• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
"You told me that nothing would go wrong! That we had enough crew, and you had run tests and simulations for every eventuality!" Arild was not shouting, but his voice was cold and furious.

"Captain, we had all the crew we needed, the engineers where all here, not necessarily competent, but all here. And I had run simulations, however something unexpected came up. Someone had hacked into my systems, and messed around with my sensor systems, my self-diagnostic systems, my simulation systems, most of my systems really, and set up a failure of the power control systems, resulting in a ship wide overload. Someone had managed to interface with me and manipulated a loop hole. It has now been repaired." The AI replied in the form of a young businessman, impeccably dressed

"Do you have any idea who did it?"

"I found a single note in a sub-file while I was fixing them. It reads

"Revenge is sweet don't you think? This is a warning, stop existing or you can expect retaliation to be fatal.

and it's signed by one William Baker. His computing skills are highly advanced and the damage complicated, but I've repaired all the damage, and developed sub-routines that will prevent such a manipulation of the AI to occur again." A surprisingly subdued Ephesus answered, his hair combed, and his goggles no where in sight?

"Have you heard of this 'William Baker' Elysian? The Captain spat.

"I am Ephesus, not Elysian. And yes, he was once NovaCorp's head of security before he tried to take the company over and was stopped by a mercenary Hiro Saromi and his gang. He was killed."

"But yet he's back now and trying to destroy the ship. As my head of science, what do you suggest we do, Elysian scum?"

"I suggest a complete scan of the ship down to the genetic level. Place all those sensitive to such sensors will be kept in scan proof chambers. We will hopefully find him." Ephesus answered massaging his temples "I have repaired the damage to the power system, our engineers where not quite as competent as I would have liked, but I made use of the construction drones to fix it. I tried to improve on my original design to make such actions less likely in the future. Other than that I'm fresh out without resorting to extreme measures."

"AI, begin the scan as this Elysian said, also confine everyone to quarters. Anyone out of quarters, restrain them." Arild took a letter opener and imbedded it in his desk. "And once we find him, we will kill him. Slowly. He has caused 5 deaths already, and hundreds will be in medical care for weeks. I do not like having my crew die."

After he had dismissed Ephesus and the AI Arild sat back in his chair and thought about what had happened. He knew that it was not any mistake on his part that had caused the accident, he could not have done anything differently, and with the damage to the AI no one would have detected it.

Still he felt somewhat responsible. It was something he had learnt as a captain, no matter what happened to the ship it felt like his fault. He sighed deeply, it was time to face the consequences of the accident. "AI send a message to the head of engineering and the liaison to NovaCorp personnel to meet me here at there nearest convenience. They can bring anyone they think is important to be their, or they want to bring."

(In Tanjo's house)

"M/C1 Tanjo Shen, the Captain calls for you to his office at his earliest convenience, I think you can work out what that means. I presume it's about what happened on the ship. You can bring anyone you need." The AI spoke out of a terminal in the wall.

"Yes AI, I know about the event. The damn AG malfunctioned and I was stuck in the middle of the room, floating, for half an hour. I'll be their as soon as I can. I'll just get my assistant." Tanjo finished rubbing his shoulder which he had landed on when he fell after the AG turned back on.

He opened up a communication with Apesaels accommodation.

(In Apesael's apartment)

"Apesael? You there boy?"

Apesael heard the voice through a groggy head and drifted back to the land of the living (AKA awake). He was in the unfortunate position of being trapped underneath his upturned bed with the wardrobe lying on top of it. His AG had also malfunctioned, but more chaotically, with objects flying around, and after being hit with the wardrobe he had lost consciousness. He felt sore all over, as if he'd been soundly battered by an assortment of sleeping implements, which he had.

"Here sir," He groaned "Just recovering from whatever happened, what was it?"

"Power fluctuations. Thousands are injured, there's damage all over the ship. And the Captain wants to speak to me, and you're coming too."

Apesael groaned again "Alright sir, meet you at your house in fifteen minutes." He dragged himself painfully out from under the bed, and stumbled across his apartment, pulling on some clothes, muscles opposing his every move. He walked over to the cabinets and opened them randomly until he found the one with the painkillers in them, and took enough to ensure that eventually the pain would go. Hopefully.

He stumbled to the lift, and took it down to the ground floor. More groaning as the lift juddered a lot, obviously damaged in the power fluctuations, each jolt feeling like a jack-hammer to his head.

He walked slowly to Tanjo's house, which he picked out using his wrist computer. He knocked on the door, only to find it opened almost instantly by an energetic Tanjo.

"Apesael my boy," He slapped Apesael on the shoulder, casing a serious flinch "Your not looking to well."

"I'm fine sir, just a little sore". Liar, his mind told him.

"Good good. Let's hurry, the Captain won't wait all day." Tanjo began to walk briskly towards the Captain Lodge, almost half a mile away. Apesael groaned again, and limped after him at full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back