• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Celebration Planning for the end of YE 36!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're heading into the end-of-the-year Holiday season soon, which means many things. Thanksgiving is coming up for those of us in the USA, and there's also the winter holidays like Christmas and Hanukkah. For Star Army, this usually means the flow of roleplay gets disrupted because people are away for trips to see their family and such.

So what's a roleplaying site to do during these annual and tumultuous times? Join in the celebrating, of course! Starships will often have shore leave and time spent in their home port, whoever is online can link up with other players for short, festive RPs. Traditionally, Star Army. In-character, have the Year-End Traditions. Among these are gift-giving, tree-decorating, and sweets. Lots of sweets. It's a special time of year and a time to reflect on what we've accomplished and who we care about as we count down to YE 37.

So, with December approaching, I wanted to ask you guys what you'd like to see on Star Army once the celebration begins! Maybe a drawing contest for holiday-themed character art? Giveaway threads like the Halloween ones? Snowball-fights? New traditions? Post your ideas here!

That sounds awesome! Now, if only I could draw anything beyond deformed stick-men...

As for events, given the occasion, I should like to see anything that promotes involvement and friendship within the community - so art competitions, writing competitions (say random joint-post buddy-ups to write with new people, or maybe a themed short story/scene competition or group-voted thematic stories), incentives for people to return to Star Army and get involved once more (after all, if the Dark Side has cookies, Star Army should have something too, right?), etc.

I'll throw new ideas into the hat as I have them!

Reactions: Wes
How about a christmas gift exchange between members or their respective characters? Those always bring people closer together lol.

Well, to add on to a snow-ball fight idea; I was thinking more like all out snow-ball warfare! something to be had just for those days of peace when your friends just won't shot their mouths about something so you stuff it full of snow

I might be interested in going for something art related. Part of it depends on my work schedule and my backlog of drawings.

We could have a "party" with everyones characters in rp sessions together
I like this. Maybe something in chat or Titanapad.

Doesn't have to be GM'd. Could be non-canon Open RP.

In the interest of showing the galaxy what a real gun is like, NAM is sending anyone who wants one a High Hybrid Gun on Lewis Pasco Day! These babies will come with a box 100 rounds, 50 standard FMJ and 50 standard JHP. All you gottado? Post in the thread that NAM creates on the day itself with the character you want to receive it and where it the package is to be sent. Limit to one character per player. If you want more, you may buy them at a discounted 50% off on Lewis Pasco Day! Remember, if it isn't a Nepleslian gun, you're using the wrong gun!

Maybe I should just have Deidre allow NAM to develop her variant of the HHG. Granted that sucker's more powerful in all the right ways. Or run a raffle in which NAM pays for several individuals to receive guns from her. All paid for by NAM.

The consequences of a Ketsurui not winning would be all-out war, Fian. Do you really want to risk that? And we all know the MANLIEST Manly Nepleslians would win Mr. SARP.

That would be me! Anyway, I'm down for a giant joint post with the Phoenix Team enjoying themselves with others!

And of course, personal Yuletide/Pasco celebrations in Sargasso!

The consequences of a Ketsurui not winning would be all-out war, Fian. Do you really want to risk that? And we all know the MANLIEST Manly Nepleslians would win Mr. SARP.
I doubt this. In fact, I think the result would be someone getting adopted into the Ketsurui clan, like Hanako and Kotori were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…