Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Are Yamataians NH-22C Nekovalkyrja?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
Okay, so due to an IRC discussion this was brought up, and a slight discrepency was discovered between the History of the NH-29 and the Yamataian (species) wiki entries and am curious if NH-22Cs are Yamataians or if Yamataians are completely different from nekos.

History of the NH-29 said:
..More recent developments introduced the NH-22 Nekovalkyrja types, but instead of seeing mass-production, they only lasted for a prototype phase before they branched off into two variants whom became types of their own: The NH-22M Nekovalkyrja VI, originally designed to assemble most the the NH-17’s variants under one powerful package, was perfected and reclassified as the NH-27 Nekovalkyrja (Type 27); The NH-22C Nekovalkyrja VI, designed to be a civilian unit capable of child-bearing instead of a military-grade machine, was reclassified as the ‘Yamataian’ race under Nekovalkyrja Re-integration Plan. The NH-22C/Yamataian were strongly advocated by the Yamataian Government...

and from the Yamataian wiki:

Yamataian (Species) said:
...and create a new “Yamataian” species that would become the new standard race of the Empire, incorporating enough elements of the Nekovalkyrja that NH-22C and NH-17R nekos would not be significantly “downgraded” but doing away with features not needed in everyday life like stealth, and anti-gravity control. ...

So....I've bolded (and italicized) the parts in question. Is the Yamataian neko at all or is it completely different a mashup of the 17R and the 22C (which according to the 29 history is the Yamataian). If it isn't a neko does it lose it's gravity control that it currently possesses, as you can read in the above paragraph it shouldn't have.

NH-22C are Nekovalkyrja android bodies. They no longer exist, as the NH-22C was retooled some and later became the Yamataian race. Anyone with a 22C body was supposed to transfer to the Yamataian body. The 22C body was developed in part to eliminate the older NH-1 Geshrin body, also technically a Nekovalkyrja body.

So to be accurate, the three major races of Yamatai are all use NH-class android bodies.

To me, it seems like a technicallity.

The NH-22C Yamataian and the "Yamataian" probably have the same differences Windows 95 and Windows 98 had - which is... not a lot. The NH-22C was probably the initial slew of bodies the Ketsurui clan used on, say, Empress Ayame. The "Yamataian" was probably a slight revision meant for mass production.

Admittedly, I find it simpler to term the Yamataian as the NH-22C, but Wes had disagreements with that.

The name "Yamataian" is patriotic, as opposed to NH-22C, which is just a number. Civilians didn't like to think of their species as a product, so the later models/versions of NH-22C were called Yamataian as a marketing tactic.

Wes said:
The name "Yamataian" is patriotic, as opposed to NH-22C, which is just a number. Civilians didn't like to think of their species as a product, so the later models/versions of NH-22C were called Yamataian as a marketing tactic.

... That's not what you told me before when we last talked about this.

When we all decided to lower the anti-gravity speeds an NH-22C could travel at, as opposed to a full Neko, we called the new retooling "Yamataian" and we reduced other parts of it, such as healing and strength and endurance. And we did away with the NH-22C moniker because it related to the NH-22M project, which was also obsolete.

Modern-day Yamataians and NH-22C Nekovalkyrja (Yukari's old body) are not the same android. That's how we had it. Is that changing?

Wes said:

I wonder how this makes all the Nekos who are still in an NH series body feel, since they can only differentiate each other by product serial number.

Modern-day Yamataians and NH-22C Nekovalkyrja (Yukari's old body) are not the same android. That's how we had it. Is that changing?
Again, the Yamataian is a later version of the NH-22C, making it both a different model but also the same. I'm not making any changes.

I guess so.

It must be just semantics that's hanging me up. I see the NH-22C, then I see the Yamataian, not the NH-22Ca or something. That's my bad.

But technically, that's what they must be, according to Wes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back