• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Angel Business

Z

Zack

The White Room

"Come on Raphael, time to go see mommy," One of the Seraph's entered the white room, taking only a single step towards the area in the center where Raph's ammenities were. "She would prefer you get dressed and come willingly but I've got the stun gun too if you are going to be your usual self."

Raphael, who had been lounging about with Ivory, frowned and stood. "Put the damn thing away... I'm not fighting." He said uncharacteristically, looking back to Ivory. He moved and threw the Elysian robes on, once again wishing he had his fatigues.

Ivory woul dnod at Raphael quietly, as the Seraph waited for him to finish. "Lets get going..." The creature said, looking at him with its featureless face. Still armed like usual, rifle at his back, knife and pistol at his side. "... Once you're ready...."

It would only take a few minutes for then to reach the next area, another similarly white room, this time with Raphael's mother standing over a black display in the floor, a picture of a gas-giant There were some solid blue ships floating overhead, glimmering.

"How much do you know about space combat Raphael?" She asked as he walked in.

As Raphael entered, he bit back the fear pulling at the corners of his mind and stepped forward. "I learned a fair bit when I was on 188604. Why?" He asked as he stopped infront of the hologram and on the opposite side of his mother.

"This happened while you were throwing your temper-tantrum," She said, a slight swirl of her hand bringing up a floating menu, which she used to rewind time. The map infront of them showing an entire star-system with around a hundred ships highlighted along with about a dozen planets. A quick play-through of the scene had NMX craft showing up on the edge of the system and being defeated quickly, taking a dozen or so Elysian ships with them.

"I am calm now aren't I?" He asked coldly. "So what, you defeated the NMX, and you lost a few ships. I know you aren't above throwing lives away so why does it matter." He replied.

"And this was two weeks ago." She said, replaying another battle in the same system.

"And three weeks before that...

And before that...

and before that...."

His mother would replay a series of battles, with the NMX ships constantly increasing in number faster than the Elysians could build new ones.

"And now the Rixx have entered this area. Your friends have destroyed the ships we were going to use to protect those areas from incusion."

"You did try to kill them so..." He said shrugging. "And where do I fit in to all this?" He asked her. "You want me to command the Castiel fleet? Even though you probably have more expirenced officer who have spent their life commanding warships?"

"Uso's carelessness and Van-Banning's planning nearly brought the Nepleslians into this war. The result would have been disasterous to your friends."

She would wave her hand, scaling downt he map to show the sector at large. "However, we have a solution that should benifit everyone. We can pull our forces from the Rixxikor incusion area and focus them on the NMX front, leaving the Rixxikor areas to your friends on 188-604."

"That isn't smart. USO dosen't have their own fleet as of yet, they rely on Ragnarok for protection right now while the new fleet is assembled. If you pulled out now they would be slaughtered." He said.

"We will be re-organizing our defenses. The creatures attacking us from the souther regions require our full attention and you have seen to it that we will not be able to receive support from our own PMC. You have wrecked our Chimera, and set back our operation by years. MY operation. What you have achived is showing the Senate that we are still wrong to trust any part of our defense to non-Elysians.

The human colony on B7R-604 will be the first to be overrun by the Rixxikor, likely followed by these..."

The map would bring up a set of star systems that Raph haddn't seen before. His mother standing there, now silent, waiting for the implications to set in.

He looked over at her after studying the star map. "What exactly was chimera? And for your information I wasn't even at B7R so you can pin that cluster fuck on me." He shot back angrily.

"It's one of the minds that runs these things," She replied, pointing over at the nearby Seraph. "It also is the mind that has been generating the funds we needed to setup our PMC on Nepleslia." There was that look of disgust on her face again, as she delt with that all too familiar lashing out from Raphael.

"This is the situation now. We will be withdrawing from B7R604 and it would be best for everyone if your friends would step in here."

"I can't force them to do anything Mother..." he replied. "But I'll try if you let Ivory go free. She isn't apart of our feud. She dosent to be held hostage here. She is an amazing woman." He said dropping the anger.

"This is acceptable. We would require you to return here weekly, and outside of that you will be coordinating our efforts with Ragnarok. Using our remaining funds, we should be able to come to an agreement." She replied.

He nodded softly. "Yes mother...Though I refuse to bring any Seraphs back with me." He said adding his last stipulation.

She would try and stop herself, but she couldn't quite do it. Just a moment of a laugh escaping her lips. "I won't need to send them with you. Going forward, it would be best if you could find a way to work with your people. Help shape how they will progress from here."

He frowned. "I figured you wouldn't trust me to be out on my own." He said, looking back at Cassiel.

"I barely trust you when you're being supervised." She said flatly. "I trust that this is sufficent for now?"

He bowed begrudgingly. "That is all mother. Shall I depart?"

"See him back to his room..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back