Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Azorean Hammerhead

Yoshi

Inactive Member
Submission Type:
Submission URL: Azorean Hammerhead

Faction:Azorean
FM Approved Yet? unknown

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: The reason the FM Approved part is "Unknown" is that I'm not sure if I was given the FM slot for the faction.

Perhaps there'd be an air-based holding cell/docking bay/meeting area for when foreigners come for a meeting? Near the gravitational "top" perhaps? Maybe even in the fin?

Well I am glad you all have taken an interest in this. :ugeek: :mrgreen:

I guess I will start answering the things you all have mentioned. Starting at the top.

OsakanOne said:
Why does it look like a shark?

To honestly answer that question, I have to respond in two fold. First because that is was I pictured a civilization who is behind in technology, and is just now joining the rest of the space-fairing peoples of this universe. They want to look scary and capable in combat.Even if they are not. Secondly
wiki said:

raz said:
The ship is 274 meters long, and yet only has space for 125 people in cramped settings. This doesn't seem very realistic. For comparison, a modern Arleigh Burke class destroyer is about 155 meters long and has a standard complement of 23 officers and 300 enlisted. While I won't say you need more crew because of the wonders of technology and automation, it's really unbelievable that such a large vessel would be jam-packed with so much stuff that it can't fit more people — which also reflects its capacity for cargo and ammunition.

Why does it have landing gear?

Other than those things it seems fairly balanced for its mission.

Though I don't know about calling it a "Hammerhead." That's, like, an Earth fish. The Azoreans aren't Earth. Sure, they might have a similar organism, but "hammerhead" it would surely not be called.

I will answer this one in bullets

*The length isn't much longer then the Plumeria-class, and much skinnier. So I made the max population on it just a little higher then the Plumeria-class.

*It has landing gear to land on planets that don't have water based surfaces.

*Thank you, I did tried to keep it balanced

*I named it that way A. cause that is what I designed it as and was calling it before I planed to bring it to the Azorean's (the name stuck in my head) and B. cause it would be an Azorean word meaning ruffly the same and I didn't want to have people trying to pronounce a silly made up set of sounds, when I could just make it easier on them.

Now I must Group a lot of you together cause you all where discussing the same aspects: Fred, Nashoba, Raz, and Moogle.

The Whole ship is NOT flooded, only the rec-room is kept flood all the time, the bridge maybe flooded in combat if the CO wants it that way. the rest of the ship is dry, well the atmosphere is kept moist but not to a point of satiation.

At for the part about FM, I talked to Wes a few weeks ago and like he says two post above me, I asked to be the FM if only long enough to get these Sharky peoples up to a PC race.

Now I think I answered all the questions. Thank you guys again. I shall try to keep up with any more questions that come in.

Un-advanced attempts in intimidation usually come out hilarious or sometimes joke-like to more advanced civilizations, as we see if we look back through history...

Yeah, I buy it. You've got me onboard, Tanka.

Thanks for arguing your point.

The ship it self is lightly armed. You can fit about ten more disrupter cannons on it, in each weapon slot.

Secondly i'd add some kind of slow moving torpedo/ missile weapon as a stand off device.

A defensive weapon is not out of the question as well.

Tanka, make whatever last changes you want, and I will review this for you using the checklist.

Go for it. I can always up-grade it latter. right now it has very few weapons and what not cause it is a limited ship, and needed to be launched as quickly as possible.

With that in mind I will say go for it.

This review is for: Hammerhead Gunship

The submitted article is/has…
[x] A very high level of overall quality
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[x] Artwork (illustrations are required for Starships, Vehicles, Hand weapons or Small Arms, Uniforms for military forces or large corporations and new alien species not from the race of the day CCG)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[x] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[x] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] No red and/or broken links
[-] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[x] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[x] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[x] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[x] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[x] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[x] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[x] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[x] Lacking Detail
[x] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[x] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[x] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[x] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
Note here if any serious issues are present. These are the issues that will hold up approval.
** Short description of the issue. If a longer explanation is needed, put it in Notes.

[-] Reasonably scientifically plausible

Okay there is a problem with Azorean Disruptors being installed on this ship. Your page says the Starship size is 410 m, and weights 565 lbs.

But the Hammerhead is only 274.32 meters long.

Notes
This field is for any extra description needed for the issues stated above or (as the name suggests) and additional notes you wish to state in the record regarding the item.

I intend to finish this review by: (WRITE IN DATE)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back