• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Astral Reverie Wins Tournament, Setting Record for Star Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news! Astral Reverie, run by GM @raz, has brought great honor home to Star Army by winning the Tournament of Simulations for Outstanding Original Scifi.

The Tournament of Simulations, hosted by Ongoing Worlds, is a competition of roleplaying games that started in 1999, and was judged this year by Chas Hammer, Elena Vasilescu, Kenny Gillis, Leo Handley-Page, James Drysdale, James D. West, Misty Diamond, Myrkul Sharr, Nicole Chamberlain, October Veritas, and Sam Jones. Each participating roleplay submitted 10 posts written in 2016. The posts were evaluated by three judges in three different categories on a 1-10 scale:
  1. Story
  2. Characters
  3. Readability/Grammar.
The final scores were then adjusted based on the individual judge’s respective averages and standard deviations to adjust for both hard & easy grading judges and judges with small & large ranges of scores.

Huge congratulations to @raz for entering in this competition and winning with your excellent roleplay. Great RP is its own reward but it's great to see it recognized and to have Star Army represented.

But wait, there's more great news! With this win, Star Army has now become the first club to win awards in 5 different competitions (2012-2016). We've now won 9 total awards across those 5 Tournaments:
  1. Outstanding Original Sim (2012 Simulation Cup): YSS Eucharis
  2. Best Original SciFi Sim (2013) YSS Eucharis
  3. The Prize for Simming and Online Role Playing in Memory of Seth Cotis (2013): Star Army "for its fantastic, interesting concept and design, its unique, inspiring setting, and its active, helpful community that welcomes new players openly."
  4. Outstanding Original Sim (2014 Simulation Cup): The Fringe
  5. Excellence in Character Development (2014 Simulation Cup): YSS Sakishima
  6. Excellence in Prolificness (2014 Simulation Cup): YSS Eucharis
  7. Excellence in Readability (2014 Simulation Cup): YSS Byakuren
  8. Best Original SciFi Sim (2015): YSS Eucharis
  9. Outstanding Original Scifi (2016): YE 38: Astral Reverie
Thank you for everyone on Star Army who's on our forums making roleplay posts that are fun, moving, exciting, surprising, and memorable. You are the life of this site and I love you guys!

I also want to thank all the judges for the Tournament. I've been a judge for them before and it's a huge workload and I appreciate the time and effort they spent on this immensely.

-Wes

Click here to read the full winners announcement on the Ongoing Worlds Blog

Thanks for creating the amazing SARPiverse, @Wes, and giving all of us a great web space to share in that setting! Couldn't do it without your awesome Kikyo Sector.

Here's looking forward to all the great stories our community will create for years to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…