• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Arik Lezatiel

Tyson_B

Inactive Member
Alright, thanks for the suggestions. I kinda have trouble coming up with names for characters, unfortunately, but I'll try. As for the attack that killed my character's father, the timeline thing was kinda confusing as well. So I meant to be vague about it. Ack, debutante wasn't the word I was going for... I think it was more like a dilittante. Someone who dabbles in different categories of knowledge.

Name: Arik Lezatiel

General Information

Species: Geshrin

Family / Creators:

Employer:
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 152 lbs.
Measurements:
Bra Size:

Build and Skin color: Slender and flesh-toned
Facial Features and Eye color: Eye Color: Green
Hair color and Style: Short red hair

Distinguishing Features: On his left thigh is a birthmark that looks a bit like Italy on earth, in a slight orange hue. Minus the little high heel part.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality: A dilettante, Arik's the kinda guy that wants to know a bit of everything... though more often than not, he knows just enough to get him in trouble and not enough to get him out of it. The only real time that he makes a difficult decision on his own would be in the last minute, sometimes at the last second. He strives to do better than his father, but his own indecisiveness dooms him from the start. A bit of a neat-freak, but as he is a technician he can put that aside... temporarily, anyway. He's also not a very out-going individual, but he is a great friend to those that he comes to trust. If he ever really needs a decision and it's one of those 50-50 things... well, he has an old coin that had been passed down in his family for who knows how long. Heads or tails, one way or the other, he gets his decision.

Likes: Women with a personality and a cute face. Attempting to better himself and to do something better than his father.
Dislikes: Shallow people and liars.
Goals: To outdo his parents... or to at least make his mother proud.

History

Originally, the young man attempted to become a merchantm in the manner of his father. But when his father was killed in an attack, Arik found himself without a real path in life of his own. Trying several different jobs, and although learning several possibly good trades, he found himself serving in Yamatai's army as he attempts to discover just what route he really wants to go on in his life. His father had died in a bandit raid as he went out to inspect a new mining investment- blown to atoms by a strafing run done by a fighter craft. His mother, a consumate cook and fairly well to do chef, runs her own restaurant on a space station just within the Yamatai boundaries. Hopefully, it'll never be behind the lines of battle. Or on the forefront.

Skills

Communication: Reading and writing, and a little cryptography. Of course, that means that half of what he translates is garbled into incoherency. The other half... well, you always start with an 'E', right?

Fighting: Basic hand-to-hand and Power Armor. Though better with power armor, due to the fact that he barely passed the hand-to-hand part of basic training.

Technology Operation: Computers and networking skills were the most sought after trade that his father worked with. So, Arik picked up on this category much more than others... so he can actually do something with these, rather than do a half-arse job.

Mathematics: Dimensional theory and statistics were as far as he got. Math wasn't exactly a strong point of his academics, but he managed to get by without screwing up all the time.

Engineering: Ship and power armor designs. Of course, without the full courses having been taken yet, the best Arik can do is figure it out on his own, which is difficult since he basically does it by hand or on a dinky little computer that anyone would laugh at.

Maintenance and Repair: This was something his father had done very little with. But swinging around a mop and bucket, along with all sorts of tools had proven to be very good, if not rudimentary work. Plus, the ability to repair always came in handy. This particular skill, Arik picked up quick and continues to build on now that he's in the army. Thankfully, he always scored high marks on the tests that dealt with this.

Culinary: You want something to eat? Well, his food isn't poisonous, and usually it looks and smells decent too. Just beware of his making something new. It sometimes isn't the prettiest picture ever taken. But after the first time (when everyone think he hasn't gotten ay better at it), the food is always much better. Another skill picked up after learning that eating the most basic rations always basically sucked.

Hey there. I'm Doshii, a moderator at Star Army. I'll be looking over your character here. Just a note -- there's no need to take anything I say personally. We review a lot of bios here, and what we say is in the interest of making your character better and preserving our RP environment.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the moderators through PM, e-mail or YIM.

1. Gonna need some creators in there. Parents are a good start -- we love chars with families.

1a. At least put an occupation of some sort. Technical sentry seems appropriate.

2. Distinguishing features are good. Trust me on this -- they can be subtle or obvious.

3. Personality is ... kind of confusing. There's information missing, yet not ... it all ties into his technician side, right?

4. I like the "women with personality." That's kind of different, actually.

5. Outdoing the parents. Now that's kind of cool -- how will that relate to his career in the Star Army, I wonder? If that's what you're going for.

6. What attack killed the father, out of curiousity?

7. Where is the family located? Yamatai?

8. Skills are good. Looks like you've got them down, but you haven't got the descriptions filled. If you go back into the CCG, you'll find boilerplate text for them. If you have any individual little twists on the boilerplate, go ahead and use'em.

Overall -- I'm liking this character! And your writing skill seems pretty apparent. Just a little more work, and you'll be ready to roll.

Looks like things are coming along well so far! Let me know when you're done so I can approve it.

A debutante, he has trouble making his own big decisions compared to others.

You might want to reconsider that choice of word:

Definitions of debutante on the Web:

* a young woman making her debut into society
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* A debutante is young lady from a representative family who has reached the age of 18, and as a new adult is introduced to society at a formal presentation known as her "debut" or "coming out." Originally, it meant the young woman was eligible for marriage, and the tradition arose when noble families started seeking infusions of cash by marriage to wealthy bourgeoisie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debutante

Just a heads up. ;)

I do hope you keep at this.

However I will say to you as I am saying to everyone now - please try to personalise your skills - make them truelly fit to your character, not simply have them because they were in the CCG and replace the name - everyone does it, this is true - but creating something more unique allows for a more interesting character - and a far more interesting read.

How's his mother?

This character's height exceeds the capacity for most power armors.

Standard height is 5' 3".

Also, there is only 1 power armor (Super PHALANX) that can hold such a character, and there would be two tall characters on the Sakura. Should we order a second Super PHALANX?

Oh, "Formed as needed, maximum of 3".

In that case, it'll work fine.

Keep in mind though, that Arik will more than likely always use a SUPER PHALANX armor, not a more common Kylie.

Hm... alrighty, good to know. You may want to have a look at the Geshrin stat page of the CCG then- it lists the average Geshrin Male Height at being 6'1". And the female at 5'6".

Tyson_B said:
Hm... alrighty, good to know. You may want to have a look at the Geshrin stat page of the CCG then- it lists the average Geshrin Male Height at being 6'1". And the female at 5'6".
Yes, but the Star Army designs its vehicles for Nekovalkyrja.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back