• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Origin [Abwehran-Origin] Potential Customers

"From what I've read about Power Armor Operations in most 'modern' star nations," the Leutnant began with a frown. "I do believe most Power Armor designs would be too much for our needs," he stated with a shrug. "We mostly use Power Armor in the Heavy Infantry sense and never use them in space combat." he explained. "It's a lot cheaper on the Treasury that way."

Udo waited for the Military Officer to finish before he smiled. "Yes, it is quite understandable that you would need to speak with your Board about the specifics," he stated. "But I am definitely glad we could get off on the proper footing today and look forward to a wonderful partnership between Origin Industries and the Abwehran Star Empire."

"Even if our native companies start cursing us for the competition we've brought upon them," Cundry commented with a snort.

"Heh. I'm hoping to have a great relationship with your nation as well" Aerin commented, handing Udo a Datapad. "This datapad has the current draft of our agreement, as well as a bit more information on our company. If you will excuse me to my board, you will be able to head back to your ship, unless you have any more questions or concerns to ask me about right now?"

"No, Fraulein," Udo replied with a smile as he glanced at the datapad and tapped it a bit to check for wireless access. "I believe..." he faded off as he began to transfer the file through a translation program and into his palm computer.

The moment the computer beeped, he handed the datapad back to Aerin and grinned. "we're done here for the day," he finished as he stood up and stretched out his top right hand for a handshake. "I will review the document and return when you have a decision from your board," he explained charmingly as Cundry rolled her eyes underneath her goggles.

"All is well then. Down the hallway we entered and out the door, that vehicle is waiting for you. Once you close the door the autopilot shall return you to your ship. If you need me, simply contact the station and I should be available" Aerin smiled sweetly and rose, curtsying to her guests. "Farewell, And I hope you enjoy your stay."

A couple of days of reviewing documents and discussions with their superiors on Abwehr later, the delegation would call for another meeting with an Origin Representative in the same conference room. This time, however, only the civilian representatives, Udo Jung and Cundry Schafer, would be in the meeting room.

With a briefcase computer on the table in front of Cundry, she seemed to be reviewing something while Udo was busy trying makes his hair just right. "I think the Fraulein digs me," he commented as he heard the female Nightwalker snort, causing him to frown in annoyance.

The two were soon greeted by a trio, Aerin the dip in the center of two much larger men, all three smiling and seeming happy to be meeting the Abwehran representatives. The first man, a Nepleslian whose uniform had a couple of dark stains on the green bands, came forward, introducing himself. "Hello, I'm Ray Gladstone, head of OMC. You've already met Aerin, the brains behind our operation, and our other colleague is Rob Robertson the Third." Aerin and the other, larger, scarred Nepleslian nodded and sat down as their names were called. Ray held out a friendly hand to the Abwerhans, expecting to accomplish the standard Nepleslian greeting. "How may I help you today?" he asked.

It was hard for Udo not to frown in disappointment as a male Nepleslian entered the room, though Cundry didn't seem to have any problem picking up on it (and giggling with mirth over it). "Ah yes," the Government Representative began in his heavily accented Trade (Nepeslian) before grasping the man's hand with his upper right hand and giving him a controlled, but vice-like hand shake.

"Well, I guess this bit of news could have waited, but I just wanted to inform your company that the Abwehran Star Empire has agreed to purchasing several of your products, with the appropriate changes to power sources of course. I hope Fraulein Tatst has informed your company of the essentials." the male Abwehran explained as he pulled out his pocket computer and cleared his throat. "For the government itself, the Abwehran Star Empire would like to purchase 500 Ocelot Hover Cars in Government Black and one Princess Class Yacht to be used for the Imperial Family, which would have the Imperial Seal emblazoned in an appropriate place. The Abwehran Armed Forces would like to purchase 2000 General Purpose ORVs and 1000 Heavy Duty ORVs in Standard Green for the Schirmherrschaft's Landwehr. Finally, the Civilian Space Administration Agency, our civilian space authority, would like to purchase 200 Starliners for public transportation usage." Udo listed off before putting the pocket computer down.

"We will be willing to pay in two methods: we can exchange Abwehran Currency for which ever you currently use or we can trade in resources. In fact, our major mining center in the Himmel der Bergleute System is only 15 Light Years galactic south east of your Station. Transportation of the material would be on our part along with free shipping. We can also continue this as payment for any future designs purchased from Origin Industries."

"Of course. We've already started building extra Fusion generators in anticipation of your order." Ray answered, smiling at Udo, and returning the Abwerhan's grip (not quite as powerfully, but with a good enough effort.) He disengaged the shake and proceeded to his seat on the opposite side of the table, waiting for his guest to sit first. Hearing the order, Aerin jotted down the numbers and items on a datapad, which calculated the order immediately. She tallied everything up, then set it to display on the screen, before handing the device over.

It Read:
Code:
Ocelot x 500 (5,000 each)= 2,500,000

Princess x 1 (45,000 each) = 45,000

GP-orv x 2,000 (6,000 each) = 12,000,000

HD-ORV x 1,000 (9,000 each) = 9,000,000

Starliner x 200 (35,000 each) = 7,000,000

Total = 53,045,000

The black-haired Aerin began "We'll accept the raw materials, as it helps take out a middleman and saves us effort in the short as well as long run. While that total is rather high, the bulk of your order qualifies for a discount, so the final price is negotiable." She smiled at Udo and Cundry, a pleasant smile that showed she was enjoying the business. Aerin thought back on her pirating days, when she never thought that she'd ever have control of such large amounts of money and resources. Going legitimate was the best choice she had ever made, along with Ray and Rob, the three were making out like kings of yore.

"I do have a question to ask, though it may be trivial and I'm sure is one you've heard before, but, How has your experience been with our company?" the CEO asked, looking genuinely concerned about her company's treatment of theses guests.

Udo accepted the datapad and browsed over the costs, which he unfortunately had to convert to Abwehran currency for his own sake. "Hmmmm..." he hummed thoughtfully as he figured it to come up to 159 million Credits. That was only an approximate guess considering it was mental math. "Well it is certainly going to cost us a credit or two," he mumbled his understatement before smiling at Aerin. "Our mining efforts in Himmel are still in there infancy, but are growing exponentially each Fiscal Eighth," he explained as he typed a bit into the datapad gently.

"I'm thinking the government would pay 50% of the overall price in converted currency. So that would be 79,567,500 Credits, or 26,522,500 KS. The rest would probably be trade in raw material from Himmel with free shipping. Considering the amount left to be paid and the current market prices of a lot of are material ranging from 1,000 Credits per ton to 10,000 Credits per ton for the rare metals, I would say 10% the monthly gross product of the Himmel mining operations over four standard years should finish the payment off nicely," Udo explained before glancing at Cundry. "Is that accurate?"

"More like 10.56%, so I'd say 11%," the Analyst responded as she brought up the data on her briefcase computer. "We can also continue at that pace indefinitely to pay for Cruiser Design and Production," she explained.

"Excellent," Udo responded and looked as if he were about to continue before the question came up.

Aerin said:
"I do have a question to ask, though it may be trivial and I'm sure is one you've heard before, but, How has your experience been with our company?"

Udo Jung seemed to pause at the question. "Why yes, we've heard this question before from many of our local corporations, though it was never asked with such concern before...normally as a courtesy," he responded as if a bit embarrassed. "But yes, I believe our experience with Origin has been excellent," he responded with a chuckle.

"Quite," Cundry responded with a hint of curiosity in her tone. "Is there any reason why you ask?"

"Not only does our company strive for quality of goods, but also for excellence of service. If you were not satisfied, we would do whatever we could within our power to meet your needs. It's a simple business plan that seems to be working so far, and we like to be sure we are keeping to it." Aerin answered, smiling, before looking over the numbers and calculating the time it will take to fulfill the Abwehrans' orders.

After a moment, she continued, "I believe this payment plan will suffice. At the rate you specified, your order should be filled about a year and a half before the final shipment of raw materials came. Though unless we get new contracts within that time, we may be able to expand production for your nation and fulfill it sooner."

Aerin was all business on the surface, but, happy business to be certain. Underneath she was bubbling with joy. As a pirate she had been told going legit would lead to nothing, yet here she was, with her two closest associates, filling two enormous contracts with major galactic powers, making more money than she ever figured she could. Perhaps Aerin would bring her mother to the station. maybe finally, her mother would be happy. "It's been such a pleasure working with you. May the stars shine on your nation for millennia to come."

"Expanding Production would always be grateful," Mr. Jung responded with a smile. "In fact, that was another thing we contacted you about," he said as he pulled out a folder with holographic storage disc and an actual paper certificate. "We were able to get you a license for operations with in Imperial Territory," he stated as he slide both paper and disc to Aerin. "With this, Fraulein, you are able to set up production facilities and branch offices in areas designated for civilian use. Of course, I'd recommend using stations rather than planets considering the heavy gravity on the majority of our colonized worlds. Plus, the homeworld can be a dangerous place for non-Abwehrans," he explained with a weak smile.

"Furthermore, vaccinations are mandatory for all foreign visitors," Cundry spoke up before grimacing. "Especially after that Khorsovaroloran Incident," she muttered.

"Now now...no need to bring that up," Udo warned.

"ah, yes. We heard of that. That's an unfortunate side effect of coming into contact with a formerly closed ecosystem, and difficult to avoid. it is too bad Origin was not large enough to help at that time, but perhaps we can help preventing other accidents." Aerin nodded, completely understanding, she had read the official reports, and the 'real' reports from some of her old contacts.

"Anyway, back on topic. About stations, would it be fine if we built our own stations within your space? just one station of the same class you are currently on should be enough to supply your nation almost indefinitely should orders remain at the level they are." Aerin graciously accepted the license from Udo, smiling at the Abwehran man as she did so.

"I really do look forward to continuing work with you, it has been most pleasant and agreeable."

"Of course," Udo replied as he nodded. "You would have to stick to designated construction zones, since there are some restricted zones of space, but other than that you are free to build a station in Imperial space if you need to," the Abwehran explained. "I also hope we can continue," he began before his charming statement was interrupted.

"That's great," Cundry replied before holding up another folder. "But to aid you in the Cruiser design and any future projects, the Abwehran Armed Forces is assigning an Engineer to be your Liaison," the Nightwalker explained as she glanced up at a slightly pouting Surfacer male and smirked.

"I don't know why they picked this guy though. Probably don't want to send any Commissioned Officers on a Liaison mission," the Analyst muttered as she handed Aerin a folder named Lehrer, Wolfgang. "Apparently, he was injured at the Skirmish of Khorovaroloran, but he should be healed up by now. They'll probably ship him to you once your company gives the 'okay'."

"We would be most honored to have a Liason. Anything we can do to make our designs reflect the nations they are for is a plus. If this Wolfgang can help us to that end, we would be more than glad." Aerin said, looking over Wolfgang's dossier before giving it to Ray, who got up and opened the door, handing the file to an aide.

"If that is all, then we can wrap this up and get to actually filling these orders. I am sure Wolfgang will be approved soon, probably before you arrive at your destination." From seemingly nowhere, Aerin produced a rather thick sheaf of paper in a tan folder, and handed it across the table. "This is all of the details on your order and the contract between our company and your nation, as drawn up by our legal people. it shouldn't be anything surprising, there's no fine print and we can go over any details if you need."

"Thank you very much," Udo replied with a smile as he took the folder and handed off to Cundry. "I believe we've satisfied all of our objectives for this meeting," he explained as the Analyst began packing her things. "And hopefully we've started a lasting relationship between the Empire and Origin," the very tall man stated before holding out his hand once again for a hand shake.

"We'll probably stay around for a couple more days to make sure everything is finalized and then we will leave for Abwehr. It has been the utmost pleasure doing business with you."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back