• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Can you really scrap a neko?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
A character thread has spawned a random question from me.

If Yamatai makes a neko and it is defective (not dangerously so, but perhaps enough to disqualify it from service) can they scrap (read: kill) it?

There was that new Imperial law that went into effect that basically says that you can't own anyone anymore. If you can't own anyone anymore (nekos specifically) you can't very well scrap them without committing murder.

The law used to be that a Neko could be scrapped for just about any reason that could be construed as defectiveness, but I don't know whether that law is true now or not.

It remains policy for any physically defective neko to be destroyed before being given their base mental image, and mentally defective nekos are re-imaged or destroyed at the time of creation rather than released into the world. Neko creation is a time-perfected science in Yamatai - defects are extremely rare.

Considering that Neko can, in essence, tamper with their own internal wiring and OS, defects unnaturally could pop up — nevermind natural ones springing from life.

No Neko that's started to live life beyond her starting protocol can remain defect-free forever. All Neko start as sprites, after all, and plenty are messed up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back