• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Cao Pham

Tony Martinez

Inactive Member
Name: Cao Pham
General Information
Species: Geshrin

Family (or Creators):
Father: Dead
Mother : Loan Pham
Sister: Vu Pham

Employer: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment: Assignment Pending

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175 LBs
Measurements: 38, 36, 38

Build and Skin Color: Lean, Muscular. Tan skin
Facial Features and Eye Color: Round face, full lips, Brown Eyes
Hair color and Style: Bushy brown hair

Distinguishing Features: Clean cut

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: Nice, vocal, good nature, good tempered, forgiving, easy going.

Likes: Piloting, video games, nice looking women, the military
Dislikes: Cocky women, being corrected, arrogance.
Goals: To command his own wing. Bring honor to his family.

History
Cao was recruited off the streets by a recruiter. He simply walked in signed the papers, took the tests to fit him, he was fingered for communications but he opted to become a pilot. Months later he was at the local starport hugging his younger sister and kissing his mother bye. He made 22 while in combat training, completed training with seeming ease, and is now currently await assignment from the brass. As for his family life, Cao and his sister do not know much of their father, Only the storys their mother has said of him. Cao's mother was very loving towards her children, but had to spend most of her time working. Cao stays in regular contact with both his mother and sister. Cao and Vu are very close, and growing up the pair were almost always seen together, growing up poor the two had to stick together in school and in most of their daily activities.

Skills:

Communication: Cao is fluent in English, he can speak broken Japanese. He can read english fluently, and some Japanese, as well as compose reports.

Fighting: Basic hand to hand combat training, Combat manuvering, fighting in formation, dog fighting. Graduated as one of the top cadet pilots of his class. He Can operate power armor and fighters with a good degree of skill, he is still a rookie, but his instructors used to say he was a natural.

Technology Operation: Cao is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information. And of course even using them to some degree if the need ever occurs.

Mathematics: Cao received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

Entertainment: Cao is a quick talker and a master of telling storys. He is a decent dancer, and a rather handsom young man. He uses his skills of talking to charm his CO's into liking him. He has put himself into minor trouble for talking a fellow cadet out of her flight suit. The Female cadet later went on record stating "It was worth it." leaving no secrets about how well Anthony acts in the bed.

Cooking: Growing up with a younger sister has gifted him with the skill of cooking. He can make a varaty of foods using next to nothing, in training his fellow recruits used to hound him into making various dishes out of their collective rations.

Survival and Military: Finding water, land navigation, shelter construction, hunting, signaling, camouflage. Cao has basic training in all of these levels of training. It was part the first part of his basic field training.

(More shall be added as this character develops.)

First things first, you need to post your contact details in the 'In and Out' forum. Your character can't be approved until you do.

Secondly there are a few spelling mistakes, for example I believe Father is spelt Father, not Farther. On the other hand that might be the American spelling, I don't know.

Distinguishing Features: Often smokes

Illegal I'm afraid, you can't smoke on Yamatai, or in SA ships. Sorry. There is actually a program for quitting, but it is an enormous taboo.

Uhm ... maybe that should added to the CCG, commenting on the no-smoking thing. Smoking is seen as cool enough for a lot of characters to do it, and so characters are created and then have to be changed. Something to think about.

History is good. I recommend you leave it as it is, except possibly to add something about his family life. We're not great fans of long histories here, believing that such details should be established through RPing, not by what has happened in a past you have fabricated.

You need 7 skills, not four.

Ok well I have edited my profile accordingly. And I agree with much of what you have said, though farther(Father) was more of a typo then any of my own ability to spell. I am still new to this RP and I assure you I shall work to my best to keep my posts clean and easy to read.

But I hope everything is in order, feel free to PM me at frostwing84 on yahoo messanger. Again thank you for your critique.

Improve on the explinations in the skills section and format according to the Template.

Once the skills are refined and the template is fixed. I will approve it

Profile not approved: Fix the above

Osu. Doshii here. I'm a nobody, so don't worry about remembering the name.

Onto the serious business.

Name:Anthony Martinez

This is already interesting. I don't think there's been a Geshrin out there with a Nepleslian name. Most seem to be Yamataian (Japanese). If he is from Yamatai, should there be an explanation for his name? Remember from the CCG that Geshrin are modeled after Japanese and Nordic colonists -- though it seems highly likely Latinos were aboard those ships as well. Haven't found anything like that, though. PNUgen could've created Geshrin with Latino qualities.

I think the last guy who had a SA character who smoked never returned. I don't remember, though. Nepleslia would let you smoke chimnies, if you wanted.

History
Anthony was recruited off the streets by a recruiter. He simply walked in signed the papers, took the tests to fit him, he was fingered for communications but he opted to become a pilot. Months later he was at the local starport hugging his younger sister and kissing his mother bye. He made 22 while in combat training, completed training with seeming ease, and is now currently await assignment from the brass. (I shall add more when read up more on everything)

I'll disagree with Zakalwe here, which is why I'm still a noob. Short histories let your character become whatever they want. You've got a lot of breathing room with this character, and he doesn't seem complicated either. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to spell out a defect or two somewhere under Psychological Characteristics. Such defects could give your character something to pivot on in certain situations.

Then again, being loud and not liking threats sounds like a power armor pilot waiting to happen. Choose your captain wisely. Sounds like Katsuko's already found ya.

Goals: To find love ...

Damn! Finally, a character that just wants to find a partner. Good luck, Anthony; you'll need it.

END serious business.

Zakalwe said:
Secondly there are a few spelling mistakes, for example I believe Father is spelt Father, not Farther. On the other hand that might be the American spelling, I don't know.

You're cute, Tom. Very cute. I'll have to remember this the next time I see you dump a few extra u's into a word that needs one. Viva la Amerika!

I'll disagree with Zakalwe here, which is why I'm still a new role-player. Short histories let your character become whatever they want. You've got a lot of breathing room with this character, and he doesn't seem complicated either. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to spell out a defect or two somewhere under Psychological Characteristics. Such defects could give your character something to pivot on in certain situations.

Eh? I said don't add too much to history. Nice short histories are good! You agree, you not disagree, me no no understand your logic.

(I realise how I just mangled the language, it was deliberate.)

Changes checked. Bio is Approved.

Zakalwe said:

Illegal I'm afraid, you can't smoke on Yamatai, or in SA ships. Sorry. There is actually a program for quitting, but it is an enormous taboo.

Not to mention the program is just plain stupid.

LOL guys he changed it...

It isn't an issue anymore, this is not a place for opinions on the smoking law...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back