• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Alex] A meeting with a CEO

Toshiro

(OOC: May be relocated depending on various things, placed here at request of Moonie.)

Alex was 'home' for the moment, working with her uncle and younger brother in their uncle's bike shop. The shop was a small but popular place known for its fine work, simply named 'Burning's Custom Bikes'. A Norris T1 Tank with buzzsaws was parked around back, and there were racks around the front for locking up airbikes as well as more conventional ones.

The young man manning the counter behind the bullet-proof transparent durandium with tiny holes for speaking was Alex' younger brother Ken, who shared his sister's brown hair and emerald green eyes. Alex and her uncle, meanwhile, were assembling a custom airbike in the back. Alex' uncle Bill was a tall man with a leather jacket, sunglasses, and a beard; one who could be mistaken for having some ID-SOL in him as tall and hulking as he was.

Bill had in no way agreed with Erika's Mother's choices and opened his home to the pair of siblings. He adored his tomboy niece in particular, never able to have a daughter of his own. Alex was perhaps the only true proof that the ID-SOL gene hadn't leaked into the family genome. Alex and Ken worked toward the ability to get their own places, while pulling their weight for their Uncle's shop. Alex was home less often, having her own ship and business, but shipped in when she was around while also doing the business' shipping.

The front and back of the shop were separated by a heavy metal door decorated with posters of cycling, much like the rest of the shop. Shelves held display examples of stock, along with a readout of prices fed from a database in the computer system. The display examples were chained to the shelves so they could be picked up and inspected, but not stolen readily. If anyone got too belligerent though, There was the ability to gas sections of the store. Bill had been stolen from once and taken a round to the side when taking the jerk down, so he had installed protective measures once his niece and nephew started working. Of course, the trusty old GP-12 and Zen Arms .45 still held their hidden places place of honor just in case.

From outside of Burning's Custom Bikes, an unfamiliar vehicle pulled up to the brackish asphalt curb on the opposing end of the street. The vehicle itself stood out a bit; a pristine pearl-white sports vehicle, an uncommon sight for the lower rungs of Funky City where poverty was more prevalent and the cars much less clean. As the vehicle came to a stop, the driver immediately opened his door before hurriedly walking over to the passenger-side of the back seat. The man was dressed to drive, similar to the look a valet, but a bit different. From his mannerisms and the way he drove and operated the car for the passengers, a valet was not too farfetched a guess.

After the man had opened the door, another Nepleslian emerged from the confines of the vehicle. Dressed in noticeably professional attire, the tall, dark-haired Nepleslian took a quick sideways glance at the bike shop on the other end of the street, adjusting his business jacket and forest-green silk tie as he turned towards the valet.

"Do you need me to wait outside, Mr. Vinross Yu?" The aging valet asked in a humble, oddly appreciative tone as the businessman drew an arm up and glanced at a watch on his wrist.

"No, it's fine," Laj Vinross Yu replied with a smile as the valet handed him a black briefcase. "Around the block a few times, then,?" The valet asked again, perhaps confused by Laj's answer. Laj Vinross Yu shook his head in reply, giving a short chuckle. "No, I think you're alright to head home. I'm not sure how long I will be here. If I need a ride, I'll just arrange a company vehicle. I appreciate you letting me ride in this one, though," the CEO said casually, running his fingers lightly over the white roof of the car. His older valet nodded back in similar appreciation for the compliment, the two exchanging a short handshake before he got back into the vehicle and left Laj on the curb.

A brisk jaunt across the street later, Laj Vinross Yu entered the front of the store with a confidant smile, letting the door close behind him as he approached the young man behind the counter. "Evenin'," Laj greeted the boy, his eyes rising from him towards the area behind the counter, as though looking for others present in the shop aside from the young man before him. "I'm looking for a young lady named Alex. Alex Burning. Is she in right now?"

The young man gave the VIP a confused look, one of light suspicion as he looked behind before pushing a button which communicated with the back.

"Hey sis, some suit's here to see you. Looks like a V.I.P. I don't think we have any standing orders out for this particular man. Can you come out here?" A response was prompt.

"Sure, Bro. Be right out."

After some time to wash her hands, Alex stepped out from the back. The shapely brunette had been working, wearing a pair of work overalls which had been radically altered to fit her frame. She looked a bit puzzled at the man. Sure, she liked a good-looking guy, but she wasn't sure who he was.

"Hi, there. I'm Alex Burning. Who might you be, sir?" She asked, in a polite way. Her brother still viewed the man carefully, wondering what he wanted to do with his big sister.

The tall and dark Nepleslian man smiled warmly at Alex's appearance, straightening up slightly as she approached the front desk of the small, unremarkable Funky City store. "Good evening Ms. Burning. I am Laj Vinross Yu, CEO of Vinross Yu-Cranker Materials," Laj introduced himself with a simple nodding gesture, shifting the weight of the briefcase in his hand a bit as he went on.

"We exchanged messages earlier this week, about the acquisition of some product you stumbled upon. I know that it may be a bit unorthodox, the CEO of the company showing up at your office," Laj continued on, waving his free hand out to gesture at the shop as a whole, he smile growing ever-wider. "But I have come to discuss reimbursing you for your time and effort in returning our products to us, accounted for and in good condition. You were in no way obligated to, and I wanted to make sure you know that not only the company, but I personally, appreciate it."

"So, do you have a moment?" Laj said, giving Alex's attire a quick once over, no doubt noticing her disheveled appearance. "Or have I come at a bad time."

"Oh, no, I'll just go clean up and change clothes, after telling Uncle Bill I've had stuff come up. I was just helping out a bit today. This is business, after all. Back in five!" Alex said, looking over the man's attire. Her younger sibling gave a light sigh. Hopefully it'd stay just business.

Alex returned after perhaps five minutes, wearing her regular outfit. This included shoes, jeans, jacket, and an overly-strained white shirt with a green stripe. She wasn't sure if it was up to par for negotiations with a VIP or not, honestly. It wasn't like she knew what he had planned.

"Sorry, wouldn't want to shake your hand while I was covered in oil and grease." She said, extending a hand.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back