• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [AdVenture Capital] No More Raph

Z

Zack

188604, Palace Gardens, Osman City>

Raphael walked along the perimeter of the place gardens, holding Ivory's hand in his as they did. The two had basically spent most of their love day doing...stuff... And decided a change of pace was in order. Raph smiled warmly and wrapped an arm around Ivory's waist. "Well, what do you want to do now?" He asked.

Ivory smiled... Raph was adorable. Maybe still a bit young... embarrassingly full of stamina... "Maybe just a drink and some time to lay down by the beach? I didn't get much sleep this morning," She teased.

He smiled. "Alright... I'll give you a break." He teased back, softly bumping into her. The pair walked back inside and into the kitchen, where Raph began fixing some alcoholic beverages. "What would you like?"

"Surprise me Raph," She replied, "I know you're worried you're going to make a mistake... but it's fine to take charge a bit."

Raphael nodded. "Alright." he grabbed a few bottles and began to mox them together. After a few moments he poured the contents into a glass and slid it over to her. "Try this." He said sliding the amber looking liquid over to her.

Ivory would give it a quick taste, "Very sweet..." She replied, before taking a deeper sip. "... So... what are your plans? Are you going to stay with USO forever?"

Raphael looked over and smiled warmly. "I can't leave." he replied. "That means I would have to leave you." He said cocking his head softly to one side.

"I'm not married to Uso," She laughed, "... I am free to move about. Uso and I are just... well, we're used to working together."

He walked around to Ivory's side and sat down next to her, softly resting his head against hers. "I still think I would stay. This dust ball is growing on me. Plus..." He gave her a peck on the cheek. "I know you aren't tied down here, but you still give me quite the incentive to stay." He replied.

"In a few years, it might not be a terrible place to raise kids." She replied.

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her hip again..."I would like that very much." He said leaning in and kissing her deeply.

There was a soft rumble off in the distance, as if the kiss sparked literal fireworks. Ivory hungrily sucking on his tounge for a moment.

"Mr Castiel."

The voice belonged to a hooded figure, nearly 8 feet tall, a thin cloth hood pulled over his face, similarly loose clothing over the rest of his body, along with a tactical vest and side holsters for a pistol and knife. The only skin visible being on its hands, that looked like chiseled marble, holding a rather sleek rifle.

"Your mother has asked that you come with us."

Raphael was caught of guard by the intense kissing he was doing when he heard the voice. When he looked up to see a weapon pointed at them, he whipped around and shielded Ivory with his body. "Like hell I am! How the fuck did you get in here?!?!"

The hood shifted a bit, just a hint of a toothy grin peaking out, showing off sharp, pointed, teeth.

"That was her last time asking you to come home. Are you going to save us the trouble of carrying the two of you out of here?"

"Don't you dare fucking touch her..." He growled in defiance, bearing his own teeth in return. In a flash, his hand jabbed out and slammed into the hooded figures wind pipe. He then whipped out his pistol and fired several times into his skull.

The short range blast would strip the hood off the attacker, showing off the creature's face... or at least what passed for it. There was a mouth full of sharp teeth, but no other features to speak of, no eyes, nose, just what looked like white, chiseled , marble. The first round slamming into the smooth surface of the face, tearing into skin and then deflecting off to the side. The second round hit right in the same spot, forming a crack underneath, then again.. then again, the creature stumbling back and falling to the ground.

Raphael had no time to yell. In a flash, he had grabbed Ivory and began sprinting towards the roof. "What in the hells has my mother done..." he muttered as he ran with Ivory.

From the roof of the palace, they could see Van Banning's hexagonal tower. Many of the floors seemed to be on fire, and there was sporadic gun fire coming from the first floor.

There would then be a deep, low, breeze as two more of the creatures landed nearby. "Ok, you got me, I wasn't expecting that." One of them said... despite Raphael clearly able to see the creature he had just shot laying on the palace garden grounds. "... my bad, not making that mistake twice." Both creature's let their rifles drop and drew their pistols, firing stun-blasts at the two of them.

In the last moments before the stun blasts came, Raphael threw open his wings and shielded Ivory from the incoming onslaught. He screamed in agony as he was hit with multiple blasts.

Ivory went for Raphael's gun, only to get shot in the back.

The two were then slung over the creature's shoulders... and quietly taken out away from the city.

White Room>

Raphael would come to, laying on a white bed, dressed in a white robe, in a completely white room.

One of the creatures that had brought him there was standing in the corner, dressed and armed as before, only now holding a rather elaborate looking purple and gold robe.

"You know that was my first time dieing." It said, "... you got lucky, I got cocky... I laugh about it now really."

Raphael slowly came to and noticed the creature, he tried to jump up and back away, ending up pressing his back against the wall as the creature looked on. "Where is Ivory?!? WHERE IS SHE?!" He bellowed in rage.

"She's fine, We had a no-kill order the whole time we were down there because Mommy doesn't wanna make you any more angry than she has to." It would pause for a moment, "I mean... Ms. Castiel."

"Take me to Ivory right now you fucking genetic freak!" He said standing slowly.

"Language." the creature said, sternly. "Your girlfriend is fine. Now get dressed. Ms. Castiel is waiting for you." It would then toss the robes it was holding over at Raphael. The fabric was absolutely immaculate, the thread count so high it felt like a cloud running over his hands, the super smooth, light weight, material seeming to move about as he touched it, slightly adjusting itself to fit more comfortably when it sensed his presence.

As he reluctantly put on the cloths, he was reminded of when he lived on Heaven... a simpler time... and a different person. He stood up. "Alright I am dressed, take me to Ivory first! Then and ONLY then will I talk to Mother." He said to the creature.

"Stop acting like a child." The creature said firmly, "You'll speak to Ms Castiel, and then we can talk about Ivory." It grinned widely... adding, "Interesting choice of a name too... like most of her kind that's probably all she sees around here too."

He jumped up and attempted to clock the creature across what passed for it's temple, shifting the creature slightly to its left while leaving Raphael's hand hurting badly, like he had just punched a concrete beam.

"Seriously, stop that," It said, grabbing ahold of his arm and twisting it painfully, forcing Raphael's body downward, "Do I have to drag you to see your mother or will you just go see her on your own already? Acting out is just going to get you hurt."

Raphael howled in pain. "I am seeing Ivory first gods damn it!" He growled back. "Take me to her!"

The creature drew its pistol, and shot Raphael at point blank.

*ZAP*

---

Raphael would wake up... again... this time in a large reception area seated in a plush, deep brown, chair. Infront of him was a round coffee table, another similar chair, and an ornate rug. The room itself seemed to be like the one before, white floors, walls, ceiling, only this time there was a large floor to ceiling window that looked out into space stretching for what seemed like two dozen meters side to side at least... the ceiling no doubt very high up. On Raphael's shoulder was an intense weight, the creature standing just behind him and to his side, his weight keeping Raphael pressed down in the chair.

Raphael came to again... and sneered. "Let go you freak..." He said shallowly. Raph looked around the room. It was almost like he was back home on Heaven... His mother must have gone through some trouble to recreate their home.

"I will stun you as many times as I need to... " The creature said, "... and I don't know if this does lasting damage. It probably isn't good for you..."

There was a soft 'woosh' behind Raphael, and the creature would snap to attention. Raphael's mother coming into view and sitting down across from him, dressed on a rather form fitting purple and gold robe, their heraldry emblazoned as a small insignia on the right side of the robe just below her shoulder. A long, draping, purple scarf seemingly flowing around her neck and cascading down her shoulders. "... you have been problematic, but we can no longer wait for you to grow up Raphael." She said, sternly, "Your people... the people of this sector need you... need true Elysians to lead. I know you resent this, us, everything... but you are no longer a child. There are responsibilities to attend to and I need you to start tending to them."

Raphael was every quiet as she spoke, mostly out of hatred... but partly out of fear. His mother commanded monsters, and she had forced him to come home. "Where is Ivory, Mother..." He finally said in a low voice.

"Always thinking about what you want first. Just like your father," She said, the disappointment in her voice so thick it could smother him. "... The first thing you need to do is contact Uso. Have her come in instead of running about and causing problems. We would like you to represent our intrests on that planet, you can even return with that.... human... so long as you entertain the thought of a proper Elysian wife."

He glared at his mother. "Let me see Ivory, Mother, or you have no leg to fucking stand on..." he said angrily.

"The time has come for all good Elysians to stand with their people." She said firmly, "We are fighting wars on all fronts. The Rixxikor. The NMX. Even the persistent threat of Yamatai coming to destroy our new homeworld. Your Associate... Van Banning... was going to bring the Nepleslians down upon your little world. Could you imagine how many people would die from that? Or how many people she has gotten killed out here?

Do you have any understanding of how many billions will die if we fail?"

"Who?! Those people out there? Or 'Our people'? The ones who abandoned us after father died to save the Heavens? The ones who shunned our family for his so called failure?" He retorted.

"How many home-worlds have we lost? How many times have we let our technology be taken from us? How many billions have already died because our people were too timid to take a hard line against our problems? Our people, the ones that have left the failed Elysian state, have started again. No more failure. No more weak elysians dragging us to our graves."

"So only the genetically perfect like us?" He snarled. "Or like that fucking thing?" He said gesturing to the monster. "I don't care mother, and I won't listen to one more gods damned word until I see Ivory...Then I will listen to what you have to say..."

"The others can have their colonies... we've kept them safe from the worst of things... and Seraphs serve us, like they always have.

There is a fleet of ships being built on Nepleslia for you non-elysians that will protect the frontier from the NMX. They will save billions of lives, and free us take the fight to the NMX cradle-worlds. Every moment you delay bringing that world into line is another moment the NMX have to murder and pillage."

"How can I trust that a single word you say is true? You lie and cheat and manipulate everyone to get what you want! It is the same as it has always been." He looked at his mother angrily. "Now stop side stepping my request. Bring. Her. Here"

"And if I stopped manipulating do you know what would happen? The senate would stop defending these outer-worlds, pull back to focus on the new homeland. Leave billions more to the mercy of the NMX. A strong Elysian Empire is in everyone's best interests, including your own. It is not something I can do by myself. Either work with me, or leave others to perish because you were too selfish to do anything."

She would get up from her seat, and head back behind Raphael, "Think on it."

He stood. "Mother!" He lowered his head. "Let me see her, and I..." Raphael was scared for Ivory... and he knew that he wouldn't get anywhere if he fought her on this... But she wasn't the only person who had learned a thing or two about manipulation. "Bring me to Ivory and I will help you..." He said softly.

"... would it help if I shot you with the stun-gun again?" The creature asked, chuckling a bit.

Raphael growled. "Shut up you welp, before I put you in your place again." Channeling an air of authority he had not used since he was a young boy.

"Yeah... about that..." The creature said... once again pulling its pistol.

*ZAP*

---

Raphael would feel a bit of a headache... repeated stunnings apparently having some kind of effect on him. He was in another white room, this time it was a little larger, having a similar large view of space... but also with a small kitchen area, tables, and a bed all of which were a good 4-5 feet away from the stark white walls.

Ivory was sitting near Raphael, half dozed off... while the creature was standing in the corner of the room, still watching.

Raphael groaned... again...He sat up slowly looking around. As he turned he saw Ivory near by. The pain was the last thing on his mind when he saw her. He attempted to jump up and over to her side. "Ivory... Ivy... are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

Ivory seemed just a bit startled, "... I'm fine Raphael..." She said, putting her hands on his shoulders and pulling him in for a hug. "Have they been treating you well?"

He sighed in relief and pressed his forehead against hers. "Oh thank the gods... I was so worried. Yes... I am okay... Big, tall, and ugly over there likes shocking me but I am okay..." He said wrapping his arms around her.

"It looks like you have taken a few hits... " She said, holding Raphael against her chest, gently rubbing the back of his head with her hand. "... We need to remain calm."

He rested his head against her. "Yeah... I know. I just..." He looked up at Ivory. "I was so worried about you Ivy... I lost control of my temper... I was so worrided." He said resting his head against her again.

"... losing your temper will not help Raph... If we can not talk our way out of this then we will need to stay alive long enough for Uso to save us... maybe."

He nodded. "I'm calm... I'm calm..." He said sitting up and studying her, looking her over for any signs that they might have harmed her in anyway. "My mother... she wants me to work for her and lead the new Elysians against the NMX and Rixxor. And she wants me to bring Uso in to negotiate on 'our peoples' behalf." He said half spitting the 'our people' bit.

"... do we know where Uso is?"

"Mother and I... didn't get far into negotiations..." He said ashamedly. "I have no idea where she is. Or where anyone is for that matter."

"... it may be a while before we get out of here." Ivory admitted.

"So it would seem." He said standing, he looked down at the robes. "I am really... REALLY missing my fatigues right now." He said walking to the kitchen. "Hey! Ugly...Got any medicine in here for headaches...?" He asked as he searched the kitchen.

"I... have not really gotten a chance to look at what all is there..." Ivory said, getting up and following Raphael to the kitchen. It was surprisingly well stocked, food in the fridge, pans, pots, plates, even knives and forks.

"TOP CABINET!" The creature yelled out from the corner, the door itself glowing a soft green, highlighting which one to open, and the bottle inside that contained medicine.

"Thanks assface!" Raphael called as he pulled the cabinet door open and grabbed the bottle. He handed to Ivory first. "This won't kill me or knock me out will it?" He asked.

Ivory looked at the bottle... then frowned. "This doesn't have a label!" she shouted at the creature.

"Its a mild sedative and NSAID. He'll be fine. It is amazing you people can see anything with those low quality eyes." The creature shot back.

Raph growled and was about to walk over when he looked at Ivory and stopped himself. "You can talk about me all you want you fucking genetic defect... but leave her alone." He said in a low rumble. Ivory could see his fists clenched and his veins popping out of his forehead. A testament to how hard he was holding back.

"Raph." Ivory said firmly, opening the pill bottle and getting two of the pills inside. "Take these and lay down."

"I am going to enjoy the day I get to kill that thing over and over and over again..." He growled, turning around to look at Ivory and letting the anger wash away. "Alright... alright." He took the two capsules and popped them in his mouth, and swallowed. He then moved and sat back down on the bed. Moving so Ivory could sit next to him.

Ivory would end up sitting on a chair across from him, "What are you going to do about your mom's offer?"

"I don't know... I don't want to work for her. I want to go back to USO... But right now she isn't giving me much of a choice. Hell... she even started talking about finding me a proper Elysian wife..." He said with a sneer. "She didn't listen to the multiple times I said no... I will give that bitch one thing... She is persistent and driven as ever..." He replied. "She can't be reasoned with."

"I see... what happens if you continue to refuse?"

Raphael actually shuddered. Ivory had very seldom seen Raph truly scared, and despite his attempts to hide it, he was. "I don't know, and I would rather not find out what she has in store. I hope the guys hurry..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back