• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 B7R Diplomacy

Z

Zack

There was only one city on this planet... or at least, only one city still standing.

The well manicured and peaceful beachfront properties, luxury houses, and other reasons for being outside had largely been destroyed by Rixxikor, by USO's own forces, or by any number of fires and falling debries that were left over from the battle earlier.

The main city itself was contained inside of a large central sphere, half burred in the ground, four arms extending from it heading downward into the dirt below. A single large tower extended from the top, a gleaming, silvery, metal spire topped with some kind of laser emitter.

Outside of the city were its defenders, each easily standing more than 100 meters tall. Each as large and as powerful as a starship. The simple, flat purple shape of the Indigo that Alex had run into last time was on display, as well as some of the more elaborate designs including one that looked like a human in a suit of armor.

It would be up to Donavin and Alex to make a first move.

While Alex's craft was much smaller than the giants guarding the city, his entrance more than made up for that in skill and bravado. Alex had come from across the planet, doing a hop out of the atmosphere and diving back in, wreathing his fighter in the flames of shock heating.

As he dived towards the ocean nearby the cities, he counted down in his head and at the last minute, transformed the legs out and pulsed the thrusters to break his dive, and flew to the beach, leaving a wake of sparkling mist behind him. As he set down on the beach, he transformed fully and lowered his mecha into a kneeling position.

As he hopped out onto its awaiting hand he let out a whoop of joy.

"Oh wow! That was awesome!"

Mr. Donovan landed with a thud as he exited the passenger seat.
"I found the G-forces exceptionally high considering the pilot is organic. I advise a medical inspection for possible brain damage... due to the high G-forces, of course," Mr. Donovan rambled, "where are we in relation to the city? My optical sensors lost track of position during reentry."

Silber

"Enemy Contact. One small attack craft approaching."

Keller could certainly see the approaching U1... anyone could, even without the full 360 degree view of the battlespace provided to her by her headset. She would turn up the audio pickups, looking to listen in on what the... two now... invaders had to say while turning down the audio feed from her crew.

"That's the white mecha from before!"

Indigo was nearby, the large, deep purple machine's simple outline stood in stark contrast to the far more detailed and ornate Silber machine. Keller's own armor displaying a silver with a faded black striping pattern. Their approaches were also just as different.

"Go check further south. I will handle this."

Keller left no room for discussion. The larger Indigo machine moving off as Keller herself focused on the task infront of her. What kind of military would let someone with brain damage operate a fighter craft? Clearly there was plenty wrong with this pilot.

Keller would switch on the external loudspeakers,

"LEAVE. WE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE."

Alex walked forward and pointed at the indigo giant. As he did so, his mecha stood and pointed in unison with him.

"Listen, I don't know how manners work around here, but that seems like a pretty poor way to treat anyone, let alone people who just helped save your planet."

He motioned to the ground.

"Why don't you come out here and we can talk this out in person?"

"Mr. Tasuki, I probably should have asked this earlier, but what exactly happened last time you came here," Mr. Donovan asked as the towering Mecha cast them both in a shadow, "if it's negative, we may need those gifts sooner than later… we may also need to run."

Silber

"You should listen to your machine." The giant mecha boom', its external audio loud enough to shake the trees nearby.

Keller held back as much as someone could in a 100m tall suit if armor. She had plenty of weapons, her loadout display cycling through off in the periderals of her vision. There were certainly some that would be happy to crush that white transforming fighter, still others that were eager to take the fight to Uso... but Keller wasn't here to start a fight. Instead she just took one step forward, the armored foot using no anti-gravity to assist it would land hard a few dozen meters closer to where Alex's mecha stood, shaking the ground and sinking into the dirt with its impact.

"GOOD SIR! I am no man's machine!" Mr. Donovan spoke with normal pitch at a higher volume, "I am Mr. Donovan, president of the Frontier Service Corporation. Our mission is to provide frontier colonies with services similar to those enjoyed on core worlds governed by major factions and facilitate economic integration with the interstellar market for colonial governments that are not recognized politically."
Seriously, only a robot could rattle all of that off with one breath.
"I come bearing gifts."

Alex didn't budge in response to the giant's step. He turned, and spoke to Donovan, his voice wavering noticeably. "The last time I was here, someone back on planet 188604 hacked into my neural implant and used me as a puppet.

His memory flashed back to that day, the helplessness that he had felt when he couldn't stop his body from firing upon civilians.

"I was helpless. All I could do was watch while someone else used my body to massacre a lot of civilians."

He looked back up to Indigo, and spoke again, his voice now restored to its normal firmness. "But I don't expect you to believe me. You can prosecute me if you wish. I only want to make sure that this planet is safe again before up do."

Silber

Keller turned her gaze from Alex, to the robot, then back to Alex. The boy could probably just have a clone made to escape any justice handed out... all the same she could not just let go a fugative that was turning himself in.

The towering armor just stood there, unmoving, as a decision was made.

"Disarm yourself and step away from your fighter craft."

"While you may continue explaining your relationship with him,"

Elsewhere

"What the shit Alex!? I will laser those assholes from space so hard...."

Uso's datapad went flying across the room, the case breaking open as it hit the wall.

"DONAVAN YOU BETTER....."

Uso quickly went to the controls at the front of the ship, and started typing up a text message so that Donavan could actually hear what she was saying
Code:
-Donavan

Don't let them take Alex! I'll explode the shit out of all of their stupid faces.

The message was received, but Mr Donovan had no intention of letting them take Alex.
"Ah, yes. My relationship with Mr. Tasuki is a very simple, yet political one. One that could invoke an extinction level event for your city if you touch him," his words as calm and cordial as as the fragrance of a flower garden at which the android intended to host his tea party, "we at the frontier Service Corporation are aspiring to be a manufacturing Powerhouse to the galaxy, which means manufacturing the weapons needed to wage war is almost negligible. It would cost us approximately three hundred thousand KS to facilitate the transfer of ownership over your City to our Corporation… but that would be unethical, so perhaps you can put us in contact with your leaders so that we can conduct good business and establish a friendly political relationship."
A volumetric :) appeared over the face of the unusually diplomatic combat android.

Alex frowned at Donovan. "No, tell whoever is up there that this is my decision. We need to show that we're willing to take responsibility for actions."

Alex raised his hands and walked over to the giant mecha's foot.

His mecha deactivated all of its weapons systems and joined him, dwarfed by the size of the other robot.

"Showing that we're willing to work things out on their terms is the first step to working on a relationship between our two groups."

Last edited:
Silber

Donavan's threat was enough to keep Keller's armor from moving. She had been on this planet for nearly a decade, back when it was little more than rocks and ice. It took years to bring enough water to the planet to support life, years more to create an ecosystem that was self sustaining.

Even if he was bluffing, it would still be years to repair the damage done to the terraforming effort.

"We came here to get away from your type." She finally responded, "If we buy something from you, will you leave?"

Keller would signal her crew, having them request a transport along with a single arrest team for Alex. For the time being they would be ready, but stay just inside the city to avoid being seen or provoking the situation further.

"Mr. Tasuki, I'm afraid the extinction level event I mentioned is not something within my power to control," Donovan replied to Alex quietly, "if you wish to see a result that does not involve your mother attacking this city please allow me to negotiate in your behalf. Only then will you have a real chance to explain your situation to someone who matters in their government."

"My statement stands, regardless of Mr. Tasuki's feelings. Your leaders will understand his importance and situation when we meet," he called back to Keller, "Mr. Tasuki and I are here as political representatives for the USO and the gifts I'm bringing will need somewhere to land, it's just a small freighter."

@Blizzard
5000 KS
188604 to B7R-604
Full load of compressed aerogel packages

Alex shouted at Donovan. "Tell Uso that if she wants to shoot the city, she'll have to shoot me too."

Silber would remain motionless for nearly two minutes. The large machine just staring at the two of them.

"Very well."

Donavan would receive co-ordinates for a landing zone near the city.

Then the forward armor sections of the mecha would start to glow, projecting a half dozen other mecha, each just as high as Silber.

"Make your case."

Alex sat down on the hands of his mecha, which now knelt.

"I have an implant in me, able to force my body to act even while my mind is without control."

He turned around and pointed to the implant at the base of his neck.

"When I was last here, I was unaware of the fact that someone had tampered with it. And when I was in an area with civilians, it was activated and I was like a puppet."

He looked down slightly.

"I wasn't able to stop my body from moving and killing those civilians. And though the situation was out of my control, I am still regretful of those deaths."

He looked up at his 'judges' and spoke once again.

"Though I hope that you will accept that I am sorry, I will accept whatever judgement you pass."

Donovan waited as Alex explained himself. With coordinates received he relayed the position of the landing zone to Flynn Blackburn, the most trusted pilot in the directory endowed to the android by his creator, with orders to postpone landing until cleared by Donovan himself.
He was either the delivering gifts or getting them out of harms way.

Two of the mecha displayed left the meeting, their images winking out. It seems that they had already decided what they wanted to do.

"Is that all you have to say for yourself?" Silber asked.

Alex shook his head. "No, because you must also take into account that your people owe us greatly for repelling the Rixxicor."

Alex took a deep breath before finishing. "And lastly, I do not believe that your people, your way of life is compatible with the idea of punishing someone for something that they are not responsible for. I will provide medical and technical records of the events in question to prove this, but the decision is ultimately yours and will reflect on how you are viewed, as a society of honorable people, or those who punish unjustly."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back