• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Bastardpiece Theater [Bastardpiece Theater] Bastard Operations: Ghosts in the Snow

Kira hissed as anti-septics was poured into her wound by a galon judging by the pain. She blinked few times to make the pain go away and other than that she did not make a sound. She could not wait for Dex to finish patching up the arm, and hoped it will allow her to use the arm to at least shoot her pistol. That said, she was still better off then Fian. When Butterfly bandaid ended patching up her ear she smirked at Dex.

"Butterflies eh? I always was more a ladybug gal." She giggled and got on her feet. She was testing her arm to see how much she can move it without causing too much pain. She really hoped the arm would not be useless for the rest of the mission. "Cannot carry boxes, sorry. Arm hurt, yes?"

Chuckling at the woman's comeback to the band-aid, he nodded at her question. "Yes. No carrying boxes for now." replied the medic as he nodded to Kurt while he secured his aid kit on his belt and checked his weapon. Content with the results, he reholstered the pistol before grabbing one of the nearby racks and pushing it toward the opening of the truck. For some reason he couldn't shake a feeling of unease that was twisting within his gut. "Hey Kurt. I've got a bad feeling about all this." spoke Dex as he grabbed another rack and pulled it behind the other one. "I still need to get a look at the VIP. She had that abdominal wound and could bleed out. Those coagulant bandages only work for so long."

"Newbie's taking care of it." Was Kurt's reply as he grabbed one of the racks from inside of the truck and placed it against the wall of the loading area. "We need all medical attention spared for our team only. I'm sure the new kid's stabilized her already." Kurt took a very quick break to pull out a cigarette and light it. Taking a seat on the raised loading platform and letting his legs dangle above the lower landing, Kurt motioned Dex over.

"Tell me something, Falin. Pure curiosity on my part." Kurt took a long drag. "You got any family left?"

Walking over to where Kurt sat on the dock, he took a seat next to the man as he dug into his coat pocket for his own pack of cigarettes. Finally finding them, he lit one with a flip lighter that had belonged to his father. Taking a long drag as Kurt asked about his family.

"My parents died while I was with the Corps. My sister has been M.I.A. for a few years. So I guess the short answer is no. No family left." Replied Dex as he took another drag of the cigarette before blowing the smoke into the cold air. "What about you, boss?"

Last edited:
Kurt sat there and paused for a bit, before taking a long finishing drag on his cigarette. Ripping the burning portion from the filter and letting it fall on the ground, he flicked it sideways under the Muffin Man truck. "There's few things left sacred anymore, Falin. Family is one of them." Kurt pulled out another cigarette and went to work on it. "When you lose something that important, you need to fill whats left with -something.-" Kurt looked back at him, "Make sure that 'something' is good. We'll find your sister. Watch the entrances. I'm gonna go up there to have a chat with the VIP and get Dick down here. Kira! You're relatively immobile so find a good place to hunker down and fire from."

Kurt started heading for the stairs leading up to their room, and headed up to it "Dick! Get down there and help them out. Let that woman out of that fucking box already!"

Watching Kurt's retreating form, the marine took a long drag of his cigarette. "If only you knew." Mumbled the man in response to his statement about family. Throwing the remains of his cigarette into a nearby snow bank, he stood from the dock as he finished pushing the two racks into the open door.

He needed to get his two patients out of the cold, but he still needed them to be able to assist in the surely closing firefight. Glancing around he found a chair with wheels attached to it. "Fian. Post up in this chair. Stay just inside the doors to stay out of the cold. Kira. Try and use the arm as little as possible. I'll do point security." Said Dex as he passed out the orders. Dropping off the loading dock as he walked in front of the Muffin Man truck and leaned against the front grill while he put another cigarette between his lips and lit it. To the curious onlooker, he should look like nothing more than a bored driver waiting for his next load of product to deliver.

"I will once our driver opens the fucking door!" Dick called back before looking to the driver, "Hey, by the way, I'm flesh and blood Nep, not an ID SOL or a Yammie. So can we please hurry this up?"

He then shuffled the box to try and bare the weight on different enough muscles to avoid dropping their VIP.

"Look sir, blood!" a muffled voice spoke through a scarf.

"Well then?" a baritone voice asked matter-of-factly. Rounding on the man, the seven foot tall giant strode over to loom over his subordinate. "Scan it. And start up a search with that," he explained, impatience starting to creep into his voice.

"Yes sir!"

"It's no problem at all dear. The name's Mattie by the way," the elderly woman in charge of the store had replied to Kurt. Despite what he then asked Nacon however, the Delsaurian unusually didn't reply right away. Before anything more could be said though, things started to blur as everyone began to move. Like a family that had just moved into a new home, they were all trying to set things up as quickly as possible. As Kurt yelled at the others to hurry and open up their Nekobokksu upstairs however, the granny in charge came up and stuck out her cane. The tennis ball at the end bopping the container a few times, she went on, "How you doing in there sweetie? We'll open it up in a moment, but if that doesn't happen, we'll give you a few air holes!"

By then, Nacon was back in their ears again. "Oh, things are getting a little tricky - they're like a nest of mitewolves that got firebombed," he finally replied to Kurt. "They're stepping things up, trying to patrol and search everywhere. They already passed over this safehouse twice before their sweeps moved on." The sound of a claw scratching dry, scaly skin could be briefly heard before he continued. "And no ETA on evac. All spaceports are locked down - they have a lot of leverage, but this is why you're all here," Nacon started to explain.

But then he didn't go on.

"Changing topic - FYI guys, it's a little worse than I thought. You see..."

"Boss, some of my boys you lent a drone to have found a car with traces of the blood found at the scene - they're closing in on it right now," one of the gang leaders spoke up over the radio.

"No! Tell them to back off you Fu - "

"The bad news, is that they found Redhead and Prettyboy's blood at the site," Nacon started.

"Are they going to wreck my store soon?" Mattie asked, worried.

"Oh no, that's where the good news comes in - " an explosion erupted in the distance several blocks away. " - the boobytrap worked just fine and threw off their search! We got a few good days I think. They can't keep the ports locked down forever, but we need to do something to throw them off some more anyways," the Delsaurian mused. "Anyways, that can wait - open up the box of kittylitter already."

Fian looked at the wheelchair and was repulsed slightly, it was hard enough for his pride that he had to wobble around like this instead of being a whirling dervish like he was used to, sitting in that wheelchair would absolutely kill it. A few test steps confirmed that he could move at walking pace at least.

"No thanks, I'm good." He grimaced. Maker damned leg injury shouldn't have kept him down so much, he wondered if it would have been preferable to have been shot elsewhere, in the earlobe sounds good.

"Now lets see if all that blood sweat and tears was worth it." He wryly commented as he undid the locks and opened the box that Dick brought in.

Last edited:
Kira also walked around holding her arm to her side. It was not that she could not move it now, but she wanted to move it as little as possible. The Kuznietski woman walked to Fian who wobbled around. She digged the second stimulant shot and offered it to him. "You take this, yes? You need more then poor little Kira." She said.

Since Kurt started using their names openly, Kira was okay with mentioning her name like this anyway. She also noticed that Nacon used word Kitty Litter when mentioning opening the box with their little. Why the hell would he calle it Kitty Litter? Was it some nepleslian custom? It would though meant that the VIP in the box was probably not wanted as calling her kitty-litter was not very nice.

Continuing to lean against the truck, Dex listened to everything from their Overwatch. 'Kitty litter?' thought the man. 'Does that mean? No. We wouldn't risk our lives for one of them. Unless...' the man's mind continued to run rampant while he watched the area for anything that seemed suspicious. "Hey Dick. Where the hell are you? It's kind of hard to effectively secure an area when two of the security team are injured. Find somewhere inconspicuous to set that MG up as well. On the off chance they get lucky and find us, we're gonna need some heavy fire while we load everyone up to move." spoke the NCO over the radio. "Kurt. I need one more body down here along with Dick. Got any volunteers up there?"

Lucky swept through the room, quickly, and then came back to the box, which had been sat down, finally.

He examined it, speculatively, for a few moments, considering their options. Finally, he pulled his scarf down and looked up at the granny, then at Kurt, who had come up to the room to speak to the 'VIP'.

Lucky could feel the hair on his tail stand up, a feeling that had started when the Delusarian had mentioned the blood. If they started scanning biologically in the area, or if they ran tracers out on the blood of the crew, there would be worse problems than simply being found - they'd be found out. Not just this operation, but most future operations could be jeapordized. He sighed, then coughed a bit, clearing his throat.

"Probably not a good idea to take it out of the crate," Lucky mentioned to Kurt. "If they've scanned this building twice over, they're liable to do it again. Figure this building's got a basement? Might get better protection down there, than in this room."

"Our VIP is not an 'it' you know. She is a girl." Kira let herself be heard as the newest member of the group spoke up. She finally got a good look at him and noticed he clearly was not a nepleslian. The tail was good giveaway. Also she noticed his strange nose, after he pulled the scarf down.

"Oh no," Mattie sweetly reassured Lucky, waving a politely dismissive hand.

"This has been in the works for quite some time, so the building, and this room in particular, is perfectly safe from their scans," the little old lady started to explain. "Rescuing this poor girl was only the excuse needed to get everything else running. But enough about that." Again, she lifted up her cane and rapped the tennis ball on the end against the lid. "Hellllooo? Are you okay in there?" Pursing her wrinkled lips into a frightened frown, she looked at them all. "Can...one of you open it up? Please? You all made it sound like she was hurt earlier!"

Finally, with the box out of his aching grip, Dick made his way back downstairs again.

"I'm coming!" he called down, "Keep your damn panties on!"

The pharmacist then made his way cautiously out to the truck, looking out for any signs of trouble before taking a spot against the truck near Dex and crossing his arms.

Lucky glanced to Kira, sizing her up - and particularly noting the dressed wound. That did not go very far towards impressing him.

On the other hand, she had a sort of very-Nepleslian charm about her beneath the gruff. Again, he felt his tail curl beneath the long, winter coat he was wearing to conceal it.

"If you say so," he said. "Regardless, if we open that box, and a scanner passes over this shop, again, we're going to be pinned. Fast."

Last edited:
"I think what the kind woman is trying to say," Came a voice from in the box. "Is that this room is designed to mean that isn't a problem."

She stayed silent a second longer, listening for, and finding an absence of the sound of the locks on the box coming undone. In frustration she kicked up against the roof of the crate as best she could from her position curled up on her back. For a moment on the way up, bouncing on the steps she had contemplated trying to shoot a few holes through the top with the pistol she still had in hand. Then she'd remembered that the group's apparent commander had said it was bulletproof.

"Can somebody please let me out of this thing?" She kicked again, "Its stuffy and the thing is starting to smell like - sweat and muffins. Sweaty. Muffins. It's gross."

Last edited:
As the boxed up girl became intimate with the unique smell of her metal coffin, Fian was busily undoing the latches of the container. Just as the last was undone, another swift kick from the inside sent the heavy lid flying open, the edge smacking hard against Lucky's knee. The pain was sharp, sudden, and accompanied by the smell of sweaty girl and muffins rushing into the rest of the room.

Seeing the arrival of the pharmacist, Dex nodded. "About damn time. Keep an eye out. I'll be back in a few." spoke the marine as he flicked away his finished cigarette. Pulling himself onto the loading dock, he entered the building and made his way upstairs taking the steps two at a time, and finding the door he needed. Opening it just in time to see the lid of the box fly off and hit an individual he could only assume was their mysterious driver. However the smell of sweat and muffins weren't lost to his senses as he quickly pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it with the hope the strong scent of the tobacco would provide a slight reprieve from the odor.

"Is she still alive?" asked the medic through a thick cloud of smoke.

Lucky swore in a language he didn't know he knew.

He stumbled to the side for a moment as his leg went numb, and then he growled - a throaty, inhuman growl that, very frankly, he did know he had in him.

"Fucking kicks like it."

Recovering a bit, he shouldered the shotgun and trained it on her.

"Out of the box slowly," he stated. "Hands where I can see them."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back