• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Bastardpiece Theater [Bastardpiece Theater] Act I: First Steps

Dick came around his loop one more time, an eye for the Fat man and later one for the damn bird. "Think the marshmallow will burn before lands in the fire?" he asked, slowly getting frustrated.

Annoyed, the park officer looked over at Kurt before noticing Dick being harassed by the mutant bird in the distance. It was following close, head cocked to the left, then the right as it rapidly edged closer to the man. An occasional low, curious squawk was let out every few moments as its beak began to snap at the air, the head darting forward on an elongated neck to grab at his sleeve. It looked hungry. Seeing this, the hard stare the cop shot back at Kurt was flatly unamused. "Seriously? You look like a guy that gave the cats a hard pounding for a living - just shoot the things or something," he replied, telling the man to F*ck off.

Just as he turned back to Fran with an apology about being interrupted, a small, adorable looking animal popped out of the bushes Amy had ignored moments ago. A pair of innocent little eyes looked up at her as she watched the fat man. He was finally stopped by Dex as Kira watched by his sie, only to have the little pet catch her attention with a soft, "Kruuuu?"

She didn't get to see the fat man suddenly flail his arms about in shock like a walrus. "Gah! Get away - whatever you're selling, I don't want it!" he barked at Dex, now adamantly set on making it to the ice cream truck as Leona just slowly sauntered away, Fian in tow. She was taking her time, noticing just how nervous he was getting...Leona was savoring it, laughing at his reply!

"Don't worry, I'm not going to bite you," she playfully replied, not noticing the fat man a few meters away to her left. With Fian on her right as she just started to make her way to the fishing spot Nacon prepared - the little Delsaurian cheerfully waving to the couple off in the distance - she was well protected from the ice cream man. But not from Marshmallow at all.

On top of that however, the one, most important thing to remember about the location they were all at?

It was a park.

Cars were pulling into the parking lot not too far away as people piled out. Families were spreading out cloths for their picnics. Barbecues were being started up, fathers delightedly lighting them. Kids ran around playing 'Smash the Squid' while dogs eagerly followed along, barking. All of this utter chaos? Right on top of what was already hitting this little group of bodyguards? It was to be expected in a park, the upper crust of society or no. That was why no one else but them noticed the fat man reaching into his pocket and drawing out his wallet.

Dick never got his answer - a pistol fell out of the fat man's folds, eyes widening in shock as grubby hands made to grab for it off the ground.

"Gun!" Dick called into the radio and pulled out his pointing at the fat man. "I say leave it on the ground," he ordered, making his way over, bead on Mr. Marshmellow's head, "And someone hit that damn bird behind me!"

Fian's skin pricked up at the mention of the G word, one quick glance told him that Mr Fats has (at least) accidentally dropped his weapon, which the Vel Steyr didn't think was odd-really, he would be surprised if someone in Nepleslia DIDN'T pack heat. False alarm. Still, telling someone that they can't pick up their own gun sounded like a bad move on Dex's part, Nepleslians love their liberty and the right to bear arms was one of them.

The MC would have pretended not to notice so the fat man would think this was an oppurtunity to try something, and then capped his ass if he did. One less assassin to look out for. In fact, Fian decided to do that right now, he was already covering her right with this body, he can keep one eye looking over her head and to her left. If something happened it would be an easy matter to yank Leona who was hooked onto his arm and swap positions.

"Officer! These guys are about to kill each other!" Kurt had responded to the horrible move of one of his men by feigning panic and excitedly pointing at the situation - at least it would hopefully force the police officer to act on it and to act as an unwilling part of their perimeter.

At that, Kurt ran off from the area in a faked panic, heading for the next hill that he could find that would break line of sight with the police officer.

Once out of sight, he planned to scout the perimeter for suspicious activity - or act as a first deterrent.

Kurt sat down for a bit and pulled out a cigarette, lowering his head so that noone would see him talk to himself. "Get confirmation on the guy, then get the princess out of here. Now we're exposed." Kurt lit the cigarette and stared off at something, as if very interested in it, to give the impression he was talking to himself. "Nobody freaks out about a loose gun unless they're protecting someone."

Fran hadn't needed a hint, having made a beeline for an interruption in the line of sight with the park cop the moment the well timed distraction had occurred. Her cheeks by now where a decent shade of pink, the scrutiny of the man's obvious intent having left her uncomfortable and very.. very.. annoyed. Finding solace and shade under one of the park's larger trees she stopped and regained her bearings, she noted with some annoyance that she was to far away to rejoin the main group without arousing some suspicion.... then again so many well dressed men and women around a little gi- young lady she corrected herself, already stood out like a neko in downtown Funky City.

Sighing as she crossed her arms and leaned back against the ridged bark of the oak her green eyes continued to watch and observe the situation from a distance, wincing at the act that effectively made them all obvious if they hadn't been before. Distance was now her best friend as the scene involving fowl and foul played out next to the icecream truck.

Kira moved closer. She did not like how situation went. If they had any possible cover, Dex just blew it. They could have just wait and see and if Fatty McPigson would try something, she would simply plug him. The way she holstered her gun was comfortable and easy to access. Ifs and would be no longer mattered though as Dex decked the man.

Kira opened her jacket and moved closer. With swipe of hand she kicked the fatman's gun from his reach. She then stepped to it and picked it up.

"Ah sorry," she said with a polite smile. "Nice pistol, I have a look yes?" She added and proceeded to check the weapon and its ammunition.

"Aww shit!" The fat man immediately fell back on his ass once Dick drew his firearm on him, and then dragged himself backwards in a feeble attempt to get away from the armed man. His weight effectively kept him grounded, as he was able to get up for a slight moment, only to topple over onto his back.

The fat man squealed out a "Don't shoot!" and raised his hands up to Dick.

Unfortunately, the commotion caused by all of this forced the police officer to intervene. It wasn't as if people drawing their firearms on each other was a rare thing in Nepleslia, but this was one of the few rare public places where people could go to feel safe. Like many law enforcement officers in Nepleslia, this particular one was in the military service, and it would show as he rapidly closed in on the group.

Unlocking the safety mechanisms on his holster, the officer unholstered his firearm and now slowly approached the group in a low ready position. He noted the large amount of suits, what appeared to be a married couple with the husband protecting the wife with his body in...almost a professional way. Then he saw the fat man, his gun, Dick drawing his gun on him, and the dire pigeons.

If the cop wasn't so pissed off, he'd be laughing.

"What...What the FUCK is going on here?!"

=============

Meanwhile, across the lake from the group sat the same figure who was shadowing them from before, only now wearing a ballcap that he had tucked in his back pocket, covering the distinctive scar on his head that was visible from before.

He seemed absorbed with the small tablet-like device in front of him, which was blaring loud, classical-style music. He was leaning against one of the arms on the park bench in a very lazy manner, almost just lying on the bench, keeping his head pointed away from the group.

However, he was watching the events unfold the entire time, straining his eyes to look to the side at the group. Seeing the fat man go down, he immediately turned off the music and opened up some harmless-looking application on his tablet, which displayed a white window with a blue icon in the middle that simulated radio waves emanating out.

The man touched the icon in the middle, which chirped for a few seconds, then pulsated.

"Tony's been compromised. Get the band together."

Kira's hands work fast as she noticed the approach of the officer. Just a few seconds an the fat man's Zen Arm .45 was took apart. Slide, breach and mags were in one of her hands, while the body was in the other. She then simply let it fall on the ground in front of him.

"Hoops I am so clumsy," She said with a smile, before she turned to face the officer. "Dex, watch the fat-man. Dick say you were afraid of the bird-things. Pretty boy I think you should get the princess out of here, yes? Unless boss-Kurt has anything against it." She whispered into her radio.

Few steps toward the cop who was still a bit further from her and Dex. She raised her hands and showed him her palms. "Hello officer. Everything a-okay. The fat man just fell down, no need to draw a gun on us, yes?" She said with a smile on her face.

"Yup." Was all Dex said in reply to Kira as he attempted to seem like a helpful individual, reaching down to grab the pieces of the man's weapon. Deftly removing the firing pin in a way he hopes no one would notice before handing the pieces to him. "Sorry, bud." Said Dex as he stood and turned to walk away, giving Dick a look that seemed to say "are you fucking kidding me?" Though he quickly turned his gaze away else someone pick up on the unspoken sentence.

Dick looked up at the police officer and sighed, though the foot steps of the pigeons behind him didn't help ease his mind about anything. Regardless, seeing the fat man's gun disabled, he put his away, "I guess the birds were bothering me more than I figured." Dex's look prompted a slight eye roll, but the pharmacist's relent was complete, "Sorry, man," he sighed again and held his hand out to the one the had just threatened.

She was starting to get angry, this whole thing was turning into one great big pile and here she was.. in the open... in the absolute most hated position to be in... exposed. Her hand briefly reached into her coat... checking the safety for a bit of assurance before she keyed her mike.

"Sirs and Ma'ams considering the way this is going... I'd think it'd be a wonderful idea to get the fuck out of here before we all die of idiocy." Her emotions bled into the words as the expression on her face degraded from annoyed to outright angry as the chaos around the group continued to get loonier and loonier.

The sounds of small lady feet stomping the ground would suddenly give pause to the entire situation.

The police officer was staring at a seemingly grown woman tugging at her own ears and stomping on the ground in an incredible temper tantrum, screaming with her mouth closed as well. The officer surveyed the group, then looked back to her, then to the group. A look of what can only be described as pent-up persecution boiled to the surface of his face, and the officer simply shook his head, holstered his weapon and walked off.

After a few minutes of fake tantrum, Leona giggled and hugged Fian's arm. "It's amazing what guys will do when they see a lady in distress..." she looked up to Fian "...right?"

At that, the distant sounds of a rock concert were heard, and were noticed by several of the nearby park-goers. Eager to get away from the little ball of fury that the group was standing around, they rushed off.

"A concert!" Leona's grip suddenly tightened on Fian's arm. If she were confirmed as a hostile element, it would seem that she was actively trying to break it, but she was merely lost in a swirl of excitement. "Lets go see it!" She stared at Fian in a very serious manner, now "...or else I'll hold my breath until I DIE."

The dire pigeons had backed off, seemingly not wanting to be cooked later tonight.

Hearing Leona over the earbud, Dex shook his head. "I don't think that's such a good idea. It would be too hard to keep our eyes on her." mumbled Dex into his mic. Something in the back of his mind told him they were going to end up in the middle of the show and get caught with their pants around their knees.

"What's the call, boss?" asked the marine as he waited for a go or no-go from Kurt.

Noticing he scared the guy more than he needed, Dick sighed as the cop walked away, though Leona being the reason started getting him a little nervous. Her next demand would only further his appreciation of the moment and Dex's response over the radio echoed what went through the pharmacist's mind. "Unless you've managed to completely override your body's reflex to breathe," the academic began, "your lungs will force you to start breathing again before you reach dangerous levels of hypoxia."

Kurt replied over the comms, "The last thing I need is for our employers to have to deal with this little bitch." He pulled out a cigarette from his suit's pocket and went to work on it a little, taking a few drags from it in order to look less like a focused team leader and more like some rich bastard on a leisurely stroll.

"Furthermore...I want to find the people trying to kill her, and I'm not going to let us leave here without having done something fucking productive. There's going to be more bodies in the way of potential bullets in a crowd. I want Vel Steyr and Dick close to her and the rest of you positioned close enough to them but at different points in the crowd to respond in different directions."

Kurt noted that the concert was taking place in a rather small amphitheater, with a shell enclosing where the band was playing and circular rows of seats made up of small stone benches. "Think of all your fellow concert-goers as mobile cover if things go south. Watch the fucking vendor booths to the 6 o clock of the amphitheater. Vel Steyr, move out with her..."

Positioned on top of a hill under a tree, Kurt had noted the same suspicious man from before packing a tablet up and walking away. "I need to check up on something. I'm cutting off chatter on my end for a bit." At that, Kurt moved after him.

Seeing as there was no reaction to his statement and their wise leader deciding the concert was an excellent idea, Dick shrugged his shoulders and waited for Leona and Val Steyr to start. He honestly thought someone would at least wrinkle a nose at him or even ask him what he meant by it; but apparently he had given everyone enough trouble as it is. The pharmacist then looked in the direction that was behind the ice cream stand again, wondering if another one of those damn birds were going to poke its ugly face out.

Once upon a time, a poor nurse was crying and broken over a glass of what at that time was probably an even mix of alcohol and her own tears. In the next room was the cause of her bottomless, burning suffering; a small little girl stomping her feet on the ground and throwing food around a very expensive-looking dining room, shouting implications that the nurse would get blamed for the mess that little Leona had created in order to get her way.

That was several years and about 50 broken maids ago. Now, in the present, Leona was not going to allow some man in a suit with a gun challenge her willingness to get her way.

Making a huffy face that would have looked adorable on a child, Leona squeezed Fian's arm even tighter without regard to how limbs are supposed to bend, stared at the back of Dick and held her breath.

After feeling that the birds weren't going to come looking again for a while, Dick looked back around to the group. At first he hadn't taken notice to Leona's dramatic attempt to out mule him until her face started turning red. When he finally noticed, the pharmacist only shook his head, wondering if she had heard that they would be going to the concert; but he figured their young charge needed to get this out of her system before they could move on.

With situation getting better Kira had a good look around. She did not like the fact of going where the young miss wanted to go right now. A lot of people there, it would be pretty much impossible for them to protect her. If anyone would just try to shoot from the crowd, he would probably manage to do so.

"we could jue taze her and drag her into safety, yes?" Kira anoyedly whispered into the radio so the little girl could not hear her.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back