• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Adventure Capital] 3 : Not trying too hard this time

Alex laughed for a moment before speaking again.

"I'd rather go with a name less silly than cheese plate or flying punchkicker."

"To help with any loyalty issues, a healthcare plan would be a good start. Extend the plan to the soldiers' families--including death benefits, in case the soldier meets an untimely end--and it won't be so tempting for them to desert or betray you." The Hive had never been in this exact situation, but it wasn't so different from convincing a ship to defect, for the sake of obtaining a few experts on board.

"Well... new housing should be reaching 188604 any day now. I also have been trying to get a medical facility up and running but it isn't as easy as hiring a doctor and telling them to do doctor stuff..."

Uso rolled her eyes, and looked over at Alex,

"I suppose... how does that Maxim go? Your name is in the mouth of others, be sure it has teeth? I suppose its your thing, you can call it whatever...

Maybe name it after the Osmani Drop Bear?

Or the Nepleslian Sewer Serpant?

Or that murder-horse-thing from Yamatain Myth.... Unicorn I think."

"A mecha called 'the orthodontist' could be suitably frightening," Queenie supposed.

Alex was intrigued by the mention of mythology.
"What's this unicorn? A murder horse is a pretty sparse description."

Alex laughed when he heard Queenie's suggestion.
"We don't want to scare them too badly!"

"I saw it in a movie once." Uso said, recounting her tale of the last unicorn encounter, "It was kinda the opposite of the Nepleslian Sewer Serpent. It preys on women, luring them in with its natural, majestic, horse-like-ness. They lure them away and entrap them... any anyone gets in the way..."

Uso lowered her head and put one hand on top, pointing a finger upward like a horn before stabbing towards Alex,

"STAB! Head-shank!

... Plus, rumor has it they can smell virgins."

As Uso's finger impacted his forehead, Alex fell backward into a chair.

He laughed in surprise at the "head shanking".

After his laughter subsided, he spoke.

"So we can call it the unicorn. Neat, but what about my other suggestion? And you said that you wanted to debrief the mission right?"

"You're right... JASON! GET OVER HERE AND TAKE A KNEE!"

Uso's face soured almost as soon as she had said that. The coach persona really didn't see to fit well for her.

"You know what? Don't do that. Do what you're doing now, just come over here a little bit."

Uso would then cross her arms,

"So, Specifically Mecha team. Ronin's leaving the gang but I am not super-worried about that. You'll be down a man but hey you two both show up all the time so you might not notice.

As for the last operation: You two along with Corgan did a great job of getting into the carrier and getting what we needed. There were certain complications that you handled well and the end result is you both kept up the tempo of the operation and achieved what we were there to achieve.

Alex, on one hand you don't listen and don't play well with the rest of the team. On the other hand you keep charging right into things headfirst which is fucking fantastic so long as you don't get killed. So, you know, you be you.

Jason, I want you to stay in your current 'what I am going to call support' role. You have been making good use of your assets, and you got the job done. I can not stress enough how important it is that you were able to keep the mission in mind and complete it without getting distracted.

Maybe the two of you will rub off on each other a little bit and become better pilots. I don't think we are going to be able to teach Alex to not just rush in, but I do think Jason is more than capable of supporting Alex so that he doesn't get killed.

Queenie and the Hive... that'd make a decent band name... regardless: thanks for showing up but you probably should work more closely with either Vier or Arccos regarding tactical deployment next time. Your spacer fleet's positioning wasn't great for assisting the operation.

Akemi, and generally all the power-armor guys, I mean... shit, power armor isn't great for this kind of thing. Maybe we should look into getting you ships or mecha? We still need a power-armored ground force for stuff but I don't want to keep throwing those soldiers away when we have to fight in space.

Arccos, you're the best. Don't change.

And uh... I'll speak to the rest of everyone when I see them."

"I was thinking of getting a combat ship but I figured I'd leave it until next time as I'd only recently gotten billions extra to spend," Akemi replied, chilling in his chair. "If I'm getting anything it's gotta be either long, sleek and phallic or a giant sphere. Gotta be something cool and custom. It'd be neat to use some pieces of the Mishhu wreckage. I always try to save money."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back