• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Adventures of the Tar'Vas Siblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Inactive Member
The pair stood there at the space port with their duffels set next to them. He was shifting and pulling at his clothes, trying to get them to wear right. She was standing there looking at the diffrent shuttles departures, trying to figure out how which one would get the siblings a bit further along their goal. "Stop fussing with your clothes, I know they aren't your uniform..." The female spoke as she decided and tugged her brother along to the launch pad that had the next shuttle.

"They itch and don't sit right.. I don't know how you all deal with these things." He complained as they walked. Their entire savings were in their bags in presious metals and the like. Anything they hoped they could use once they hope the magical invisable boarder between their home worlds and the rest of the universe. His left hand sat on his personal sword, eyeing each person as they drew close.

Even as they moved along, his sister smiled and shook her head, "We'll get you a proper new uniform once we get out of this space." she turned and winked at him, "Somehting that would make you look like a ship's commander." She giggled and pulled him towards the next shuttle. "Here we are." She said as they boarded and found some seats, "This will get us with in a few light years of the boarder."

undoing the top few clasps to his top, Zu'Rel nodded and whispered to himself as much as his sister, "That is the planet I heard rumors of alien traders." He had read a few reports on it before he had lost his security clearance becuse he didn't re-up his enlistment. But he still remembered the planets that were out on the edge, and the rumors. Shifting about he started futzing about with his shirt again, trying to make it sit right.

"Are you sure we can't put the duffels in storage?" Bar'Diel asked quietly, she was uncomfortable with her legs squeeshed between the seat and the bages. Her brother shook his head as his eyes drifted across the rest of the passangers. None of them seemed an issue, so he scrunched up in his seat and closed his eyes.

"If anyone comes to talk to us, or we arrive in system wake me... shouldn't take long." He shifted and continued to rest his hand on his sheathed sword that was wedged between the seats.

Sitting back into her seat, she looked out the window and thought about what they were doing and why. She was surpirsed by her brother that he would have been the one to speak up on the idea. He never seemed one who would ententualy go and seek out other races. She smiled as she glanced over at the wound up tight ball that was her brother. He had come to her one day after they had left the Gam'trosha and asked her what she thought on the concept of other peoples past the stars.

She had been excited to explore and find out. Had been an idea she had and thought she would have experinced on the Gam'trosha. Sadly though I'm the time she was aboard they say on a single planet and she just interviewed people.

As she watched the star go by she relaxed and thought of the excitement that was ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One FTL run later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they landed she woke her brother, who started at first grabbing the grip of his sword. It took him a few moments to realize where he was... The shuttle. After disembarking the pair wondered around the port looking for a ship that would take them out past the edge of the edge of their maps.

Reactions: Wes
At the space port an aged Ismâo'a - Class Ship sat on one the pads. The last of their cargo had been offloaded to be picked up by another ship to take to the Neshaten homeworld for the Embassy. The ship was called the Lamingoa'kas. The ship's engineer Remi Pilea was working on the port plasma drive. She stopped occasionally to look around at the alien world. 'Another batch of aliens for the Clan to interact with, not sure if that is a good thing or not. But at least it means more business for the ship.' she thought.

They stood there and watched tge engineer work for a few minutes before Bar'Diel nudged her brother to step forward. With a quiet growl he moved closer to the engineer, his hand gripping the the hilt of his sword tightly. Standing a whole 129 and a half centimeters, that last half was quite important, Zu'Rel spoke up in his native language. "We need passage, to any planet outside our kingdom's territory."

He pulled a small ingot of gold out to show the concept of payment. His right hand though never left his sword.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remi looked down at the two aliens who approached the ship. She noted they were both the same species, but one was male and the other was female. 'Perhaps a couple. The male seems to be in a protective stance. She listened to his request, and was once again grateful that she had uploaded their language by Iginâ Yoqa when the Tin-Ta'a accepted the contract to deliver goods. She put the spanner in her hand back into the toolkit and closed it. Since she was sitting on the cowling of the engine, she took hold of the kit and let herself drop to the ground. Remi landing in a crouch to absorb the momentum of her drop. She put the toolkit down and stood up.

She took a couple of steps towards the couple then stopped not wanting to spook the wary one. She was more than 50 cm's taller than the one who spoke.

"Be at ease Nes-aten." she said in Tinacen, holding one hand out with the palm facing up. "You and your Lady have no concern with us. We are not scum vermin." She considered his words for a moment before continuing. 'Need passage, to any planet. Curious to say the least. Might be a translation issue, or perhaps they are trying to get away from a familial situation. Best to ask for clarification.' She thought.

"We certainly have for room for the two of you aboard the Lamingoa'kas. But I am a bit curious. You need passage. Most folks speaking that way have a sense of urgency, but you say to Any planet outside of your people's territory. Do your families not approve of your relationship? Would it not be better for us to take you to a planet with people and a spaceport. Otherwise we could drop you on an uninhabited planet just outside of your space. Kindly clarify for me so I can explain your needs to the Ship's Commander."

Growling at the engineer, Zu'Rel eyed her for a moment, "Of coarse we need an habitable planet. And our relationship is none of your business!" He stared wondering if the tall feline's race traded intelligence for their unnatural height. His hand shifted on his sword's handle. Bar'Diel saw this and she stepped forward, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"What he means, in his gruff way is, we would like passage to a planet that has a large busy port, where we can find a ship yard or other ship sales yard." She winked at her brother and then smiled back at Remi. "We are Bar'Diel and Zu'Rel Tar'Vas." She curtsied, her brother just scowled. If he was going to survive out there he would have to get over the ingrained xenophobia.

"Can we move out of the open, I feel like everyone's eyes are on us." Zu'Rel frowned and glanced around,though there were a lot of people watching, he couldn't tell if they were looking because of who they were, or if it was their conversation with the alien.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remi refrained from laughing at Zu'Rel or cuffing him. She closed the uplifted hand into a clenched fist out of habit. Her left hand started towards her blade but she stopped.

"I've been growled at by bigger and scarier things than you Nesa-ten." she replied her voice dropping an octave. She then turned to the female. "Let us start with proper introductions. I am Remi Pilea the Ship's Engineer and second in command. If the two of your intend to survive out in the void. You need to quickly learn how things work. As I said, we are not scum vermin, WE have honor." She paused looking back as Zu'Rel. "Hence why I asked for clarification as to your needs. But there at least eight other space faring governments. that we have met with. And there are among them plenty of individuals who have no honor; who would gladly take your shiny bar of gold and everything else you own and sell you as slaves, or kill you."

She let her words hang in the air, "We can talk in the cargo hold if that will make you more comfortable. Although, he had best remove that hand from his sword. If you expect to do business." She retrieved the toolkit, and walked towards the ramp. "Which of you is Bar'diel, and Zu'Rel? Things have not started well, I would have things clear before we continue."

Following Remi in, Bar'Diel smiled at the same time giving her brother a glare, a great talent on her end. "I'm Bar'Diel, Please excuse my Zu'Rel, he's... a bit high strung... It was part of his job for so long." She paused stunned for a moment, "Eight others?" She asked almost surprised at it, she knew there were rumors, but that many? "I'm sure he'll keep us safe." She nodded as if that was something she had absolute faith in her brother's skills.

Her brother on the other hand forced his hand off the grip of the sword, moving it to rest loosely on the pommel of it. he looked around the port once more, letting his intelligence agency trained eyes study everything out there. Not seeing anything he followed his sister and the Feline into the transport. Even though he didn't see anything, didn't mean there wasn't anything out there. Controlled paranoia was something that was trained into him, and most likely would never leave him.

He wasn't sure of Remi, but at least he would be able to handle one or two of them in the transport, opposed to what might lurking out in the port area. Calmly he slid the gold ingot back into his pocket and looked around at the inside of the transport. It seemed that all cargo holds were the same across the board though out the stars.

As the two Neshaten passed into the cargo hold they would pass through an atmospheric shield. Once through the air in the cargo hold was very different from the air on the landing pad. It was clean and fresh, not unlike standing in a field of grass. In addition there was a soft sound not unlike that of a brook.

"Yes, there are eight recognized governments, that were present at an international conference our Emissary attended. There are others that we have heard mentioned of, but have not actually seen members of. Of course, being on the Lamingoa'kas we tend to travel to worlds we have permission. So that means for now, those of Yamatai and of course those of your people." Remi said watching the two aliens enter.

"If you are looking to purchase a ship of some sort, then you will need to book passage until we hit a Yamatai world. A Clan world would be fine to visit. But clan ship's are not currently available for purchase by non-clan members. It just so happens though that we will be picking up some cargo on Âmuar and taking it to Daichi. Would give you a chance to see one of our worlds before we head to the destination." Remi suggested.

Walking through the Atmosphere shield both of the siblings had different reactions. Bar'Del Looked around trying to find the stream and giggled with delight, her brother thought grabbed his sword and looked around wondering what just happened, He calmed quickly once he realized the internal atmosphere was designed to be like that, he relax and forced his hand away from the blade.

"This is absolutely marvelous!" Bar'Del squealed in delight, sniffing and listening to the environment. She was only pulled back when she realized Remi was talking to them again. "Yes we would like to purchase a ship of our own. And of coarse we would love to see one of your worlds. We kind of exploring the stars and this would be a great way to start off. Uh Zu'Rel?"

Zu'Rel just grunted and continued looking around studying the ship's cargo hold and wondering what all was in the different crates and containers.

Remi smiled at the two Neshatens. "Our atmospheric systems are organic in nature. It provides a better quality and does not have the chemical or sterile smell some systems have. As for the sounds you hear, those are part of the system. Since our arrival here in this region of space, my people have spent most of their time on ships or other artificial structures. But we came from a world that was very much alive. The absence of background noise was found to have decreased our people's efficiency and mindset. You will find all of the public areas have sounds to give the impression that you are not in a ship, or not in space. It is very pleasant to be in the dining room and hear the gentle rumble of thunder. Or the rustle of leaves in the wind."

She noticed Zu's attention. "These crates and contains are supplies for the ship and crew. Food stuff, supplies for planet site. Spare parts. The Lamingoa'kas is an old ship and is in good shape. But she still requires maintenance. Do you two have any skills with ships or ground action. Perhaps we could reduce your travel fair in exchange for work."

"I was military... for a long while. I can function as security for you. though I can also work a computer, or work first aid...." Zu'Rel responded still looking over the crates. "If any of those will help out here, my services are yours. Bar'Del is a trained counselor... our culture's way of helping with mental problems."

Nodding Bar'Del smiled. "I'm not sure what kind of help that will give you, I don't know much about your culture's psychology. Though I can fight, I was in the military for a short bit, it is basic, just stuff to make it out of basic training.... But I guess I can help with that."

Remi listened to the two aliens. She considered the skills that they possessed. Then she connected to the ship's brain by her communicator to relay a message to the Tin-Ta'a. After receiving a reply she spoke. "While I am sure those are useful skills. Hopefully we will not get into any situations where fighting is necessary. But if it should happen, then we will ask for your assistance. However, I do believe there is something you can do of a non-technical nature. We will be making more runs up this way. So how do you feel about doing some consulting work. Not many of our folks have been up this way, so its an unclear market. Having access to the two of you, can give us insight into what your people like. Food, clothing, tools, artwork are all possible commodities we could bring up. Likewise, you could give us insight into what the Neshaten have that we could purchase and take back for a profit "

Bar'Del nodded and grinned. "I'm sure we can help you all with that. We'll of coarse will be needing things from the home worlds, and maybe someone to bring back word to our families from time to time." She looked at her brother who wasn't so sure about handing out information. It was counter to the universe he was trained to live in. In the end though he nodded, still with a frown on his face at the idea, but he would help out to get them a step further on the adventure they had chosen to dedicate their lives to.

"If that is the case, how much will it cost to travel with you and your captain?" Zu'Rel asked.

Remi, "Well, that depends on how far you wish to travel. But if you agree to consult and provide us with information about products your people like, and things that they make. We can probably call it an even exchange. You get transportation to the port of your choosing. We get information that will improve the profitability or our future runs to Nes-aten space. Our next destination is going to be several wormholes to get there. We'll transfer our cargo there. Then we head to Amatai space."

With a smile on her face Bar'Del nodded, "That will be grand!" she sounded just as excited as she looked, her brother on the other hand still seemed a bit tense. Zur'el nodded to, but stayed quiet. "When can we see your captain?" Bar'Del chimed again as she lowered her bad to the deck and looked around fascinated by the alien ship. She was now in full space explorer mode.

Remi sent a mental query to the ship's brain Safti via her implant. "Sar Ketoar, is currently taking care of some final business. He should be returning to the ship shortly. Why don't we get you two rooms so that you can put your personal affects in them. Once he returns I'll take you to him. I will also inform Safti that you are to be given limited access to ship systems. But once you have your gear stowed I will give you a quick tour of the ship."

While his sister smiled and nodded, Zur'el was a bit concerned, he didn't like the fact they were to be separated on this alien vessel. He figured they could be trusted to get them to where they wanted to go, but the idea of them bunking the siblings apart worried him quite a bit. He frowned and let his sister talk, cause he figured she would just growl at him to stop worrying.

Bar'Del though had a lot of the same thoughts though she was less concerned if their cabins were near to each other. "That would be great. I would love to see all your ship has to offer." She shifted her bag to her other shoulder and made ready to follow Remi

Remi smiled, "Then best be moving then." she turned and led the two Neshaten to the stairs which lead to the upper deck. She quickly ascended the spiral stair case. When they caught up with her she pointed to a door forward of their position. "That is the dining area. There is a chime that signals that the meals are ready. You can eat there or take it back to your quarters. Or the lounge on the lower deck. However, wherever you eat, you are responsible for bringing your dirty stuff to back to the galley."

She crossed the space to a door that faced the dining area. "This cabin is currently unoccupied." She pressed the door control and the segmented door slid out of the way. "As you can see it is a Two Person Room. As you can see it has two beds, two cabinets for storing your stuff. This is standard for all crew and passengers. Only the senior crew get private rooms. " She then turned and pointed to a door near the dining room. "That leads to the hand washing room. The door beyond that is the communal bathing facility. Although each shower and commode are private. You can adjust your lighting in your cabin to suit your needs. You can also control the sounds of life we spoke about earlier. Lighting in the public areas follows a Diurnal cycle. Any questions?"

Looking around in the cabin Zu'Rel spoke up for the first time is a bit, "Do you have food that have been proved to be fine for our race?" He asked a bit sternly, not really meaning to be, but he was concerned for his sister. She on the other hand was poking about the room, listening to the different sound the room was making.

"It is so strange! Remi, Does all of you ships make such lovely sounds? Or is this just something you and your captain set up to make you guys feel less homesick. Or was this something you and your people came up with for the long trips between systems?" A note pad slid out of her pants pocket, along with a pen, notes were being scribbled down. Her innate need to be a psychologist was slipping out as she questioned about how the sounds effected their peoples.

Remi looked at her datapad and then to Zu'Rel. "According to the data provided our standard food is safe for Neshaten consumption. Other items such as alcohol are to be approached cautiously. So you there should be no problem, of course some individuals have varying tolerances. So if anything you eat causes distress. Our medic will be available to assist." She said with a smile.

She then turned to Bar'del. "All space structures such as starships, or space stations are equipped with the sounds of life. Even before the Norka our people learned the benefit of the system to maintaining good mental health and performance. The exact sounds that are portrayed are a matter of preference. The brain selected them from those available. Crew members can add to the library. I presume that given that your folks are nocturnal the kinds of sounds you might prefer would be somewhat different. But the system does have day and night selections."

Remi looked at her datapad. "The Commander has returned. So if you wish, I can take you to him."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back