Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [B7R604] Mission Planning

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
"Vier is one of our resident robot-people. She is on loan from a friend." Uso said,

"I am a losely networked node-based.."

"HE doesn't need to know that," Uso interjected, cutting off Vier and then continuing right on ahead, "She's got nodes in a lot of our hardware, and she has your best interests in mind for the time being. The Rix are like... bug things about human sized.... I don't know, I didn't really get a good look at them, you can take this one Vier."

Vier looked at Uso sternly, and then turned her attention back to the group, "The Rixx are a fast breeding insect like race. Claws, fast learning, spew acid, and have an immense innate ability to terraform their surroundings. Their machines tend to be fairly non-standard however the ones we have encountered have been very well armed and armored."

"And as for why we aren't killing them?" Uso asked, reminding them of Corgan's question earlier.

"They are still sentient creatures. As such an effort needs to be made to spare them." Vier added.

"So basically... in exchange for Vier helping US, we have to put up with HER rules... then again those same rules keep her from going all super-killer-robo on everyone so I suppose its a wash." Uso added.

Last edited:
Yinsar quickly drew out a small datapad, hiding it using the seat in front of him, and took a few quick notes, muttering to himself quietly as he did so. "Vier... 'losely node-based'... 'in lots of our hardware'... 'values sentient life.'" He hesitated a moment, then bit the inside of his cheek, deciding to take a few notes on what Vier had said about the Rixxicor as well.

Haven't not been paying attention for some time previously, Yin looked back curiously at Jack while he spoke, realizing Tacticus was present just as Jack mentioned why he did not claim the farming robot. Yinsar recognized the change in the robot immediately, and clicked his tongue with annoyance at his colleague. It took real effort not to simply stop what he was doing and literally just leap over the seats to Tacticus.

But there were important people here, and he had to have at least some mild semblance of respect.

And so Yinsar opted to simply crawl slowly over the seats, quietly and with as much stealth that Yin could muster, until he reached Tacticus, and put a hand onto his robotic shoulder.

"Now, now, Tacticus. You seem to be a bit of a foul mood. Say, I would be happy to have you as my robot, should you so wish it. Is that fine by you?" Yinsar Kine glared over at Jack a few moments. "I heard about this great farming technique from someone, a farming technique that's pretty new! Maybe you'd like to hear of it, yeah? You'd probably know about it far more than I, a second opinion would be valuable." He chuckled and patted Tacticus on the back, his eyes noting the still broken limbs. "Oh my, you still haven't gotten those repairs? How about we stop by the workshop after this... er... 'briefing' thing or whatever. I'll see what I can do for you." Yin smiled.

Tacticus wasn't paying attention either now. What was the point? He knew nothing of this stuff and besides, he wasn't in the mood. If the robot could cry, he honestly would be crying right now; alas that was a feature he didn't have. Merely laying there on the ground, Tacticus noted how the man didn't try to...apologize let alone see that his feelings were hurt. Was this meeting thing more important to em? WHy weren't they saying anything to him now?

The only reason the Taurtron lifted his head slightly was when he heard his name said by a slightly familiar being and the hand on his shoulder. His golden optics showed his unhappy state as well as he looked up at Yinsar. The robot recalled how the two men seemed to both want to work on him, get him back up and going at a hundred percent. Yet...now only one seemed that way. Was it a trick? A lie? Tacticus couldn't tell.

"What technique?" Tacticus asked in a low voice.

THinking on picking someone didn't appeal right now, it just made him sadder. If Jack had been a owner, the Taurtron would've lost a third one. If he took Yinsar up on their offer to be his owner, how long would it last? A couple of days? A week? So many negative thoughts were going through his head, the poor robot didn't want to think on anything. SHutting down for a little bit was still appealing in his eyes right now.

Alex looked around at everyone.

"Are there any other questions, or are we ready to start preparing to move out?"

"ALRIGHT! Sounds like you nuggets know everything you need to know. Everyone go get your gear ready. We're heading out at the end of the day. Deep Space Rally Point 1 if any of you don't know where to bring your ships or gear.

... Of course if you need anything talk to Vier." Uso said, finishing and immediately heading for the door.

Errowyn slipped into the meeting and stayed near the back. She quickly assessed the situation. She glanced at Tacticus. ~~ "I may have use for you." ~~ She sent via telepathically to Tacticus after finding his radio node frequency and through her Data Jockey.

She leaned forward just enough to catch Tacticus eye to let him know it was her who contacted him. Even if it may be a landscaper at her Iake island residence. At least the Robot would feel useful. Till he replied, she turned her attention to the meeting. Currently she was without a ship as '5' was going through some major refits and systems upgrade from the last battle in space.

She typed in a message to Uso. :: Will you be needing the Queen's Slave for this assignment? Hellcat. :: She sent it off to Uso's Data Jockey.

Uso would end up pausing halfway out the door to check her pad, and would add one more thing to the talk, "Yes, I'll be co-ordinating things with Vier from the Queen's slave. If you're looking to pilot I'd be happy to have you Errowyn."

"Why are you targeting me?", Jack asked as Yinsar glared daggers.

He suddenly had an idea, " Yinsar, you ingenious SOB!"

Jack turned to Alex without waiting to see Yinsar's response, "Boss, they mentioned artillery, what if I linked the targeting system for my sniper cannon to improve their accuracy?"

Jack said as he leaned down to help Tacticus get up, "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I just didn't want to claim you like some normal tool, you have free will and I wanted you to have a say in me being your owner."

Errowyn stood up and moved from the briefing room. She caught up with Uso and gave her a smile as fell instep with her. "Like old times?" Referring to the take over of 188604.

Uso smiled, putting an arm around Errowyn's waist, "Only they won't be shooting at us with antiques... you eager to get back to being the most deadly mercenary around here?"

The voice in his head startled him, making the robot sit up slightly; though it was more like just raising the upper half of his body slightly to try and look around.

Wh....what's going on? How can you be in my head? Tacticus thought back.

Course things seemed to take a slightly different direction. He never got a apology before though it's not like he needed one. The robot never questioned his owners nor did he really have a reason to doubt them. But...did Jack mean it? Tacticus didn't response at first.

"I don't make choices...I just obey my owners, I've never questioned them. I don't have any other uses besides the farming.." Tacticus muttered.

Errowyn placed an arm around Uso's waist when she did. "Kinda hard when '5' is being worked on at the moment. Waiting for the next shipment of missiles and decoys. Ran out during the last mission. So I'm free for this mission to fly other ships."

She looked down at her Data Jockey as it chimed with an incoming message. She accessed it. She replied back to Tacticus the same way. ~~ "I'm a Neko. You interested in working for me?" ~~ As she walked with Uso with an arm wrapped around Uso's waist.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back