• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Asuka-class Scout + Systems

Toshiro

VEM: How big is it and where does it attach?

YAR: This seems pretty much like regular Yamataium armor, but weirder.

MSA-Kai: APPROVED.

Yamataium Ablative Regenerative Armor sounds all right to me and is actually pretty plausible. It reminds me of the DARPA experiments with shape memory alloy and so called "smart armor" that regenerates itself into its original shape at the molecular level and is supposed to be the next big leap from composite armor.

VEM: Unless stated, these are 45 meters long, 35 meters wide, and 15 meters tall. This has been added to the VEM page.

The VEMs are the two "Wings" on either side of Asuka. I added this section to the systems on the Asuka page:

Versatility Enhancement Module (2)

This ship's wings are actually a pair of removable modules called Versatility Enhancement Modules. Usually they are 45m x 35m x 15m, and are a mission specific upgrade system used to increase the ship's versatility dramatically.

YARA: It IS normal Yamataium, but growing out from the hull into ablative structures as well as across into a conventional hull beneath. It is a more three dimensional use of the same material.

How does it become ablative, though? Yamataium isn't ablative.

It grows outward non-uniformly in thin scale-like puzzle pieces which are swept back and raised, and break off when something hits. They cushion the blow for the worth of 1 DR point before the "true" impact with the main hull from which these grow.

VEM: Approved.

YAR: Not approved.

I will make edits to remove the YARA from the Asuka then.

Edit: YARA has been replaced with an existing "+1" ablative MFY matarial in conjunction with Yamataium for roughly the same result.

Sliding puzzle-like plates have been added which do not alter the overall DR rating, but make it harder to locate entry points and board the ship.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back