• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 A Fighting Chance

"That's when everything goes, maximum damage is needed for the quickest victory. That and I've had extensive endurance training just for this method of combat." Jack said keeping his fighting stance, but rotating his angle of stance to have his torso and legs face the crowd.

Jack motioned for Uso to come at him again, even if she was temporarily on the ground, she was still dangerous. "I hope your actually learning here, though it seems I've lost the rest of the class. I guess it's all in good fun now, so let's do this, or are you staying down for the count?" he said still at the ready.

"That ain't all you lost," Uso laughed, "... but you ain't taking the bait either..."

She'd slowly get up and make her way over to Jack, the class moving along with her so the two remained in the center of their circle.

Uso would hold her left fist out, hunkering down a bit and leading with another slow jab, keeping her shoulders low and right in line with his center of mass.

"Now you're learning, stay low and you're not as open.", Jack acted as if he was going to slide into her legs again when she was close again, but stopped mid kick, changing his stance before grabbing her arm from the side and yanking her close.

Last edited:
BOOM

Jack finally gave Uso what she'd been waiting for. He grabbed her arm, then the shockwave hit him, a blast nearly deafening everyone nearby, kicking up a large amount of mud and sand.

Uso's CRT organs inset into her shoulder blades had fired off. Her shoulders were already squarely aimed at him, sending the woman barreling through Jack and knocking him up into the air then flat on his back.

The sheer physics of the situation didn't leave Jack any room to work. No amount of arm strength was going to stop it, and there was little his fingers could do to even hold on given the forces involved.

Jack found himself seeing stars, "Nice trick, can you do it again?", he said after getting up. He would definitely not be doing that again, he had to be more careful in extreme range now. He was a little unsteady but still up, he had to end this fast. Jack resumed his stance ready for her to come at him again.

"HA! Stay down son...."

Uso turned to face him, hands on her hips, a cocky pose as she looked him over. Some of the crowd actually started cheering as jack got up.

"I'm a purpose built war machine. This little lesson is about how you Neps don't got a chance in hand to hand."

Uso locked her eyes on him,"you really should..."

**BOOM**

Uso closed the distance nearly instantly with one rocket assisted dash. Her legs didn't even have time to move, her feet mostly just carried along the ground as she looked to closeline him. The sheer speed and force behind the move giving Jack little in the way of options. There wouldn't be enough time to get out of the way, and even if he managed to redirect Uso's arm, her body and physics would ensure a hit.

Jack acting quickly threw his pistol into the neko's face as he jumped back to lessen the force he would take, but a metal pistol on the other hand was going to hurt like hell, if it didn't knock her unconscious. It had the desired effect causing Uso head to be thrown back and her speed reduced slightly at the sudden change in her body's angle. Jack was slammed as before, but not as bad as before. Stars were exploding across his vision as he raised himself off the floor slowly for the second time. Jack looked behind him to see Uso still going towards the wall.

Jack didn't get much of an opportunity to recover, once he hit the ground there was another blast. Nearly instantly Uso was on Top of him, pressing her knuckles against his throat as she brought her weight down on his shoulders, her face was bleeding pretty bad from a gash right across the center but it didn't seem to slow her down.

Jack's vision was fading fast, he hadn't expected such a quick recovery, she was out for blood now, and jack had to act fast if he was going not end up dead. His right hand scrambled around looking for something, until he found something he had almost entirely forgotten in the heat of the moment. he had through his USO-P1 at her, but he still had his other 45 holstered. Jack pulled the gun out and did the thing he could do, he shot Uso who was on top of him in the shoulder twice, the shots ringing out in large shooting range. She rolled off of him, allowing him to breath again, this made him worried he had killed her. But she hadn't given him much choice, "Dam Uso, are trying to kill me, this wasn't meant to be a death match!"

Uso would take the first shot to the shoulder, his gun more than close enough for her to grab by the barrel, the second shot cutting right through her hand, splattering blood out towards the ground. At this point her vice like grip would keep the slide from moving back into position, jamming the gun.

"Now give up before I break something," She said.

"Not after being called one of those Nep sons of bitches! I owe them nothing, I am not a nep, or any other kind of human, I am only one man! I don't belong to any government, people, religion, or ideals! So if you want a death match then you better kill me." Jack managed to choke out, "Fuck you, if you think I will surrender." he added with a middle finger raised. He knew he couldn't win, and this training exercise had turned into a beat down, but he wasn't about to take an insult without giving her resistance. Jack grinned even as he knew the end was coming, and he looked forward to it.

Last edited:
"Such needless defiance. You got too much pride... learn to keep your head down when it suits you...."

Uso remained on top, bleeding all over him,

"Now if I get up can I trust you not to shoot me in the head?"

"Pride is the only thing I have, some days it's the only thing that keeps me going. Defiance is what's kept me alive, I rather keep my bloodied head high, life is too short not give every minute you have left for something that actually matters. Battlefields are nothing but mass graves dug by the tools that caused them, can you honestly tell me we are doing is any different!" Jack had let go of the pistol to reach for his knife, but stopped when Uso spoke.

"I have killed children half your age, all because they picked up a gun after seeing their families slaughtered by nep troops because they were labeled rebels and pirates. I know the monster I am, I have no illusion of the hell I belong in, so I will make every last moment count. Now get off me, I can't shoot you, you have my gun." he continued relaxing, slightly disappointed now, his face still filled with anger but no longer holding a grin.

"HA! That's a good point. Remember a little trust goes a long way," Uso said, throwing his gun into the crowd and getting up off Jack, offering him a hand, "The less you use, the further it goes."

Jack dropped the knife, and took her hand. "Okay everyone who was here for training, reconvene tomorrow, we'll pick up where we left off with firearm training." he said to the crowd.

"Awww..."

"Come on!"

"I wanna see more fighting!"

Uso would help him up, and speak quietly so the others couldn't hear, "Seriously, that pride will get you killed. Be smart and don't rush into things you can't win. You gotta win the battles first then fight.

No one gives a shit what your past is or how many bodies you had to step over. All that matters is what you can do now."

"Then I need something to replace that pride first, besides I need to remember what I've done. Otherwise I'll become that man again if i'm not careful, but at least I got people who'll keep me honest. Now if you excuse me I'm just going to limp off to the med-bay." Jack whispered back before looking on the floor for a moment. Finding what he was looking for, Jack flipped up the knife he had left on the floor, before sheathing it. "Anybody care to help a sorry son of a bitch to med-bay?" he said louder as he limped towards the door. A female Ragnarok soldier would put one of his arms over her shoulder in an assisted carry, her name listed on her jacket was Sarah Thorn. Sarah would look back to Uso for a moment, an expression of irritation clear on her face.

"Confidence and talent," She replied, watching him leave,

"Pride gets stomped the FIRST TIME YOU GET BEAT!" She ended up shouting at him as he limped away, "DON'T THINK THAT PRIDE COUNTS FOR ANYTHING!"

----- the next day----
Jack leaned against the wall waiting for all the pilots to arrive, his was still feeling pretty sore after yesterday. He had lit up a cigar, and was taking a drag when the majority of pilots arrived. "Everyone coming in, find an empty booth and take the time to check over your firearm. We will begin as soon as everyone arrives." he said thinking about taking a swig from his flask that he usually kept in his jacket, but thought against it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back