• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF Akuro III Launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Ascendancy Construction Yard

“Hotaru, this is a joke right? We just got done finalizing the KAMI’s installation; she hasn’t even passed her space trials yet.” The on duty shipyard manager said, blinking in disbelief as she tried to clean up the coffee she spilt on the table.

“Motoyoshi-sama orders that her ship be prepared for immediate launch. If you are unable to comply I will have a team of Blackcoats dispatched to help you comply.” Hotaru said, the sweetness fading from her voice.

“Fine…” the Yamataian responded sharply, heading towards one of the consoles in the control pod. Tapping a few controls she issued orders to the KFY and MFY technicians onboard the behemoth Super Flagship; ordering them for immediate departure.

The orbital construction facility uncoupled, its massive frames separating at the connection points.

“External Power Disconnected...Standby – Cold Start Sequence Initiated.”

Tara stared out the pod’s viewport at Ascendancy, a few seconds passed and she was beginning to get worried. Onboard the Ascendancy her Quantum Foam Generators activated, energizing the ship’s capacitors.

“Power Grid Energizing….”

The exterior lights on the Ascendancy’s hull activated, illuminating the markings on its hull.

Tara grabbed her datapad and headed down the ramp and to the lift to Ascendancy’s bridge. The ship’s interior’s lights came on a few seconds after the lift doors opened.

“Good Morning Ascendancy.” Tara said, walking up the stairs of the central platform. “Seems we are going to have to skip your final trials, prepare launch check list and begin readout of systems diagnostic.”

Some time later…

The massive ship dwarfed every ship in the fleet, her gravimetric engines bringing her out from the yard behind one of Jiyuu’s moons.

The Construction module still attached to her dorsal hull, and the rest of her systems coming fully online -- She was not ready, but she would be soon.

Re: [Fleet Operation] Nami no Seigi: Bizankro

Caine, recieving the communication through his Sarah, he connected to Rina-Shosho from the alpha armor bay of the Hotaru. "Yes Shosho? What do you need?" he asked briskly but respectfully. He shifted in his red and black armor as he spoke through the communications system, having not expected to hear from the woman.

"You and the seventeenth are to transfer to the YSS Akuro III within three hours. I'm also granting you access to the armories to retrieve any power armor weapons or modules you may need. So I suggest you round up your wing, get your things and get to the Akuro III double time Taii." Rina replied as she walked down the corridors of Hotaru towards her ship.

YSS Akuro III
5th Expeditionary Staging Area

“Ready for Construction Pod disconnect, Akuro III is ready for solo operation.” Tara said communicating from the Flagship’s bridge to her technician crew in the pod. A few moments later they responded, “MFY Construction Pod One Disengaging…” The massive yellow and black pod released its clamps on the Ascendancy Class ship’s hull.

“All MFY finalization teams report….”
Tara announced ship-wide, while checking off items on the long list of things they had to finish prior to the ship being turned over to the fleet.

“Engineering team two here; life support below deck thirty is still offline – Estimated time of resolution is twenty minutes.”

“Engineering team six....offensive and defensive systems show green. Moving on to KAMI core check.”

Two Hours Later…

“All MFY teams report to Bay One and prepare to disembark. We are finished here…”
Tara hopped out of the command chair and headed towards the rear lift of the bridge, stopping for a moment to look back at the ship she had spent time with since it was only frame sections. She let out a sigh, Don’t get yourself damage too badly, it would be a shame to have a ship so new, meet an early fate. The lift doors closed and Tara headed towards the Multipurpose Bay to meet up with the rest of her teams,

The forward command lift on the bridge opened, alone Motoyoshi Katsuko emerged onto the bridge of her newest ship, and she released the backpack of personal effects from her back and tossed it off to the side, heading towards the central platform. Her fingers danced over the smooth edges of one of the control panels as she thought to herself. What an amazing ship….

“I am…” Said Akuro, emerging from the other side of the platform. Akuro was unique, like most AI embodied Nekos in the fleet. She had purple translucent hair with black eyes with gold star-shaped pupils. Her skin was pale but glistened, giving off a nearly metallic look.

Katsuko smiled, “I see they uploaded the personality I selected….” She examined the body she designed, seeing it now for the first time in the flesh. She felt like she was a mother, checking over her child for any imperfections.

“Not long until your briefing, I am sure we should go over the details.” Akuro said cheerfully, following Katsuko as she walked up the stairs and onto the upper platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back