• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Character Ai Kazuo

Ai Kazuo

Inactive Member
Name: Ai Kazuo

General Information
Species: Geshrin

Family/Creators: PNUgen/surrogate mother (Ai Miho)

Faction: Yamatai Star Army
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics
Height: 6'1" (1.8542m)
Weight: 157 lbs. (71.21kg)
Measurements:

Build and Skin Color: Lean and muscular with a normal fleshy skin tone.
Face and Eye Color: Oval-shaped with a strong jaw and defined cheekbones. Commanding, yet calm hazel eyes.
Hair color and Style: Short and spiky, brown hair.

Distinguishing Features: Perpetual five o'clock shadow.

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: Ai Kazuo is usually a very calm and complacent man that is known for being quite forward with his opinions on any situation. Sometimes, he loses himself in thought and detaches himself from the happenings around him. He tends to his patients with a zeal that only a doctor could have. He hounds after women he finds attractive in any attempt to 'get with them.' He is a smoker always seen with a cigarette in his mouth when not tending to a patient or in surgery.

Likes: Healing the sick and wounded. Attractive women. Smoking.
Dislikes: The 'vulgarity' of the war. Death, pain, and disease.
Goals: To aid every wounded soul in the universe, no exceptions.

History
Ai Kazuo was the the result of the PNUgen projects and artificial insemination. He holds no real connection with the woman that gave birth to him, Ai Miho, because he feels she was just a victim in an experiment and not a woman capable of loving a child; the only keepsake he received from his birth family was his name. Kazuo, though raised by his surrogate mother, detached himself from her and her family as a child and spent his time studying. With the war beginning to rage, he began to find himself disgusted by the vulgarity of the conflict between the two powers. As he aged, his disgust grew into an uneasy compassion, for he realized that so many were dying in order to fight this 'pointless' war. Thus, he began to study medical sciences in order to bring aid to the wounded, sick, and dying. He reasoned with himself that he was rebelling against the war, and the death and pain it brought, by preserving life and healing the wounded. The stress, however, took its toll on him, and he took up the habit of smoking cigarettes. Fresh out of his studies, Kazuo embarked into the war in order that he may heal the wounds it had caused.

Skills:
Communication: Kazuo is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Kazuo is fluent in English. He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.

Fighting and Physical: Kazuo received hand-to-hand combat training by way of loading all the necessary related knowledge into his memory, and then following up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.

Information Technology: Kazuo is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics: Kazuo received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

Medical and Science: Kazuo received the standard training in medical sciences and technology that befit the standards of a doctor in the Yamatai Star Army

Biology: Kazuo has an extensive knowledge of human and neko anatomy and biology in order to administer the proper treatments and surgeries for his patients.

Psychology: Kazuo studied basic clinical psychology in order to understand the human thought process as well as aid his patients' mental health alongside their physical well-being.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Good, though some of the motivations he has are a bit confusing. He wants to rebel against the war itself, by being in the Star Army? He could always be a civilian doctor. The tradeoff being of course YSA hospitals would probably have a majority of military doctors. His reasons for joining then could make sense that he wants to help them right away, and such. It's just leaves a feeling of conflict even if he seems to think he's doing the right thing. I think it could be left at that, I'm sure he'd be challenged against that opinion. It would be interesting.

Finally, if he took a name it probably should have been Miho for a last name. Miho or Ai are both proper female given names in Japanese.

Welcome to Star Army. ^^

My point was the he is conflicted, hence his smoking habit. He simply uses the YSA as a medium to get to those who need him most. And Ai is a proper surname.

Thank you for the welcome! ^_^

Riight, even though listing/saying the surname first is typical in Japan, and you could introduce yourself as such in an RP, we normally do a given, and then surname to avoid confusion in this section from what I've noticed. Now the name makes much more sense. I'm not even sure why we have smoking..anyway, I would expect his unresolved state of mind to be a constant theme, from reading this~

We might have another candidate for junior officership here. (Since he's a medic.) Wes?

Let's get Thad to look at the history, etc.

We might have another candidate for junior officership here. (Since he's a medic.) Wes?
Nah, he's a medic. They start at Santo Hei, but can go all the way up the rank chain without having to retrain as another occupation like most soliders would.

I'm not sure how exactly PNUgen was involved or why, so if you oculd elaborate a bit, I'd appreciate it. The main thing that irked me, though, was the fact he's a Geshrin that smokes. Smoking is banned on Yamatai (often enforced by the PANTHEON system keeping cigarettes from lighting) and is considered by Yamataians to be vulgar and disgusting. Any cigs he'd have would have to have been illegally imported from other planets. Also, don't expect any Yamatai-raised commander or neko to let him smoke on their starship, either. Just wanted to let you know in advance, reactions are going to be pretty nasty.

Ai Kazuo said:
Okay, so I don't understand the whole outlawing cigarettes thing, nor would I have made the character as such if it was expressed in the rules that a Geshrin couldn't do such a thing. So, I was wondering if drinking or some other vice is available to me as it befits my character to have such a flaw. But, your rule is law, so I must heed it.

Secondly, the PNUgen idea was that they performed some genetic experiments on an unborn fetus because that is the focal point of genetic construction in the growth and development of a human being. Thus, Ai Kazuo is born.

But, whatever...
Making him an alcoholic would be fine.

Again, we miss you. Where have you disappeared to?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back