• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Are Yamataians NH-22C Nekovalkyrja?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
Okay, so due to an IRC discussion this was brought up, and a slight discrepency was discovered between the History of the NH-29 and the Yamataian (species) wiki entries and am curious if NH-22Cs are Yamataians or if Yamataians are completely different from nekos.

History of the NH-29 said:
..More recent developments introduced the NH-22 Nekovalkyrja types, but instead of seeing mass-production, they only lasted for a prototype phase before they branched off into two variants whom became types of their own: The NH-22M Nekovalkyrja VI, originally designed to assemble most the the NH-17’s variants under one powerful package, was perfected and reclassified as the NH-27 Nekovalkyrja (Type 27); The NH-22C Nekovalkyrja VI, designed to be a civilian unit capable of child-bearing instead of a military-grade machine, was reclassified as the ‘Yamataian’ race under Nekovalkyrja Re-integration Plan. The NH-22C/Yamataian were strongly advocated by the Yamataian Government...

and from the Yamataian wiki:

Yamataian (Species) said:
...and create a new “Yamataian” species that would become the new standard race of the Empire, incorporating enough elements of the Nekovalkyrja that NH-22C and NH-17R nekos would not be significantly “downgraded” but doing away with features not needed in everyday life like stealth, and anti-gravity control. ...

So....I've bolded (and italicized) the parts in question. Is the Yamataian neko at all or is it completely different a mashup of the 17R and the 22C (which according to the 29 history is the Yamataian). If it isn't a neko does it lose it's gravity control that it currently possesses, as you can read in the above paragraph it shouldn't have.

NH-22C are Nekovalkyrja android bodies. They no longer exist, as the NH-22C was retooled some and later became the Yamataian race. Anyone with a 22C body was supposed to transfer to the Yamataian body. The 22C body was developed in part to eliminate the older NH-1 Geshrin body, also technically a Nekovalkyrja body.

So to be accurate, the three major races of Yamatai are all use NH-class android bodies.

To me, it seems like a technicallity.

The NH-22C Yamataian and the "Yamataian" probably have the same differences Windows 95 and Windows 98 had - which is... not a lot. The NH-22C was probably the initial slew of bodies the Ketsurui clan used on, say, Empress Ayame. The "Yamataian" was probably a slight revision meant for mass production.

Admittedly, I find it simpler to term the Yamataian as the NH-22C, but Wes had disagreements with that.

The name "Yamataian" is patriotic, as opposed to NH-22C, which is just a number. Civilians didn't like to think of their species as a product, so the later models/versions of NH-22C were called Yamataian as a marketing tactic.

Wes said:
The name "Yamataian" is patriotic, as opposed to NH-22C, which is just a number. Civilians didn't like to think of their species as a product, so the later models/versions of NH-22C were called Yamataian as a marketing tactic.

... That's not what you told me before when we last talked about this.

When we all decided to lower the anti-gravity speeds an NH-22C could travel at, as opposed to a full Neko, we called the new retooling "Yamataian" and we reduced other parts of it, such as healing and strength and endurance. And we did away with the NH-22C moniker because it related to the NH-22M project, which was also obsolete.

Modern-day Yamataians and NH-22C Nekovalkyrja (Yukari's old body) are not the same android. That's how we had it. Is that changing?

Wes said:

I wonder how this makes all the Nekos who are still in an NH series body feel, since they can only differentiate each other by product serial number.

Modern-day Yamataians and NH-22C Nekovalkyrja (Yukari's old body) are not the same android. That's how we had it. Is that changing?
Again, the Yamataian is a later version of the NH-22C, making it both a different model but also the same. I'm not making any changes.

I guess so.

It must be just semantics that's hanging me up. I see the NH-22C, then I see the Yamataian, not the NH-22Ca or something. That's my bad.

But technically, that's what they must be, according to Wes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back