• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Bigger Problems] Wake up Raph, we got shit to do!

Z

Zack

Ivory's Home, Somewhere nice, Late.

Ivory would gently nudge Raphael awake,

"Honey, I think someone is in the house..."

There was the sound of the front door closing, as well as muted footsteps downstairs. The look on her face was confirmation enough... quietly sliding out of bed, and going to get her gun from the locked safe under the bed.

Raph stired quickly and pulled his silenced Zen .45 from the nightstand and a combat knife. "Stay here." He said softly, as he tucked his wings into his body. He crept to the bedroom door and quietly pulled it open. He cleared both sides of the door before he peaked out and started softly padding to the stairs.

He raised his gun in his right hand and held the knife in a ready position with his left as he moved down the stairs, careful not to make a sound.

"Now is that any way to greet your mother?"

The voice was familiar, one of the Seraph's from before... standing by the door way. Another in the corner by the window... while Raph's mother was standing in Ivory's living room. A certain look of distaste on her face when she saw he was still with Ivory.

Raphael straightened, a cold chill running down his spine. "Mother... To what do I owe the distinct pleasure of you breaking into the house? Please come in by the way. Do I need to put on pants?" He said in about as controlled a tone as Raph could muster at the moment.

"Still not taking your responsibilities seriously," She said, her tone steady and unyielding, "I need you to deliver a message to your boss, and I need you to do it now. That I am here should drive home the urgentness of the situation."

Raphael ground his teeth in frustration. "Why didn't you just send the message to her then if it was that important. Why break in here?" He asked as he walked back up the stairs towards the bedroom to get dressed.

He strode in quickly and gave Ivory a reassuring nod and gave her hand a squeeze as he threw on clothes. "Mother is here..." He said quickly as he dressed, and walked back to the stairs in an under shirt and black pants.

Ivory would remain upstairs, letting the two of them talk.

"Because I expect I will need to talk to her in person, if you can not convery the seriousness of the request.

My government wants all of her ships to participate in an upcoming military action. I would prefer it if she does not refuse this request."

"All of the ships? Just what kind of military action is taking place? Who or what are we supposed to be fighting?" He asked, crossing his arms and keeping his eyes on the Seraphim guards around the room.

The two Seraphim seemed fairly relaxed... or as relaxed as their featureless, eyeless, facess could possibly look. Their long fingers and pale heads extending out from the loose fiting clothing covering their tactical harnesses and rifles.

"We will be providing a full brieifing once the operation is underway. We will be removing the main source of NMX starships from the area.

This involves everyone..."

She paused for a moment, letting those words sink in,

"The Elysian fleet is the only think keeping them from killing off everything between us and Yamatai. We expect everyone to participate in the upcoming fight."

He paused as he heard those words. "I'll pass along the message." He finally said. "Anything else mother?"

"That this is the carrot. Co-operation in defeating a common foe.

If you do not help, we will come back with the stick.

I would rather not be put in a position where I would have to kill so many people just to make a point. But I will do it to save our people."

Raph sneered. "Of course mother. I sadly would not put it past you to kill anyone who stands in your way. Hell you'd kill me if it was to 'save our people.'" He said using air quotes around our people. He had about as much as he could take of the damnable woman. "Is there anything else? Would you like to know that you're going to be a grandmother? To bad I would rather the child never meet their grandmother if it's all the same to you." He said out of pure spite.

"Grow up. Trading such blows should be below you." She locked her eyes on his for quite some time before adding, "I suppose congradulations are in order. If we all survive this... I will send something for the child."

WIthout further consultation she would head for the door, the first Serph already opening it up for her...

"I learned from the best mother. Please, next time would you knock?" He said as she exited the house. He hadn't realized it but his hands were balled up into fists. He extended his hands and flexed them again trying to get the blood flowing to his fingers once more.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back