arm grab!

That flip though. That's gotta tire your kind out pretty quickly."

Uso would waste little time running in again, this time throwing a quick exploratory jab towards his head.

"Not when you use your opponent own energy against them.", Jack said as he executed a forward slide knocking Uso's legs out from under her, before receiving an elbow in the same spot he had hit her the first time as she went over him. "Your still leaving your lower body open, that can be a huge opening in your defense." he said has he quickly stood getting back into his previous stance.

The shooting range had emptied at this point, as fresh faces from Ragnarok and the locals started to gather around, all eager to watch the fight.

"You're not very economical in your energy use..." Uso replied, "Showy.... that'll get you beat up fast!"

His slide under her left him little room to connect with his elbow, his own energy taking him down and away from Uso as she flopped forward, turning to land on her back.

"This time for realizes?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back