Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Angriest Writing Utensil

Mad_Stylus

Inactive Member
Hey.

I'm a long time RPer looking to enjoy a good story.

I'm not a machine like some I've met (Who can crank out entire threads in one day), but I'll be generally around and attentive.

I'm all for all types of threads, but I generally prefer ones with a clear narrative. Something happening, no matter how small.

And I have no idea what to say in this intro further. >_>;;

What do you call yourself?

Mad Stylus

How'd you find Star Army?

Leafing through RPG-D

What interested you in joining?

I wanted a sci-fi animanga based RP where I could start up, get invested and not get bummed that I never did anything or that everyone left all of a sudden.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?

For a long, long time. Been bouncing between forums for awhile. One of my oldest boards was a Transformer play by post that was... remarkably lax, in hindsight.

Any previous experiences you want to share?

Honestly, all my experiences haven't really GONE anywhere enough to consider them share-worthy.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?

I dont mind, much. Non-Binary I'm hesitant because I don't think I have enough insight to accurately and faithfully represent them.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?

Either works, so long it goes somewhere.
  • Military or civilian characters?

Military maybe? They trend to go out and Do Shit more often than characters with non-combat backgrounds.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?

No preference
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?

If I'm going to be on a sci-fi board, I'd like to go into space.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?

Forum posts are what I'm familiar with. Only consideration with real-time is just moving around my work schedule, which isn't constant.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: So long it doesn't go to parody levels.
  • Violence: Much like the above. Graphically describing an enemy dying and the exact nuances of the blood and gore in excruciating detail just breaks flow anyways.
  • Sexuality: Yes.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?

A big anime-esque finisher move. With explosions. Because reasons.

lol. Welcome to SARP, Mad. You seem to be doing a good job of asking questions, already. Nevertheless, feel free to continue, or scroll through the Wiki for help.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back