• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Casually pokes his head in...

Gabriel

🎖️ Game Master
Hey guys,

It's always fun to occasionally poke my head in and see how the community is doing. I'm glad to see that everything is still going strong. I'm also glad, as always, to see that I still appeal on the list of most posts xD

So how is everyone? Anything super duper exciting that I've missed out on while focusing on school?

'Ey Gabby. We've had a shift in the community, with many longtime Nep vets exiting. It's been hard, but exciting to see newer players step up.

Nice to meet, you, I'm mostly known as Ame. It is true some people have left but there are a lot of new players like myself for you to get to meet. I actually think I have been here since before you focused on school more, but never got a chance to meet you before now. I updated SA Science page, which I think is exciting. Not super duper, but still exciting to me as I love tooling around on the wiki. What do you like to do around here?

Yeah, it's been quite a while since I was active. 2 years, maybe 3? There was a brief period a year or so ago when I tried to get active again, but... Well that didn't quite work out as planned. Unfortunately, schools is about a 16 hour per day enterprise for me, so things like "hobbies" are "fun" are a definite no-go. I'm lucky I get my one day of LARPing every other weekend.

Oh I was misreading dates and assumed it was August of this year, my bad! What do you LARP and what are you going to school for?

I'm in Law School in Nebraska, and I LARP WoD with the Mind's Eye Society. I'm debating trying to hop back into SARP, and if so only for one plot. But I haven't quite decided yet.

Law school will do that to you! I hope you're getting out in at least the near future! It sounds like you'd really like a creative outlet again. There are a few plots that you'd probably want to join, but I'm on the Sakishima and you can get away with posting once a week, it's really relaxed and mellow so far, it has the world famous Gunny, and is on Yamatai right now. Were you thinking of a specific plot, instead?

I'm doing an accelerated JD program, plus internship for a Master's. So I'll graduate with the JD May 2018 and a Master's Dec 2018.

If I were going to do a plot I'd probably poke @Wes and see about getting Ramiro back home to the Eucharis (you even are empty an Starship Op!). Ramiro is my first, and if I were going to do only one he would be it.

That should offer you a really rewarding career once schooling is over. 2019 is going to be a good first year out of school for you!

Ramiro seems like a stern, but cool guy. I'll see you aboard if you end up re-joining the beautiful Eucharis. It would be nice to have you aboard and I hope you have fun in your spare time, regardless!

I'd love to have you back on the Eucharis.

Realistically, with the amount of time I spend scrolling through Facebook I could probably replace that with something more productive like SARP. I think last time I returned I may have bitten off more than I could chew by immediately jumping back into 3 characters.

I'll cave. Let me know when a good time to drag Ramiro back to the Eucharis would be.

Okay. Maybe after the current battle scene is finished. In the meantime, feel free to hang out. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back