Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Azorea] Stars and Water

"Oh, it's Kana." Steffen explained, pointing at the hull. "Kana's a Syntelligence."

"I don't think they know what a Syntelligence is, Steffen." Sighed Kana's robotic voice.

"I... was about to explain." THe Type Three glowered at the speakers.

"I can introduce myself, thank you very much." The SI tried to sound offended and irate, but she was clearly joking around with the Stargazer. "A Synthetic Intelligence is, basically, a sapient lifeform that exists purely in the digital realm. Basically, we are uploaded consciousnesses. Some of us are uploaded after death or massive physical damage occurred to our previous bodies, others are uploaded by choice, and others are instead uploaded from fresh clones or blank neural templates, living our whole life as Type Fives, which is how we call ourselves."

"I call you a Type Five too."

"I meant "we" as in "we, the Free State", dolt."

Meanwhile, the distant but loud sound of pumps sucking water and pushing it inside the massive, empty hull of the Kind Wing could be heard.

"By the way, what about yourselves?" Steffen asked, sounding curious. "I can't imagine what living in water would be like. Of course, I guess it's pretty normal for you..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back