• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Misc Change to Bill 95 in regard to Neko Law

Fred

Retired Staff
Princess Ketsurui Kotori, Senator of the planet named after herself, presented herself to the Senate.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen," she coolly greeted. "You must surely have heard of the uproar that came with the recently transmitted 'Nekovalkyrja Upgrade Order', as soldiers of the Empire protested the mandatory change in order to pursue a constructive career in our interstellar military."

"This order, made on policy which was established here, was widely condemned. A substantial amount of people have expressed disagreements, meaning that in our clarification of Bill 95, we have done them the injustice of misrepresenting them."

"It is not my place to raise the issue of how justified Star Army Command and Ketsurui Yui-Taisho's were in making this order. However, it presented an interesting opinion as our Fleet Admiral, Clan Mistress of the Ruling Clan, and Former-Empress expressed the following:"

Kotori opened a volumetric window, with a larger one bearing the same content blinking into existence for all Senate members to read. The Ketsurui Princess read aloud: "As the de-facto leader of the Nekovalkyrja species, I know that in spite of the senate's decision not to grant species status to our bodies, as a whole we are more than just equipment."

"Nekovalkyrja species. Not equipment," Kotori echoed keywords for emphasis.

The Princess let the imprecations of the Senate's credibility in face of the unofficial actual ruler of the Empire unvoiced - it didn't take an genius to understand that the Senate existed at the sufferance of the Empress, and that the Empress was on her throne because the much more powerful Yui allowed her to rule, while she still managed the entire infrastructure that gave the throne power in the first place. Like it or not, the Empire hadn't progressed far enough for the Ketsurui Zaibatsu to not be anything else than its beating heart.

"Now, my proposal is as follows: the Nekovalkyrja is a species, embodied in the model known as the 'NH-29'. Any nekovalkyrja bearing such a body after such this ruling would be natively considered part of the nekovalkyrja species, and considered lifeforms in the same standing as we'd consider any other in our Empire such as Nepleslian, Phod and Kodian. Even if they stop being yamataian citizens, they would still be considered full owners of their bodies, exactly the same as the other species I mentioned in example. This consideration would be extended to any youngling naturally born from a nekovalkyrja as well."

"Being part of the native nekovalkyrja species does not stop at the 'NH-29'; we could easily add to this its close cousin of the 'NH-33' series. However, the 'Tennyo' and 'Ehei' models are the latest offered to serve as Star Army soldiers, and we may still wish to qualify them as 'augmenting equipment' to the nekovalkyrja species until such a point that the bio-engineering behind them become an open secret such as the NH-29 nekovalkyrja is presently for our interstellar neighbors."

"I would add lenience on the civilian front in regard to the availability of the NH-29 body as well," she added. "Any mind-transferred neko into a Yamataian or Minkan body ought to have the chance to be one, and it should still be permissible by law for any native nekovalkyrja to be revived in a NH-29 body. The same distinction would not apply in the military, and the 'use-until-exhausted' clause would be normally followed for any native nekovalkyrja soldier expiring in pursuit of her duty."

The Ketsurui noble emitted a tremulous breath out, and then dared ask: "What say you?"

Iwase Tamako raised giving a slow clap. She smiled at the princess, when she finished. It was a good speech and finally something, Tamako wanted to hear for a long time. Better though, when a Ketsurui-princess presented it, rather then just a senator. This was it was better.

"A fine speech," Tamako said and gave a nod. "I do agree with you, something like this was sorely needed in our empire. Of course let's be frank though, majority of NH-29s is currently in the military. Which makes me question the 'use-until-exhousted' measure. If we are to made NH-29s into species as it long deserved, it should be considered as such in all cases. We do not force nepleslians or elysians serving in our great military to do such things, why do it with nekovalkyrja?"

"I vote NO to the proposal." Came the voice of one of the many senators which stood in representation of one of the many star systems in which the Empire held.

"Extending rights to every nekovalkryja model to be considered as life-forms and citizens is contradictory to the entire concept of the species. Yes, they can be deemed a species, just the same as their Mishhu cousins, which were bred to be armored vehicles. Furthermore, it can be considered quite dangerous to grant the nekovalkryja species recognition as their own race with rights and privileges afforded to the natural born, it opens the door to potential rebellion and mutiny through the abuse of rights granted to them. Frankly, I would loathe to see the day when we are faced with a NIWS wanting to exercise free-will, and more so, if such a potent weapon system wanted to be free from her service, by the rights this senate could grant the piece of equipment if we were to approve the proposal."

"Unlike the natural born, who have the task of asking; 'Why am I here? What is my purpose? What is the meaning of my life?', that dilemma is not something which is confronted by the nekovalkryja species. They have no reason to ask, no reason to question, they were made to serve this Empire, they were made to be biological weapons which would march against the enemies of our glorious imperial leaders. When they were first built by PNUgen, they were made as a product, they were sold in show-rooms, and they enjoyed it. When our great former Emperor Uesu had the vision to make this Empire into what we know it today, he recognized that potential, that desire to serve, that willingness to be a tool used for a greater purpose, and so the Neko species became what we know it as now, a species bred solely to be used as a weapon to continue the legacy of Uesu's will."

"All of this, is a matter of record, a matter of history. If anything, the current generation of neko may just be errors, malfunctions, poorly executed strains of data overcomplicated by the will of a softer time and policy. I propose, we have input in this forum from personnel predating the current generation of equipment which have been corrupted by the promises of 'change' and 'hope' which our current Empress has given to our beloved civilians, and has been mistakenly adopted by our military units as applicable to them. I motion that a summons be presented to Mistress Yui to speak on behalf of the units from the original generation of nekovalkryja, to better understand the very purpose of the machines. I also motion that we open this forum to personnel which were produced prior to the introduction of the NH-22 civilian model line, when the species was meant purely for war, so we can better understand just what was intended for the equipment."

"Let me get this right," Tamako replied from her spot. "You are telling me that if we give Nekovalkyrja a same right, other species in our empire has that they will rebel against us. Instead of when you keep calling them, pardon me, when you keep calling us machines and things will keep us calm and servile. Not to mention proposing here something that will steal our free will and calling us errors and malfunctions. You mister made me want to rebel just now, just because of people like you."

"Emperor Uesu is long gone and things are different. I am sorry if you cannot see that, but the fact that we have a senate proofs it by itself. For gods sake we see AIs that serve on our ships as a beings and you tell me that we cannot do the same with nekovalkyrja? That is preposterous thing to even consider. Besides purpose of Nekovalkyrja were different before the introduction of NH-22, which would say that NH-29 nekovalkyrja, who are the topic of this whole discussion have different purpose then older models and as such your point is moot."

"Ha ha!" Kotori gave a chuckle. "Ha ha ha ha! The presumption! The blind presumption! The comfortable assumptions!"

"I am of a NH-29 - one of the first, actually. As a member of that oh-so-flawed generation, I have started as a soldier and broadened my purpose, and more or less ascended to being one of the people whom help rule this Empire. My errors, my malfunctions, the changes I've pursued, my hopes... let me tell you what they have wrought."

"They have contributed to saving your collective posteriors," Kotori gave a derisive toss of her head. "Had I not been here, in all my glorious errors and defects, you would not be here having the luxury of debating how alive I am, and how I and my bethren choose to identify with ourselves."

"Yui, and other members of previous generations of nekovalkyrja could tell you many things," she admitted. "But theirs are not the only experiences and opinions; and having come before does not make their point of view any more special and credible as to the nekovalkyrja condition, and how it can grow. This is a flawed attempt to hide behind the past."

"I can tell you that I began born as a youngling. That I did devote myself to defend my nation because I wanted to protect it and give back something as token of my gratefulness for my nation's support. But being a soldier is just one of the things I can do; my initial purpose... I outgrew it, because I have far more adaptability than being solely a weapon - ever since our origins, Nekovalkyrja have been given minds so that they could think, experience emotions, learn and grow. It's too late to suddenly regret that and call it a flaw; that part of not having any existential thinking is especially laughable; human society has been a rolemodel to compare myself against and to aspire towards for a long time, until I found my own concrete answers on what I really wanted to be, and what I felt it my experiences had taught me on what it was to be a nekovalkyrja."

"If this is a flaw, how is the nekovalkyrja condition all that different from the human one? Humans start as babes, lack purpose other than wishing nutrition and avoid discomfort, but they eventually do grow and learn and gain such a purpose."

"Besides, are you sure you're talking down the right tree?" The Ketsurui princess sweetly added: "Most of your governmental ruling figures are nekovalkyrja, were born as nekovalkyrja, and are supported by a logistical infrastructure that empowers us which has the slogan 'Made for Nekos by Nekos'." She adopted a blank expression and sarcastically concluded: "Sure, it makes absolute sense to keep diminishing the nekovakyrja and imprecate they are things despite them having gotten so good at being people. Strangely, all of that oddly contributes to them not looking any less credible as lifeforms as the humans do, despite different beginnings."

"Isn't the very fact that I'm here making a stand for this, and the outrage that preceeded the 'Nekovalkyrja Upgrade Order' proof enough that it's high time we just move on, or will the Senate really keep harping about how nekos are really just born as things, even though it'll have zero credibility? Our society has long moved on, and such a stance is just a lame attempt at control - which very frankly I've never found was needed."

Last edited:
Abraham Yamashita stood up in his charcoal grey suit, buttoned up the three-button jacket, coughed, adjusted his light blue tie and spoke quietly into the volumetric, almost invisible microphone floating in front of him.

"My daughter is a sentient being," he said. "She is not my flesh and blood. She also is not a shaving kit, or a truck, or a weapon.

"She is a Nekovalkyrja. A race humans created. A race we breathed life into, and made fight our wars.

"She does not know what it means to be human. She did not experience school, civilian work. She had no childhood, no puberty. She had no parents.

"She does not know life outside of war. Our wars."

The man lowered his weathered left hand when he realized he was holding it up with fingers splayed in discontent. He paused first. His thoughts raced.

"My daughter's experience in life is that of a Nekovalkyrja. She experienced their culture, their heritage. Even if it is only blood and killing, it is hers — theirs. It is not ours. Even those human service members who fought beside her do not understand what it is to be Nekovalkyrja. A warmaiden."

He swept his gaze across the Senate assembly, meeting the eyes of several other senators.

"For us to not recognize what we have done. For us to not understand that Nekovalkyrja are a race apart from humans, worthy of treatment as equals to humanity? When they as a race have shed so much blood for the sake of us?

"There could be no greater shame for our great Empire."

He folded his hands behind his back and raised his voice.

"Yamatai votes YES in favor of this proposal."

He then sat down and unbuttoned his jacket. He breathed deep. He could be rushed out of office in the next election, or he could survive. Either way, he defended the principles of the Empire.

"As a senator of Ahrbeg system I also vote YES." Tamako said with a nod. Words of senator of Yamatai moved. She realised she only talked up until know and did not actually vote. Now it was time to fix that. If one of the Ketsurui and senator of Yamatai itself were for this, then thing were starting to look better already.

The image of a male Nepleslian wearing a SSS uniform, and raven black hair. "I am Gunther Bordold, of Daichi. Point of order. There as been no motion for voting on this proposal made or seconded.

So it is premature to say the least for people to start casting votes. We were stuck with this abomination of law when Proposal 95 was rushed through the Senate and the majority of the senate never had an opportunity to even see it, before it became law.

While I would have voted against that proposition, and I do want to see that law abolished. I want clarification. Because from what I heard it sounds like we are talking about only granting a specific generation of Nekovalkyrja the right to be a species, and self determination. Before we vote I for one want it clearly stated what constitutes the "native nekovalkyrja species" Are we talking about only the NH-29, and therefore casting newer nekos into the same untenable determination of being equipment. I for one am fine with the proposal IF we list the definitation as:

A native nekovalkyrja species is defined as a NH-29 or a NH-33. Regardless of it being created by the military, they are people, and after their prerequisite service should have the guarantee of being a person."

"That seems fair to me," Kotori nodded along. Gunther and she had rarely agreed on anything in the past, so she gamely went along with: "I'm concerned that the parties which so aggressively pushed this forward in the past might object that the state-of-the-art bio-engineering technology involved in the latest nekovalkyrja slip control of the military, or allow our latest technology to fall into enemy hands. It's why I amended them when I started out, and was content to set an open precedent."

"However, I see no reason not to go further and include the NH-33. If I heard correctly, a 'Tennyo' or 'Ehei' away from military supervision will gradually tone herself down to a degree where copy-protection needn't be a concern. So their bodies could acceptably be their own, while the priviledge of seeing it augmented remain the province of the military."

"Now, to implement those clarifications?" The black-haired Ketsurui Princess brought out the 'Restriction on Nekovalkyrja' Law.

Restrictions on Nekovalkyrja
Requirements for obtaining a Nekovalkyrja body:

1. Being a citizen of the Yamatai Star Empire is a prerequisite to use of a Nekovalkyrja body. Any Nekovalkyrja who changes allegiance to another nation must return the Nekovalkyrja body. Failure to do so is a capital offense.

2. A Nekovalkyrja body may obtained by an employee of the Star Army of Yamatai or other government services with approval of the director or manager of such service when use of Nekovalkyrja bodies are justified (e.g. National Police may use Nekovalkyrja bodies because of the chance of combat).

3. Certain models of Nekovalkyrja bodies (such as stealth models), designated by the Star Army of Yamatai, must be relinquished prior to separation from the military.

4. For the purposes of this bill, Nekovalkyrja refers to NH-2 series, NH-7 series, NH-X series, NH-17 series, NH-18, NH-22M, NH-27 series, NH-28 series, NH-29 series, NH-33 series, and future Nekovalkyrja models.

5. Nekovalkyrja naturally born to Nekovalkyrja parents are given automatic citizenship to the Yamatai Star Empire, unless their parents are members of another nation (such as with NMX Nekovalkyrja).

"We could start out with emphasis for Nekovalkyrja as a species, rather than emphasize on obtention of a body from the get go; it just feels like it could be reworded. Number 1 can be removed. Number 2 seems to make sense enough. Number 3 seems well enough covered by the NH-33's copy-protection. We'd need to reword number 4, and could leave number 5 as is."

Last edited:
A Screen popped up on the main wall, It was put there by a senator who wanted a voice from out side the chambers to be heard. He had contacted an old friend serving on a ship. The Screen showed a Green haired Neko. young looking with a marbled gray face. The Chui smiled politely as if trying to hide a great rage. "Senators, I would like to thank you for your time before I start. I am currently a NH-33 Though I have served in the NH-29 originally. on top of that I currently have an NH-29m serving with me aboard my vessel.

I would like to see any Neko no matter the make or model, to be considered for the definition. I have seen what happens when a Neko is looked upon as an object, a tool, a lesser cast. I have seen what a human can do if they truly believe that a Neko is less worth then themselves." the face frowned as she continued. "It is time for Yamati to look upon their defenders as something more then just a slave species that can be up-graded or manufactured in a hurry to just suit Their needs.

The simple fact that you claim we are defective, i'm sorry: 'errors, malfunctions, poorly executed strains of data overcomplicated by the will of a softer time and policy.' And yet still expect us to defend the borders and keep the wolves a bay, shows ether a fundamental lack of respect for the species or, I apologies, a complete lack of intelligence on your behalf. If we are such a failure, then why are we still being used as the largest percent of the military. Why not force your citizens in the military through drafts, and strip their rights until they have served enough to buy their existences back from you."

Chui Katai Yoshi smiled again and bowed to the senate. "Thank you again for your time, and I will be available to respond to any of your questions, I of coarse serve at your pleasure.

"It seems to me, Princess, that you are a piece of equipment which has done as designed." Spoke the senator which stood for the recently re-acquired Asura system. "You were created at a time in our Empire when the Living Property Act, proposal #8, was in effect." started the senator, as he stood and spoke with such certainty, despite carrying the appearance of what Yamataians would ordinarily call a 'Salaryman', but with a sort of distinguished air about him purely brought about by age and by hard features which clashed with his suit and posture. "Where you are now in your life is well past the eighth year of your existence, it is only understandable that you cry out words of freedom and desire for more in your life, as well as the life of your kin, after all, according to the old laws of our Empire, you would be free by now, and that is why that law even existed, because the wise forefathers which stood before your time knew that eight years was just long enough for the children of the Empire to grow into proper adults, capable of being their own person. Even outside of military service, that same eight years stood as the time required for a child to be claimed as property by a mother, until the child would be prepared to be themselves." There was a momentary pause from the Salary Man, as he furrowed his brow behind his thick square-framed glasses.

"What you propose, is that those who are effectively mere children be given rights and freedoms they are nowhere near ready for, nor can even grasp the full scope of. What you propose, is that a creation that should be obligated to serve their mother Empire, be given the opportunity to break away, without so much as a token of thanks in the form of a term of military service in which their rights as free people would be earned." Spoke the senator, as he decided it was a prompt time to address the matter of the younglings.

"As for those born to nekovalkyrja mothers, they should be encouraged to take up the same duties as their mothers, or, perhaps in the future there should be an implemented software and hardware patch which would limit offspring to being created as strictly civilian models. None the less, I do find it foolish that weapons can even have children, but of course, they were given that ability for the sake of renewing the ranks in the field, rapidly, without the aid of machinery and equipment." There was a distinctive sound of displeasure in the senator's voice, clearly, he disliked the entire prospect of the species having the ability to even give birth.

"What we have here, is a situation in which the very purpose of a people has been clouded by absurdities such as living weapons becoming mothers, people obligated to service dreaming about civilian life, and promises being dropped from on-high, giving false-expectations to those which should have a focus upon the very reason they were made; to shed blood, their own, or those of the enemies of the Empire."

"I hereby propose that word of law be adjusted to indicate that military specification nekovalkryja models continue to be considered weapons, tools, machines of warfare, until a term of military service is completed, upon which time they can be treated as lifeforms. Just as it was originally intended in old word of law, before confusion set in."

Last edited:
"Tami votes no to this proposal," Maeda-taisa said flatly from his seat in the Senate. "This issue has been hotly debated, re-debated, and settled already. Democratic and parliamentary processes concerning this issue already occurred and both sides made their arguments and points valiantly. The people of Tami and the Ninth Fleet stationed there trust the Empress's wisdom will prevail in vetoing this measure should it pass, as my constituents consider the matter long over."

Last edited:
"You've certainly little against sending mere children with guns, high-tech power armors and planet-destroying spaceships to war as cannon-fodder; I'd think granting them the freedoms they help preserve for you would not be so daunting. Also, your presumption to tell nekovalkyrja mothers how their offsprings should be raised is amusing, seeing how humans still haven't figured out how to write genuinely helpful instruction manuals on how to raise their own offsprings," Kotori pointed out to the salaryman, her arched eyebrow mostly hidden by her dark fringe of hair. Then she grinned. "Had I the luxury, I'd find your double-standards amusing. I could also go at length about expressing how foolish I find humans such as you constantly trying to belittle and diminish the beings which are in majority ruling the society you live in... but we have more constructive avenues we need to push this dialogue towards."

"So... in regard to your proposition, Senator Asura, it comes a bit too late," Kotori retorted. "Most NH-29s - shipborn or educated-before-deployment - are already old enough to have covered the time requirement of their enlistment contracts, and Senator Bordold already made mention of prerequisite service for NH-33s before earning the same distinction. How amazing that we be - how did you put it? - all confused and yet managed to reach the same conclusion all on our own."

"Never was it suggested that the Star Army of Yamatai be deprived of the ability to create soldiers that would be able to fight for our proud nation," the Ketsurui Princess continued. "The distinction here is that they be considered lifeforms, and that their bodies be considered theirs, rather than equipment which can be divested from them by either the state or its military. No one strips a human of the status of being born human, and the argument here ought to apply to the nekovalkyrja as well."

"This said, I'm not opposed to a NH-29 falling in the line of duty have her next body be a NH-31 or a NH-33," Kotori amended. "One for their choice of taking responsability to pursue a risky career in the military, and second because beggars shouldn't be picky: the choice between death or the NH-33 body is an easy one."

Last edited:
"By Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Katsuko of Yamatai, it was decreed that 'the authority previously granted to the Senate to determine military doctrine, law, policy or operational execution has been removed,'" Hanako pointed out. "In the Constitution of the Yamatai Star Empire, does it not also say, "'The Imperial Senate is vested with the power to manage the financial and material resources of the Empire, with the exclusion of those designated for defense?' It is of my opinion that the Nekovalkyrja bodies are, by their nature, in the realm of the Star Army of Yamatai and that the senate has overstepped its bounds in attempting to regulate them."

Kotori blinked incredulously. "What does Katsuko have to do with this?"

The dark-haired neko shook her head, which Empress was irrelevant, and then said: "The NH-29 nekovalkyrja certainly no longer falls under that umbrella, as it's no longer the go-to model for the Star Army. Besides, Nekovalkyrja happen to have careers outside the Star Army of Yamatai. Namely, the Empress herself. Certain clans whom happen to have nekovalkyrja. Other nekovalkyrja retired from the military. I certainly admit that the matter is more touchy with the NH-33, which was why I steered clear of it at first, but..."

Kotori grinned, warming up to her topic. "If what you mentioned really applied, then the 'Restrictions on Nekovalkyrja' law could never have been passed in the first place, the nekovalkyrja race would not have had their bodies termed as mere equipment, they wouldn't really be considered material resources, and then you'd have it from Yui-Taisho's mouth that we're a species, and we'd come full circle."

Last edited:
"Princess fight." Spoke the Asurian senator, with enough volume to be heard, but without any enthusiasm which should accompany such a moment. If anything, he sounded downright annoyed.

"If I may interject, your highness... either of you... the fact of the matter is that there is cross-division meddling taking place to a level which demands that definitions be adhered to. We are granted this forum by the grace of the Empress, for the purpose of adhering to and establishing the LAW and not the misspoken word of a Taisho, a word which is being stretched worse than a Geshrin girl in a Nepleslian prison by her highness Kotori-hime." There was no kindness in his tone, nothing to be granted to either member of the royalty of the Empire. "By decree of the Law we are unable to conduct further deliberation on this subject, the words spoken by Hanako-hime are accurate, and without debate in this situation. Defiance of this fact would undermine the entire system of government which was so recently ratified."

There was a sort of grim smile upon the face of a politician which had the appearance of a haggard man who worked for everything he had; "Though, Kotori-hime, if you wish to set a precedent, I suppose that we can continue deliberation in a military affair, and perhaps, the military would like to return the favor in kind? One of the problems with your 'species' is the fact that so many of you are too young to remember what this Empire was built upon. Blood, tears, and death. When it is spoken, by the favorite servant of the Mistress of our Empire's military might, that we back down at risk of violating our own laws, then we should most certainly take pause and consider the fact a little more closely. If not for the survival of democracy, then for your own."

Something in the words the Asurian Senator's emphasized sparked furious anger in the Senator of Planet Kotori, though the black-haired nekovalkyrja made a very valiant effort to bottle it up. "You are mistaken, Senator," she replied in a tight voice. "You conveniently added the word further to my sister's quote, making it serve your point rather than your so-called 'letter of the law'. The point is that it goes both ways: the Senate would have overstepped in making the 'Restriction on Nekovalkyrja' law in the first place."

"In which case, the 'Restriction on Nekovalkyrja' law is null and void, as it was raised after 'Empress Katsuko' made a pronouncement to the effect of such not being in the Senate's power. Then I stop wasting hot air with you, Senator Asura, and have this appeal take place with the proper individuals. In the meantime, though-"

Kotori was going to salvage what winnings she could out of the situation.

"The Kotori System motions, on ground of Empress Katsuko's decree, that the 'Restriction on Nekovalkyrja' law be abolished."

Last edited:
"The restrictions on Nekovalkyrja are not a law passed by the senate," Hanako corrected. "Rather, they are a policy set by the Star Army, which controls the manufacture and issuing of Nekovalkyrja bodies based on the Restricted Technologies laws. Nekovalkyrja are included as restricted technology in both the unified law of YE 30 and the original decree by Empress Yuumi:"
No person or organization is allowed to use restricted military or corporate technologies or enter restricted military areas without authorization. Restricted Military Areas include, but are not limited to: Military States (Such as Melanchol, Geshrintall) and Newly-discovered planets and systems on the YSE's borders. Restricted Technologies include, but are not limited to: Nekovalkyrja, HSCS, TDD, RDD, WARMS and like devices, Aether Weaponry, Transposition Cannons, Scalar Weapons, ST/SS Tech, Technology involved in the creation of Zesuaium, Interdictor Devices

Last edited:
Gunther spoke up at that point. "My dear Princess Hanako. If what you are saying was completely true about the government can not make determinations about Nekovalkyrja, then why were anti-slavery laws implemented that prohibited the creation of Nekos deemed sprites. And further that Proposition 95 by itself says that born nekos may keep their body. So if one is born into a body can keep it, then why should not a Neko who was manufactured have the right to keep it.

While it is true that we may not be able to direct the military into action, but the military must be held accountable to the Laws of the Empire or why have it. What we are talking about is about a species of people manufactured, who have the right to self determination. And by the same precedents that the government has already twice enacted laws about them, says we do have the authority."

"That's a giant double-standard," Kotori heatedly added. "Anything that made the restriction stricter passed, but anything that can loosen it cannot?!"

She paused, the meaning of the realization sparking no small amount of horror. "It's like an ever-tightening noose."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back