• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Andoru Sukai

Someone used my Traveling Around Yamatai guide! Woot!

The only thing I noticed that was strange was the fact that everything Sukai likes is in the military, yet he still joined to help promote peace and such. There's nothing about the possible resentment he could find by joining the military, and nothing from his dad about it, either. I realize that could be RP'd, but it seems like something to address in the pre-RP, at least in some form. It's an odd thing to leave out.

He's had points of happiness in his life, namely those he had with his father, or so it seems. Now he's found a place he likes, is still kind of depressed but is better than before — so he joins the military, where death can be constant? Not to mention the type of people ...

Just address that for me, and we'll go from there. I don't think you're at all far from approval.

Ah, very good points, I suppose I did leave some things out. Did you mean "everything Sukai DISlikes is in the military"? His only serious qualm is with death, and it was the PF's leanings toward non-lethal force that eased his conscience enough to allow him to join. I'm sure he would have some resentment in being in such a strict environment, but his way of dealing with problems is to confront and fix them, not avoid them; if he wants to promote peace but has to deal with unpleasant circumstances to do it, he'll try and make the circumstances better. He is an entertainer, after all.

You are right, it's an imperfect solution to his problems and doesn't match up with where I'm sure he'd like to be, but in my mind I think he saw the PF as simply the easiest way to attain peace in the galaxy. Although that opinion may change in the future if he sees evidence to the contrary.

Do you really think I should add a bit about his father's objections to the military? At the time that Sukai joined, he was living pretty far from his dad, only communicating long-distance. Then again, I suppose they were pretty close, so I should add that in...

Edit: Made changes to History.

*nods* I see, I see. That'll work good then. Edits are concise and pertinent; nice work yo.

This character is approved for IC usage. Please file orders in the communication thread of the character's faction if you have not already done so.

Welcome to the Star Army Role-Play.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back