• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Carthage] Trilos class Minesweeper and Minelayer

Ok, Yes it is near invincible, >IF<adequately>_>
Mainly anti-yamatain for the time being thou, but I don't want to paint myself into a corner. Overspecialization breeds in weakness!
Sorry to start such a tiffy over my stuff thou, sorry all! =/

Bump to have a ruling on the shield, as well as have SRPs calculated and listed, along with damage ratings.

The shield idea is not approved, simply because there was no prior submission to it before from this member.

Furthermore, the SRP issue for Carthage itself hasn't been resolved as well, which leads me to locking this thread until prior notice.

The shield idea is not approved, simply because there was no prior submission to it before from this member.

Could you be more clear please? I do not think that you ment to say that he needed to submit something to the shield to have it approved and I don't remember there being any rules on this board requiring a technology to be approved before it can be submitted for approval.

Rather, what tech problems are preventing this from being approved?

Well, firstly, you're the sort of person whom ought to go ballistic when a complete product is submitted with technology inside it not having been covered for approval.

Secondly, there was the matter of Razeal 'brute forcing' (as OsakanOne puts it, which I feel was appropriate) many of his designs instead of putting them up one by one and dealing with the criticism and adjustments that should go with making a complete submission. I refuse to have him sneak in technology amongst his ships when others have to go the long way around. It's unfair.

If he wants the Carthage project to have distinctive technology added to their ships, he should post them up. At least in that manner he'd start showing some consistancy in his ship designs and built up a theme for them which would stop the whining about his creations not being very original/creative.

I am, but I am also the kind of person who dislikes one subject bleeding through to another. In this case SR cost needs to be listed for this ship. SR procurment and spendatures for the construction of this ship does not belong in this thread.

There has never been a rule before about how many submissions one person can have floating nor do I see any reason why there should be float limit imposed as there is no harm in floating for anyone on this site except for the float-ie as they will probably have to wait longer to get approval for their stuff.

I belive he has been showing not only a consistantcy in the type of technology which has already flavored his ships in the manner befiting of something out of mad max. I also do belive he has been posting which is the very thing you were complaining about him doing in your previous paragraph.

Well, you know, there is such a thing as common sense. That's why there are moderators around instead of bots. *nods*

I'm not going to start making a fur coat before having hunted the bear pelt. This was a 'get the bear pelt before making the coat' issue.

As for the subject thing... well, I'm not the one slapping [Carthage] in front of everything... ~_~;

I do not belive anyone has taken issue with people tagging their stuff NDI, KFY, NAM, or whatever before.

This is also not an issue of what comes first as that is done in character on the roleplay boards.

I tag it Carthage so I can find it easier ^_^;; And as for the overall ship designs, they do their job o_O. I don't see any pics for the majority of the already existing ships designs the Sakura and that other yamatain combiner o_O. SRP calculations are coming shortly, now that I have all the info I hope I need. And the reason I do so much at once is that all these ships have to work together. Otherwise I would have to go back and keep modifying and resubmitting already existing designs. I Haven't submitted half or more of my ships, because they haven't even been written up yet, BUT they all do have a place in the fleet.

To be clear -- you realize that though you get all these ships approved, it will take a long time to build this fleet you speak of, right?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back