• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Are NH-17 Nekos still playable?

Kami

Inactive Member
Hi Hi :)

I'm new here and was thinking of joining in. I read through the 'New Player's Guide', but I have a few questions about the Nekovalkyrja before I make my character.

Okay, so the Nekovalkyrja are mass produced by large companies for military use right? So why do they all have difference physical appearences and personalities? I mean, I understand how it's necessary for the roleplay, but where does it come from? I'm not quite sure how to write a 'history' for a character who's only a year or two old.

Also, according to the character creation guide, The NH-17 are no longer in production, The NH-22 isn't selectable, and the NH-27 says that you have to be a Santô Juni or above, which I'm not sure about but I'm guessing someone new here doesn't qualify. So what kinds could Nekovalkyrja can be played? Or what would be good? They all seem similar to me anyway.

Sorry if this is just me being slow. This seems like a fun place and I want to make a nice character to play.

Hello!

While the NH-17's have been dropped from production, there's a large number of them whom are still active. Large being a whole lot.

If you want to play the modern 'neko', you can just go and play a Yamataian and base it on a neko. It's pretty much the same thing, if you read up and it's more recent too.

NH-17's can essentially choose to upgrade to a new NH-22C body, which is, in essence, a Yamataian. They transfer the NH-17's memory, apply the desired comestic changes to the Yamataian body and voila!

You can still pick an NH-17, and as far as history goes, there's nothing wrong with basically saying that she was pretty much just born.

The reason for the differences in personalities and appearances helps the Nekovalkyrja be seen by one another and by other species as individuals, which is what the Star Army wants (rather than pure robots).

It's the whole numerology thing, too; just being the farthest away from the door in the dorm room at the training camp might dramatically affect your development, even if you are identical to everyone else except in ID numbers.

Bonichi said:
It's the whole numerology thing, too; just being the farthest away from the door in the dorm room at the training camp might dramatically affect your development, even if you are identical to everyone else except in ID numbers.
What are you talking about, man??

I think it's something about like seating arrangements in a homeroom being compared with the Nekovalkyrja types.

If you're a more recent NH-27, you're going to be in front of the class closer to the black board and so with a clearer view. A NH-17 would be further back and would have an impeded view, not being as close and perhaps being impared by the heads of others, etc.

It doesn't really mean nothing to a studious individual, but being in the front of a class is favorable.

...I think it's what he meant.

There's no reason why the class would be arranged by species (what good would that achieve?). I don't know where that idea came from.

I think what he (Bonichi) meant was that, the different Nekovalkyrja models (17,22,27) are so similar, that where you are randomly placed and who you are with will have a bigger effect.

I think...

And a Nekovalkyrja could always upgrade to a newer better body later on right?

What I'm trying to explain is the butterfly effect; if you have twenty NH-17s in one training camp all out of the same vat with the exact same programmed memories, they're still going to turn out different, even if it's only a week - minute things like your place in line waiting for lunch will affect it, especially if you're allowed to converse.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back