• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny Catching The Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Inactive Member
"Today has been more than eventful." Ichi thought as he started to see the Huge YSS Destiny in the distance.

He had just dropped out of Hyperspace travel which was amazing especially from his point of view of it. Unlike being in a ship hyperspace in a Suit of Power Armour was, and Is more of a direct feeling of travel but also much more exiting.

Though the thoughts in his mind quickly faded as the Destiny came into view "Well that's another new thing." it was doubtful that he had ever seen such a gargantuan craft. Reading over the specifications in his spare time while being transported around but it was very amazing to see even from this distance.

The grogginess from the journey was kicked back by a quick drink from the Sugary Fruit Juice. It had been quite a task to catch up to The Destiny shuttle after shuttle to get to The Horizon he had just missed his assigned ship the destiny finding himself stranded onboard he had called around but had been told that they couldn't help him. So he was ordered to take a Phalanx M1-2B Romeo and catch up using its hyperspace. He had plenty of time to sleep after he caught up with the ship but for now he had to concentrate on the final procedures.

"Hey, UFO, can you make yourself identified?" The AI's voice came through the Phalanx's communication systems. The AI was feeling quite jovial currently after he'd replaced all the coffee in one of the Military Police stations with vodka. "If you could state your intentions as well that would be great."

"Destiny this is Suit Registration XD49859 Pilot Ichi Akashima i am just catching up with you after missing my ride. ive been assigned to the ship and im looking to come aboard over"

he kept his current speed and position waiting for the ok to be given for him to approach not wanting to be frazzled by a close in defense system.

"Right you are. Come in then. Docking bay fifty is ready to recieve you. Sending location. Come join the party." The AI considered for a moment leaving the shields up, just to see what effect it would have, but deciding it wasn't worth it, deactivated the grid that the power armour was heading for.

"Thank you Destiny I am beginning approach." he increased his speed and approached; the ship dwarfing him quite rapidly by the titan of space. He then approached as instructed to on his Heads up Display following a long red line through the deactivated shield grid. Slowing down and gently entering the bay in a almost text book landing until he skidded a few feet stopping his engines rapidly.
He took a deep breath then started to remove the armour.

One of the AI's avatar's apeared in the bay, and walked towards Ichi.

"Welcome to the Destiny. I am the AI. Anything you need, tell me, I might get it. Anything you need?" The Avatar had a charming, disarming look on its handsome face.

"Just some instructions." he beamed "Where am I going to be staying and whats the quickest way to get there? I'm exhausted." he managed to free his upper half and stretched his back "It may be a big ship but its one hell of a thing to catch."

"You will be staying in 'scraper 3, floor 20, room 972. The fastest way to get there is through all of your molecules being transported their instantly through a fluke in quantum physics. However this is extremely unlikely to happen since we have no technology to accomplish it, and it is more likely to be hit by lightning 20000 times in a row indoors than it is for it to happen due to random chance. I would suggest taking the transport module that is outside this corridor and ten feet down. It looks like a lift, you can't miss it. Where do you want you armour to be?" The AI said this all in one long line, not taking a pause to simulate breathe, just because it felt like it.

"armour.. well the dock nearest to where im staying i guess. unless that is full?" he finished removing the armour then reasembled it to make the parts easier to find later and make it easier to move.

"You can either keep it at your quarters, leave it in one of the armouries, or I can keep it locked in one of the rooms set aside for that purpose. I know how attached armour pilots can get attached to thei suits, but I promise that I will keep the utmost care that no-one other than myself get's their hands on it." The AI was wondering whether Ichi would mind the armour gaining a flower motiff.

"Well I think it'd be best to leave the power armour with the professionals." he smiled at the AI "Where is the nearest armoury? I need to pick up my side arm also."

"The nearest armoury is on the third left behind the heavily armoured door. However you can't get a fire arm from there. You'll have to talk to your commanding officer about getting your hands on one." With this he disapeared in a column of light, an effect he had learned from Kip.

He whistled impressed by the show he got from the hologram then groaned turning his attention to the armour. "Well best go drop this off then go find my commanding officer". He sighed deeply looking down the armour then hauled it off to the armoury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back