• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Alexis Morwind Plot Transfer to YSS Hearbreaker

Okay, it's good that you tagged Ed, it looks like they were involved with the Vekimen which could help explain a lot of what you were doing, and how you would wind up with the Heartbreaker. I think @ArsenicJohn might also be able to make sure I'm understanding things correctly.

The general plot seems to be that some NMX showed up in the Jun System, the Orochi fought them, and Alexis was a prisoner on one of the NMX ships along with some Vekimen. Strange coincidence, since the Heartbreaker was originally found in the Splorfin system nearby. My first question would have to be, how did Alexis wind up a prisoner on that ship? And how did the Vekimen wind up there? Were the Vekimen brought all the way there from the UX systems area? Before or after the Vekimen Colony Station was attacked? That also brings up what general time the Orochi RP was supposed to be happening. Does anyone happen to know a rough month/year for when it happened? We might have to come up with a general 'this is how it ended' summary and ask @Wes to okay it.

Onto the character herself. I see the general idea you are going for, but lots of things don't quite add up. I think we can come to some compromises to make it work, though.

• Who is Professor Reinhart? As far as I know, only the Star Army and Ketsurui can create Neko. He is never mentioned again, so it does not seem too important. If you can just change this to the usual Star Army/Ketsurui that would make things simpler.
  • Her age and history do not line up with how the Star Army works. A Neko has to serve a minimum of three years in order to 'pay back' the Star Army for being created in the first place. It is very rare for a Neko to get to resign before the three years are up. There are rules for it (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:enlistment_contract) but I don't think I've ever seen it happen.
  • Related, you have her inventory full of Star Army equipment, which would have all been confiscated from her when she quit. As Wes has demonstrated, if you try to sneak a Mindy or something out, the Star Army will make it a priority to hunt you down.
  • Besides a one sentence mention in your history and selecting it as your profession, I see no further information about mercenary work.

So, here's what I think we can do to have this all make sense. I think this plan will make you happy, keep the general idea of your character, and fill a need I have in my plot.

• Adjust your history to say that you were involved in SAINT training during the mission that went bad. Explaining your focus on stealth training.
  • After the incident you were put on extended leave while SAINT monitored your mental condition.
  • While on leave you did odd jobs, like low level mercenary work, to keep busy and in shape, and to test yourself to see if you were ready to come back.
  • Captured by NMX while still on leave/on a job.
  • After rescuing the other prisoners and Vekimen, SAINT declares you cleared for active duty and makes you an official member, and assigns you to the Heartbreaker due to your experience with the Vekimen and NMX that had taken them prisoner and been in the UX area.
  • You can rejoin as an Itto Hei, get all your SA goodies back and have an official spot on the ship and a clear mission to observe interactions with the NMX and Vekimen.
We'd just need to clear up if the Vekimen you rescued went to Yamatai for care or were brought back by you to reunite with Ed and the other Vekimen we just found.

If you think this works, then we just need to start making edits to your profile and proofread all of that, and then once you're all shiny we'll be good.

Well I believe Orochi happened around the end of YE 37, during Yuletide festivities. My character from Orochi joined up with the Eucharis after the YE 38 Hanami festival, if that helps.

Looks like we ran into Ed at the beginning of YE 38, so that matches up fairly well. We can just say you were getting debriefed and given some last minute training during the time between missions. Depending on what Ed says about the Vekimen involvement, you can either have already joined us or be arriving right now. We'll figure that out.

Just work on those updates, and make sure to check for spelling errors and all that. I noticed a few small ones, and things like listing a fur color instead of skin color, etc.

General idea behind the Vekimen were that they were being sought after by the NMX due to their new Genes they could give to the NMX ((This is what I was told)). They were looking, questioning the Vekimen but they had no idea where their station was, and the NMX torture wasn't exactly helping them.

The only reason they weren't killed was because the ship commander wanted to bring them back to her leader alive and well for him to do what he wanted or something.

I hate to butt in but there is one thing in her 'Build and Skin Color' text that keeps triggering my OCD alarm. It says she is 'tall but lean' however in her stats it says she's 5'2", which I'd hardly say is tall. I'm guessing it's just an oversight from an original concept. :)

Okay, as far as the history and basic character goes, you're good. This works for me. You just need to do a bit of editing and you'll be finished.

• All those boxes at the top need to be filled out properly with her current stats. Also, they need to all link to the proper wiki articles. Example: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:tsukisaki_valesti
  • You can list SA or SAINT as your organization, or list your occupation as SAINT, whatever you think looks best. Don't forget the Itto Hei rank though. (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:inukai_sayoko)
  • Since she's an older character I added a Date of Birth box, and filled it in with my best guess (2 years and 3 months before Yuletide in YE 37). Adjust it if that's not right and make sure to adjust your current age since she's almost 3 now.
  • All stats need to be listed in metric as well.
  • Make sure to fix that bit at the bottom under Finances to say she's an Itto Hei in SA, again with wiki links, like on Valesti's page. I won't make you keep Finances up to date, though, it hardly ever gets used.
  • Need to fill out the Distinguishing Features part with something, anything.
  • I updated your Mindy from a 2 to a 3 (the Heartbreaker was basically a test run for the 3 and is stuck with them now out in deep space while everyone else gets a 4).
  • I ask for everyone to have a loadout page for their armor, so we can all keep straight what you have equipped during a mission. Like we're going to crawl through tunnels on this next mission, don't need anything bulky or long range for that. You don't need it for approval, but might want to get prepared, since you'll probably be in a PA almost immediately. https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:yss_heartbreaker#power_armor_bay

I think that should get you all shiny and clean. I just need a quick confirmation from @Edto Xar'Sivaree about whether the Vekimen prisoners would be coming back with you, or left somewhere off-screen, so I know how to handle your introduction into the plot.

They can come onto the ship, by all means. Edtoto will be a little uncomfortable, as none of them are Sivaro's or part of her Family. They can live in her room I suppose.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back