• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Bloaters/Floaters

Le Blue Dude

Inactive Member
Bloaters/Floaters have been invented by Lyshana, and are available for purchases. They've got many uses, including: Introducing the shipboard AI to chemical driven emotions (Unlike simulated emotions). Serving as pets/guards/emotional attachment. Serving to confuse Freespacers. Acting in any part you need lots of small, specialized intelligences for. The first ship to equip them is the Yggdrasil

Moved to the submissions folder.

I forget what the disposition of this submission was when it was originally submitted. But, this paragraph here isn't enough for a submission. Considering it doesn't say WHAT the floaters/bloaters actually are.

The article I found doesn't mention it either, just just starts in on what they are supposed to do.

I request that you link the wiki page with the "how"s, "why"s and "what"s of this and add the "not yet approved/still in development" tag to the article if it IS up for approval.

Why? it was approved. By Toshiro. Because he liked the ideas of what it could do for the plot on Yggdrasil.

It has already been approved.

It wasn't approved by the tech submission Mod, so it is NOT apart of canon.

In fact you flagrantly ignored the tech submission rules to get around it NOT being approved.

Linku.

Just be nice and don't push your luck, LBD. It was a honest mistake, considering the sporadic manner in which you tend to post tech. But honestly, weren't you asking for help before? It seems like it's being given to you right now.

Funny, I don't see any advice. *Shrug*. Or at least not advice worded such that I can understand what they're advising. And I make a lot of honest mistakes, and have people shouting hellfire and damnation at me.

Gah, I'm pissy right now. I really shouldn't be replying

It might be helpful to add the link to the Floater/Bloater wikipage to this thread for people who are looking at it. Even if you were trying to sell it and not add it as a submission, it might be helpful for future customers to easily find information on this thing.

Toshiro did not approve them LBD. Wes did. Toshiro said he had no problems with it. And I do believe he said this in regards to the Yggdrasill.

Step 1: Click link that says Tech Submission Mods.

Step 2: Be embarrassed.

Approved by Toshi. Quite a while ago.

Stuff like that ^---is a no no on here.

Also, question. If they were already approved, why bring them back up? It is somewhat confusing as this could've been avoided. You could advertise in the public communications forums btw. :)

Because Kim moved them here on an honest mistake. Anyway, I was being snippy to Cora. I apologise for that, but it WAS approved, and Toshiro IS a tech mod. I just didn't remember it was Wes.

No worries LBD, I editted my post to reflect my knowing this. Also, I put in some info in it. Broadcast sales in the public communications forum. Civvies and or military maybe interested.

Actually, I have found this in the Submissions and Suggestions forum, so I assumed that this was a repost. Otherwise, I have no idea why this was posted elsewhere as it is not really enough information to even advertise this as a product ICly.

When I see things like this:

Le Blue Dude said:
Post subject: Bloaters/Floaters
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Bloaters/Floaters have been invented by Lyshana, and are available for purchases. They've got many uses, including: Introducing the shipboard AI to chemical driven emotions (Unlike simulated emotions). Serving as pets/guards/emotional attachment. Serving to confuse Freespacers. Acting in any part you need lots of small, specialized intelligences for. The first ship to equip them is the Yggdrasil.

I assumed this a resubmission of a new technology because there isn't actually enough information to go from on this brief description.

Since this was already approved, I would like to know WHY it has resurfaced in this section of the forum with what appears to not really be any updated info.

I don't know: it wasn't originally here. Someone must have moved it. Before it was just me telling people that it was finaly finished IC after the OOC approval.

You posted it in the non-RP forum, but it was RP-related to so I moved it to roleplay-related discussion, where it belongs. I'm moving it back to RP-related discussion now.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back