• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

"a lot" Wordfilters into Many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamb

Ovine Member
Inactive Member
a lot

"a lot"

Unless directly in quotation marks... Is this just me finding out for the first time after a year or so, or is this just something screwy in my browser?

If it is a forum wide thing, then what other eerie grammar-correcting wordfilters are there? And why? Is this supposed to be some kind of joke to keep me from using "Its" for "it is" and "It's" for something belonging to something?

How many Engrish posts have I made without realizing it?! Is it a lot more than I thought? (I typed "a lot" again just than.)

Many of these were added to counter Uso's poor spelling.

Attachments

• wordfilter1.png
    wordfilter1.png
    20 KB · Views: 281
  • wordfilter2.png
    wordfilter2.png
    13 KB · Views: 281
You forgot how Uso misspells summary.

When I ask for a summary, I get a summery. Which I guess is a form of orange juice.

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
Question: why does 'a lot' not correct to 'a lot'?
It's an awkward term in the first place.

Simple, we'll word filter both a lot and a lot into a great deal. It's sophisticated, shnazzy, and seems to cover more bases.

----

I'm hungry a lot.

I'm hungry a lot.

I'm hungry a great deal.

----

I'm a lot more hungry than you.

I'm a lot more hungry than you.

I'm a great deal more hungry than you.

----

There's a lot of hungry people here.

There's a lot of hungry people here.

There's a great deal of hungry people here.

----

What could go wrong?

"I'm sad a great deal."

"A great deal was the location for the meeting."

"I'm so tired of having to park outside of a great deal."

"Each person line up and draw a great deal. Whose ever is the shortest has to stand watch."

"A great deal, a nephew of Abraham who according to the account in Genesis escaped from the doomed city of Sodom with his wife who turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back."

Note that "a lot" is not wordfiltered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back