• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I've only observed it, unlike you I have not experienced that situationl. It happened while I was aboard the Bouken. Two different families with the same kind of problems. The children wanting to so some thing radically different than what their parents had planned for them." Sune paused for a moment, "Raia's father wanted her to marry a young man from another ship. But Raia had no desire to marry the man. Her plans were to have her own ship one day, to be a captain like her father. I spoke to her mother after Raia and her father had quite a confrontation. She shared her insights with me."

"Interesting" he muttered to himself. "Quite interesting. Parents trying to arrange marriages can be the hardest thing on a person. It can be traumatizing, harsh, and completely unjust." Ramiro paused for a minute before he reverted back to a small detail that had presented itself while Sune was talking. "So you have been on another ship before? Was that a Yamataian vessel? And was it science and research, transport, or meant for battle?"

Sune smiled at Ramiro, "Actually I have been on two ships. The Bouken was a civilian freighter. Her crew were not Yamatai, they were human, but they were good people. I lived with them for awhile. Eventually we encountered a Star Army Scout ship and I asked for passage back to Yamatai so I could serve in the Army."

A little warning pinged, signaling that the transient crew quarters were very close by. Pausing for a moment, Takeda Junko pulled up the map the Gemini Star Fortress’s computer had given her. With added confirmation that her destination was nearby, she hoisted her duffel up again and set off. The cruise aboard the transport ship had been less than comfortable and Junko was looking forward to relaxing for a time, collecting herself before the Eucharis returned. With any luck, she would have the bay to herself, affording her a chance to let down pretense.

As she turned the last corner and thumbed the activation key for the door, however, it was quite clear that it was not to be. Smothering a small sigh of hypocritical disappointment, Junko strode towards the tall – compared to her – Yamataians.

“Excuse me, but might you two be Sune-hei and Valencia-hei? I was alerted there were two crewmembers of the Eucharis here.” she asked, flashing a well practiced demure smile before bowing her head slightly. “I’m Takeda Junko, newly assigned to the YSS Eucharis. Please regard me kindly.”

"Actually its Jalen-Hei." Sune said offering his hand. Regard me kindly? What an odd turn of phrase. "Sune is my first name. This is Valencia-Hei." Pointing to Ramiro. "So you like us are awaiting interview with Taisa Hanako or are you already assigned?"

"Oh dear. My deepest apologies, Jalen-hei," she replied, bowing over his hand before taking it. With the help of practice and touch of holographic control, a faint blush touched her cheeks, befitting modest embarrassment. "I am indeed awaiting interview, as you say. I hope you do not think me presumptuous for saying I was newly assigned. Hanako-taisa and her crew certainly have a fearful reputation."

"No need for apologies, its an easy mistake to make. You are not the first." A little over the top with apologizing, it wasn't that big of a mistake. Jalen thought. "No, I don't think you presumptuous. After all who would not want to serve with the legendary Hanako. I tend to take things a bit literally so I came here with the understanding that I was here for an interview, and that my assignment was not a certainty. So when dealing with others, I tend to ask for clarification. Good luck in your interview."

"Even though an interview is required, you have a good shot since you have experience on board starships. I however, have never served upon a starship so my services may not be required on the Eucharis." As he said this he got up, walked over to his bed, and lied down, deciding he was too lazy to have to sit up. "And what of you Takeda? Have you ever served on board a starship?"

"I'm afraid I have not, Valencia-hei. However, I am hoping that my-" A chime from her communicator, the distinct note of a priority message, interrupted her mid-sentence. Bowing slightly to her companions, she turned to the side and pulled it out. Perusing the display for a moment, she turned back, shouldering her duffel. "It appears that the Eucharis has just returned with the squadron and is docking imminently. Shall we head there?"

Sune thought for a moment. "If the Eucharis is docking, then the crew will probably be tied up for a while in debriefing. When they complete that it should be okay for us to go find them."

"I will locate one of the staff, they may be able to inform us as to when the crew will be available so we can our our interviews." With that he stood up and left the room. Ramiro walked around for a little when he finally found an important looking person who he approached and saluted. "Santo Hei Valencia, sir, seeking a person who can be informative on the estimated time that the crew and captian of the YSS Eucharis will be out of debriefing and ready for the interviews of potential crew additions."

After receiving the information that the ship was in repairs and the crew was in the Ikoi and that he could use the visitors entrance he saluted, thanked the officer, and continued onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back