• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Bane Pythus (ISS-BRIMSTONE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the delay, fam. >.<

As a Plebeian, yeah, I’m fine with Bane being a genetic outlier via having an unusually-high amount of facial hair; regarding the gun ownership, I’ll allow it as long as...
  • It’s for a weapon Pythus could have ralistically acquired in-character.
  • It’s sufficiently explained in his backstory why he took such an interest in gun ownership.

I would also appreciate not doing said helping in DMs in the future but, instead, in the approval thread—unless it's a private character review.

This character approval is taking too long.

Any updates from anyone on this?

*facepalms* No, @Wes, and my apologies @Res'sh for dropping the ball on this. >.<

Anyhoo, I strongly recommend that Bane's species be changed from Elysian (Plebeian) to Nepleslian for the following reasons:

If, however, you wish for Bane to remain as an Elysian, the following must be changed in order to avoid conflicting with pre-existing canon.
  1. He needs to be listed as a Plebeian, as someone officially listed as "dead" would not have been able to upgrade into the Caelisolan body.
  2. The "genetic enhancements" mentioned here need to be removed, as Bane - due to being a Plebeian - would have been viewed as highly expendable by his Patrician superiors and thus would not have received genetic enhancements of any kind.
  3. The "fascination with old earth wild west" mentioned here needs to be removed, as Earth does not exist in this setting.
  4. The sentence about "fly[ing] and spread[ing] his wings when he can" mentioned here needs to be removed, as Plebeians are incapable of flight.
  5. The part about him being "one hell of a shot with a rifle and later a sniper rifle" mentioned here needs to say that he was "one hell of a shot with a rifle," as the Elysian Celestial Empire did not (and does not) have a sniper rifle usable by unarmored individuals.
  6. The part about him being "behind enemy lines to take out HVTs in secure areas" mentioned here needs to be rewritten so that he was a rifleman presumed KIA following the Battle of Ralfaris during the Fourth Elysian War.

Nepleslians don't really do huge genetic enhancements; this is why people get made into cyborgs and we have the ID-SOL. The ID-SOL are the genetic pinnacle of achievement to Nepleslia and the rest just juice up or mekboy out.

Last edited:
Good catch, Frost. I don't know why it was there.

@Wes - Didn’t you say here that FMs (which I was, at the time) can step in and ask for changes if a character does not fit within their faction’s canon?

Cool, we're approving this now using the 4th Elysian Empire for the background that way we don't have to deal with beard-hair rules. I'll consider adding something in about how all of the 4th's Elysians have goatees because they are evil or something.

@Res'sh Lets just focus on what matters. Looks like the birth-date is already changed. I can remove the old-west references for you and make them more generic if you like.

This thread does not concern you, @Zack, because Bane is from the Elysian Celestial Empire, not your 4th Elysian Empire. Please do not make any further attempts at derailing it.

It is an Elysian character, and that falls within the background of my NPC faction. There is nothing here about the latest group of Elysians calling themselves an empire. The GM has approved the character, and here's the FM signoff:

FM APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back