• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Carbon 60?

kai said:
Many Freespacer designs make liberal use of a substance called Buckypaper, which I believe is a paper-like material made from Buckyballs.

Fixed.

Carbon nanotubes are also prominent in the setting, used in items ranging from armor to blades.

Yeah buckyballs were exactly what I was talking about. It figures that the Freespacers would come up with something like that, after all the device Im coming up with is is supposed to have been created by a Freespacer.

Anyway, its completely awesome that you guys showed me this stuff, because I was totally too lazy to look into it myself. :lol:

Titus Brutus said:
Yeah buckyballs were exactly what I was talking about. It figures that the Freespacers would come up with something like that, after all the device Im coming up with is is supposed to have been created by a Freespacer.

Anyway, its completely awesome that you guys showed me this stuff, because I was totally too lazy to look into it myself. :lol:

Also don't forget that carbon nanotubes and buckyballs are naturally occurs substances in carbon dust and can simply be made using a carbon arc process.

Of course the amount of buckyballs or carbon nanotubes found in nature is probably like .001% of a less than 1 mg dusk sample--but hey its sill there

RPG-D RPGfix
Back