• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Akamaru Datenshi

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
Name: Akamaru Datenshi

General Information

Species: NH-29

Family / Creators: Ketsurui Zaibatsu.

Employer: star army
Current Assignment: None

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110 lbs
Bra Size: C cup

Build and Skin Colour: She has the natural athletic build most nekos come with, her body a deep bronzed color.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Her eyes are a deep dark black color, which are framed by a face that seems to have a feral or mischevious look plastered on it
Hair Colour and Style: Her hair is red, done into a long ponytail that nearly reaches her legs, which first comes up to a point behind her head.

Distinguishing Features: None to date.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Datenshi isn't tough to figure out. She says what she wants and usually tries to get what she wants. She is usually very competetive, and absolutely hates to lose. She also has a little problem with playing pranks, which often lead her to trouble, but finds the gag of the joke to be worth the punishment. This is all off duty of course. When on duty, she is a serious woman, ready to do her job without question most of the time. She seems to take pride in her work as well, which often enough leads her to her off-duty activities, as if the way she carries out her duties, deserves the release she enacts.

Likes: Pranks, Rock, Dancing, Drinking, Night activities, Guitars, Fighting, Winning, Her job.
Dislikes: Losing, Pranks gone wrong, Bad dance Partners,
Goals: To survive her military service, and maybe get somewhere in life.

History

Datenshi has had a life filled with teachers, classmates, and flings. The girl would have been let out of the academy sooner, would she have not been such a prankster. She doesn't have any serious marks on her record though, as she seems to know where the line is. Since her release from the academy, she has been training and waiting for her assignment.

Skills

Communications:: Datenshi is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other personel through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Datenshi is fluent in English and Japanese. She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.

Fighting:: Datenshi received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor. She also has a small fascination with firearms, and is rather skilled with many forms of them. She also receieved a little training with martial arts, but not much.

Technology Operation:: Datenshi is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics:: Datenshi received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

Maintenance and Repair:: Figuring it would be best to learn it, Datenshi has picked up some maintenance skills to be able to take care of her Mindy. While she is not as skilled as technicians, she is able to make most basic repairs to her Mindy, and some of the more skilled repairs. But if to extensive, she would need to rely on the mechanics.

Entertainment:: Since she has it, she had to learn to use her guitar. She is pretty good with her guitar, able to play anything from rock, to softer acustic songs. She can also sing along with her guitar, though most of what she sings is for the softer songs.

Rogue: Being the trickster she is, Datenshi has a natural skill in this area. Often enough she resorts to pick-pocketing something, hiding it, then turning it up int he most often of places. She also uses her lock picking talent to break into rooms to set up gags in there. But no matter what, she has never used her skills for ill gain.

Re: Akamaru Ashura

I'm not sure where you're going with this one, but I'll give you an overview of what I think about it.

JoMidori said:
Name: Akamaru Ashura

Um, okay. Did you really have to use a goddess' name?

Species: NH-27

Family / Creators: Ketsurui

*nods head slowly* Okay... a NH-27 again? Why go for the overpowered neko character instead of a NH-29? There's nothing in the rest of the bio which wouldn't support your character just being a NH-29. NH-27, I feel, would be generally created for a special purpose like being a special agent (read: SAINT) or being part of some elite unit like the Ketsurui Samurai. As you are familliar with one of those, perhaps you should just not make her a NH-27 for a change?

Her age would support that, actually. Creators should probably be listed as 'Ketsurui Zaibatsu' too. ^_^;

Increasing the age of the character to 2-3 might be a good idea if you select the SAINT agent idea.

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs
Bra Size: D cup

Build and Skin color: She has the natural athletic build most nekos come with, her body a deep bronzed color.
Facial Features and Eye color: Her eyes are a deep dark black color, which are framed by a face that seems to have a feral or mischevious look plastered on it
Hair color and Style: Her hair is red, done into a long ponytail that nearly reaches her legs, which first comes up to a point behind her head.

Distinguishing Features: Her tail, which is prehensile.

Gwahh! Another amazon? She's tall and extremely busty. Not to mention her coloration is rather unique. Nekos have a chart listing their likely coloration - keep in mind that normal is a good thing in nekovalkyrja culture. Therefore, I have to encourage you to use restraint considering your character's bra-size and coloration for te sake of keeping what is supposed to be normal amongst nekos, well, normal. Same goes for breasts: B would be normal and C would be large for nekos. D is perhaps going overboard.

Having really long hair is not a good idea for a person whom would regularly pilot power armors, considering the helmet you have to stuff it into - and sometimes with time constraints.

Personality:
Ashura isn't tough to figure out. She says what she wants and usually tries to get what she wants. She is usually very competetive, and absolutely hates to lose. She also has a little problem with playing pranks, which often lead her to trouble, but finds the gag of the joke to be worth the punishment. At times, she often conveys her emotions through her tail as well.

Likes: Pranks, Rock, Dancing, Drinking, Night activities, Guitars, Fighting, Winning
Dislikes: Losing, Pranks gone wrong, Bad dance Partners,
Goals: To survive her military service, and maybe get somewhere in life.

Having a tail is very, very wrong. How do you suppose getting in your power armor with it not able to fit anywhere? Not to mention just plain sitting on chairs, or even SPINE interfaces? (it should bear in mind that from this point on, NH-27 nekos can probably adapt themselves to work with the SPINE interface, so, they wouldn't have SLICS).

No problems aside from that, however, I'd urge you to read up and try to follow the advice given on this page. It should explain, if anything, what being a soldier is about.

History

Ashura has had a life filled with teachers, classmates, and flings. The girl would have been let out of the academy sooner, would she have not been such a prankster. She doesn't have any serious marks on her record though, as she seems to know where the line is. Since her release from the academy, she has been training and waiting for her assignment.

Bland, but somewhat okay. A bit off considering I wouldn't be expecting a NH-27 to follow up with a normal Star Army Carreer - it'd totally go with NH-29s though.

If you want to keep the NH-27, you could (I don't recommend it) go for being a SAINT operative, this could justify your Rogue skill. Perhaps 'Maintenance and Repair' could be part of what the character had to learn for a undercover ops somewhere? I'm not sure how warm Wes is to the SAINT agent idea, but I've seen it done with players before, so, you might e able to as well *gives you a shifty look*

Well, I went through four different first names, from Datenshi, to Akuma, to Oni, to Ashura. Ashura litterally translates to Asura, which is a fighting demon. Atleast, that is what the translation site gave me.

I may consider being a SAINT operative, or maybe switch her to a NH-29, not to sure just yet. My original idea behind using the NH-27 model, was for her to be able to pilot the Mindy, and not the Sylph. But ehh, I may change it.

I toned down the size and such, you were right I got to many of them. But I like tall girls so sue me <_<.

The only thing that really stands out in her coloration would be the red hair. She has Bronze skin which is more or less brown, just tanned, and black eyes, both of which are common, if not very common in nekos. The tail...well that just went with her mischevious nature really. But if anyone else brings it up I will take it out.

The long hair was just a first idea, I am open to suggestions for her hair because honestly I got no idea for a good style *shrug*

The NH-27 being a normal star army occupation was ok'ed by Wes, I spoke with him about it last night when I wrote her up.

Anyways, if there are enough complaints, I will change her to a NH-29 model, instead of a NH-27.

Edit: I went ahead and said screw it, and changed the name back to Datenshi.

Not complaints so much as recommendation, Tiff. I see that character and I feel like you're doing the equivalent of throwing ingredients in a big cauldron on a whim with the impression that throwing breadcrumbs, sliced pineapple cubes, Cherios cereals and soya sauce will make for good soup.

So, my post above is poking you in the eye so that you give your character one good look and stop thinking about how to make her cool and instead go for thinking about how you're actually going to play her. It sort of feels lke you're trying to make her special too even before she ends up being actually roleplayed. Unique looks okay to me, but I think you should avoid being created special and becoming special instead.

Oi, don't forget to change the name of the post's topic -- it still says Ashura.

1. NH-27 ... *shrugs* Okay, but it doesn't flow with being a regular soldier -- she needs to have either the occupation (as Fred said) or bumped in rank accordingly.

2. Proportion changes look good.

3. I would argue an atheletic build excludes a C-cup, but she probably binds them or something, neh?

4. The tail ... there's no precedence for it, Tiff. As nice as it sounds, it really shouldn't be there. Wes or Yangfan, could we get a ruling on this part, please?

5. ^ Her hair's very interesting. I don't really see a problem with it ... I know what it's going for, but still, what the hell.

6. Her personality, as Fred suggested, isn't very soldier-like. I would let it slide ... but a bit more militaristic would be nice to see.

7. History's okay -- for an NH-29 soldier, not an NH-27. Fred's bang on about that.

Basically, Fred's post above says the rest. Create a special character through interaction, not bio. She'll be much more appreciated that way.

Very early nekovalkyrjas could have tails, I think. The late yamataian medic Sakura Taji had a tail from her early days as a neko fighting over at Ayenee that she kept when she transfered to a NH-17S body and then to a Yamataian body because she wanted to keep it, but having it made into newly built nekos would be an oddity at best and non desirable (seeing how nekos characters are encouraged to have common traits).

I still find the name wierd... but maybe that's just me.

Right ok! Taking your suggestions, I tweaked the bio even more.

She is now a NH-29, and I chopped off her tail *Looks over at the twitching tail.*

I also added in more to her personality, which explains why she is a prankster off duty. I like the name, and yea doshii, her chest will be bound (I usually do that with my bustier characters)

Anything else you all see?

Darn it, wait.

There's nomenclature that's off: the character's name keep changing throughout the character sheet. Other than that, it's okay (okay as in I'm hoping you'll improve the history overtime once your character has been played and more fleshed out).

Ok, changed the names to be correct, and yes fred I will keep it up to date, just as I am going to do for Jo when I wake up. For now, it's time to head to bed and try to take care of Christen. Night all!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back