• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny A late arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

In the vast open snow laden fields of the north-eastern parts of Yamatai.
To the west of Mezerit, is an arctic barren wasteland, roaming with small, unusual wildlife and vegetation. All is quiet and peaceful here, until the silence was broken by a faint noise of what seems to be a hoverbike. A Fjielheim Markz C-22 to be exact, the sound grows ever so much louder as it's silhouette slowly protudes from the horizon.
And guess whose riding it. It's our new Star Army recruit, Douglas Eydmann, clad in thick winter wear and eye protectors. He seems to be in a bit of a rush.
He's making his way to the Uesureyan Fields' starport. Somewhat towards the south-west of Kyoto. To get to the shuttles which destination is the infamous YSS Destiny.
But he's going around the Medigeshrin bay. He plans on taking a more direct route. Across the waters. But since this is pretty much arctic terrain, it would be pretty easy.

A few metres are left before he reaches the beach of the Sea of Ioriolis.
Douglas steps off his bike to modify it to cross semi-frozen waters.
He swings off it, and pats the rear lights twice, and then steps back.

The bike starts forming lines across itself, as it it were cracking, and a blinding lights emits from them. Douglas shields his eyes from it.
But the lines turn out to be layers of flat plates which makes up the bike, each connected to a small robotic arm. They all dislodge and jerk around madly as the light gets brighter and brighter. It lets lets off an explosion of light, and a small shockwave. Sending Doug's hair whipping madly all over.

When the light settled, it revealed another bike, but this one was different.
It was a bike within a giant, ovular wheel, which scaled about half the size of a semi-detached villa. The grips of the wheel is adapted to propel it along water, and to crush ice of a certain size. The sides protuded with hydrofoils which doubled as an ice breaker.

"Alright" He says under his breath. "I'd better hurry up".
He swings his right leg through the interior, leaned back and sped off across the icy waters, bobbing over the waves.

Half an hour passed by quite quickly, Douglas just had a glimpse of the other end of the sea of Ioriolis.
As he turned his head, a tad bit to the right. He caught a quick glimpse of Karen's lookout, and a teeny bit to the left, he could spot the festive lights of which is Kyoto, he slows down to marvel at the wonderful spectacle.
"It's things like these that make me feel proud of my homeland..." He thought.
His bike slowly drifts towards his destination.
His winter coat started buzzing, it's his message console.

"Please position console for retinal scan." Beeped the console.
He places the top of it to his left eye. Prepared for the scanning.

The console made strange beeps and clicks. Indicating that it's identifying his retina.
"Retinal scan complete, welcome! Please input username and password.".
Doug, whips out his stylus and fills in the required fields.
"You have... two, new messages." Said the friendly voice.

He reads the first message; "Hi ThErRE!! WUD U LIek 2 REnt A Fr-"
He deletes it.
"Seconnnnd message!" presented Doug. He taps his stylus.
It was a note from the staff of the YSS Destiny.
He takes off his goggles, which left an imprint around his eyes, and proceeded to read. Reading every letter and word.
"Whaaaaat?" He whinced.
It turned out that he was early and the YSS Destiny hasn't even reached Yamatai at all!
He groaned and dropped his head in embarassment.
His bike horn blared.
Douglas squeals. A few moments later, he checks his console to check the time; "3:46 am" it read.
Doug had never been this early before in his life. He might as well get to the Uesureyan Fields before the Destiny launches.
He gave a smirk, puts his goggles back on and sped off once more.

Minutes seemed to be just a few seconds, must be all the adrenaline pumped up when driving at break-neck speeds.

Moist, coastal sands turn to grass in a matter of a few nano-seconds. Which soon turn to overlapping metallic panels, he's now where he wants to be.
The Uesureyan Fields.
Douglas came to a halt on his hoverbike, and swung off.
He holds his hand toward the bike slightly, so not to attract much attention. It starts levitating, large hissing and crackling sounds emitted from the beast as it folded into a small, single square panel.
With that, he concealed it withing his right trouser pocket.

He walked around aimlessly around the busy starport, dodging passengers and sliding past moving cargo. Until he came across a curtain of launching pads.
His feet start vibrating, and a panicked siren came from nowhere, he looks down. He seems to be standing on what seems to be a small pentagonal trap door. He steps back from it so it would open. a screen pops out on a mechanical arm. And what seemed to be an embedded eye scanner projected a violet laser into Doug's right eye.

It spoke out in gibberish
"епÇм╝рÆерю прßшььЭ".
It went, and a cable fires from it's back, flying parallel along the row of launching pads.
It took a sharp turn to the left and illuminates a lime-like glow, with a small bursts of energy running through it. It was pointing at platform, Pя-97. He strides towards that direction, having small bursts of skipping along the way.

After passing about eleven titanic launching pands he finally reaches pad Pя-97. He clambers up the stairs which encircled the rectangular structure. He tries to locate some of the steps since there wa squite a thick blanket of fog engulfing the area at the time.
He finally reaches the top, at the top there stood a man in his mid twenties, he wore quite scruffily and carried a small clipboard.
"So I guess you're Douglas Eydmann, am I right?"
"Yeah, I guess so."
"Well, now that you're here, you best find yourself a pod"
""You mean any pod?"
"Yeah."
"Awesome."
Doug navigated himself through the open roof of the launch pad, the pods were laid out in blocks, like houses. There were men in jumpsuits running about, refueling some of the used pods and a lot more others.
He soon picked one out of his liking, he looks around. Seeing whether anyone was around. Noone, He pulls out a white-out pen and writes down:
"The Paper Asylum"
He gives a light chuckle and hops into it.
The hydrolics make interesting closure noises. Doug couldn't help but grin, he was quite looking forward to be a citizen of the YSS Destiny.
It was quite cramped in the pod. There was just a seat and a floor only large enough for his feet. But there was a high ceiling though. But he still rests his feet on his bag.
After a while, a small knock came upon the door's re-inforced window, it was the same guy he saw earlier, places his finger upon the side of the pod.

"Right, make sure you got your got your safety straps on. Oh and the seat height can be adjusted, in case you wanted to know. Just use those buttons to your... right, yeah; your right."

"Thanks a lot man"

They give eachother a thumbs up.
"Alright, I'll notify the control tower that you're launching. The name's Marcus, and I'll be joining you soon. I'll see you someday."

He gets his hand off the pod and walks off.
Douglas turns to his right and tries to locate the seat adjustment buttons, he finds an icon of what looks like a man sitting on gon a vertical stick. He presses the top button. He feels the seat get lighter. His feet doesen't feel the stress on something bulky anymore.
He then moves his arms around his shoulders, straps found their way into his hands. He pulls them down fluently into the buckels, waits, and starts twiddling his thumbs.

Marcus comes back, and faces through the window. He smiles and gives a friendly wave.
A holster slowly swings at Doug's chest to hold him in place, like on a roller coatser. He returns the wave.

Marcus pulls a piece of paper from his pocket and unfolds it, he shows it to Doug. It reads "I'll see ya soon!"

The pod starts rumbling, and was already in space before Doug could even lift his arm.
"So... this is my life."
He thought.

The pod lightly navigates through space, en route towards the space titan, by the name of "The YSS Destiny"

(You really shouldn't be RPing anything planetside without a GM. Your bike should also have been posted on the technology discussion forum first)

Uso Tasuki said:
(You really shouldn't be RPing anything planetside without a GM. Your bike should also have been posted on the technology discussion forum first)

(Oh, sorry about that. I'm more used to live RPing, so this whole thing is quite new to me. Apologies! :oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back