• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN [All XF Ship Captains] Operational Order (12/14/07)

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
TO: STARSHIP COMMANDERS in the Expeditionary Fleets

1. The Star Army Expeditionary Fleets will conduct a combined attack on Jun (1XF), Bizankro (5XF), and Valaad (3XF). The objective is to completely drive out the Mishhuvurthyar from these systems. (OOC: This attack will commence TOMORROW and last the weekend and possibly Monday).

2. All starships in the Expeditionary Fleets should report to the staging area designated by their Taisho and prepare for imminent battle. The only exceptions to this should be non-combat ships (cargo carriers, etc) which should wait in a designated defense network. Fleet Commanders also have the ability to make case-by-case exceptions, but all combat capable ships are expected to do their duty to fight.

3. Individuals selected for ship command (OOC: PVP ships) should report immediately to their fleet command for assignment of a warship.

OOC: You've had three days to get ready for battle. Now, let's make it happen. For 5th XF and 1st XF, the battle topics will be hosted in the FLEET forum - posts can still be made in the ship forums, too. The rule of thumb is that character interaction and stuff inside the ships should go in ship forums while external actions (ship movement, weapons fire, communication transmissions) should be posted in the battle thread).

logo_x3.gif

STAR ARMY THIRD EXPEDITIONARY FLEET
YSS Celia, NJ-X3-01

1. All 3XF captains, belay that order.

2. Command, I have not received the intelligence reports that I had asked for. I cannot guarantee the success of the attack on Valaad with any degree of certainty if I don't know what I'm going up against. Tell me how many Mishhu ships that I need to kill, and I will tell you how many ships I'll need to do it.

3. I remind you that I've only been informed of this mission a few days ago.

4. I remind you that the Expeditionary Fleets are not war fleets. Our mission statements revolve around exploration, colonization, and diplomacy. We're willing to fight for the Empire, but the soldiers that you've given me are not exactly battle-hardened veterans. Don't expect miracles.

5. If you're sending me on a suicide mission, at least tell me that. There is no need to be passive-aggressive like this.

Signed,
taisho_x3_tiny.gif

Taisho Aurore Branard

Misbehavior Before the Enemy
Proposal #36

1. Any Star Army soldier who
(1) runs away;
(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;
(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;
(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;
(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;
(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;
(8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or
(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the Star Army or their allies when engaged in battle;
shall be punished by death, unless he is a Taii or below that is following orders.

Taisho Aurore Branard, you are hereby informed that if you fail to follow orders you will be charged with violations of sections 3, 4, and 8 of Law #36, and shall stand trial by senate.

logo_x3.gif

STAR ARMY THIRD EXPEDITIONARY FLEET
YSS Celia, NJ-X3-01

1. And I remind you (whoever you are, Ms. I'm-too-important-to-identify-myself), that I will not willingly violate section 3 by sending my fleet on a suicide attack.

2. I have half-a-mind to disobey this silly order, but since you've been so polite and cooperative, and have been so quick on giving me the intelligence reports I asked for, I'll see what I can do.

Signed,
taisho_x3_tiny.gif

Taisho Aurore Branard

RPG-D RPGfix
Back