• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: The Fringe [Chapter 3.1] - Junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabin 3

Six Four stood naked aside from a tanktop and a set of boyshorts staring into the abyss that was the rooms closet. Riffling its damp hair with a mechanical hand it ran over the multible choices of tshirts and pants that it could potentially wear and wondered how its sister could so easily pick out outfits. Deciding on a set of black shorts and a printed Tshirt from Amelia's clothing attire, Six Four quickly put them on before grabbing its data pad off its bed and heading towards the lounge.

Lounge

Six Four walked around the circular corridor towards the lounge, the twenty or so hours had given the freespacer enough time to fashion a makeshift cane for Oreza only resulting minor catastrophe when the drone leg it had planned to use buckled at the joint causing him to fall over. After reapplying ice and giving him a small dose of painkillers, the doctor remedied the situation after finding Sienna's blowtorch to make sure the drones joint didn't move again.

After cleaning up in the office the Doctor decided a shower was in order, as well as a bit of laundry and cleaning of its own body suit. As it was scrubbing down the interior of its personalized dusk suit it figured that it should give its helmet a nice once over as well, seeing as it was way past due for a proper maintenance update. Post shower and roughly ten minutes before deciding to make its way to the lounge the doctor realized that it had no alternate sets of clothes and decided to wear the extra sets that Amelia had, deducting logically that she was not currently wearing them and also that it had no intention of selling them or giving them to someone else so Six Four could wear them.

Entering the Lounge Six Four was glued to its datapad, its heterochromian eyes darting back and forth as it engrossed itself in the chapters of a book it had recently started. Without looking up it navigated itself over towards a chair on the far end of the room and quickly plopped itself down into it.

Lounge

Sienna rested her intertwined fingers atop her head as she reclined back into the couch again, just as Six Four entered the room. The young captain did a slight double-take at the sight of the mechanoid Freespacer dressed in what appeared to be Amelia's Nepleslian clothing, raising an eyebrow as she looked her over from head to toe, a muted, amused smirk appearing on her face for an instant and then fading before anyone saw it. Not bothering to move anything other than her head, she watched the medic take her seat, its nose glued firmly in another book. "How is Oreza holding up?" she asked casually.

Lounge

"Oreza shouldn't be holding up anything in his condition." Six Four said still glued to its data pad, though after a few moments of processing it registered what the capitan was saying. "He is doing well. This one would still like a closer look at the injury but we are lacking several medical supplies in order for me to properly do so. This one intends to get them as soon as possbile."

The doctor set its data pad down for a minute and rubbed a mechanical hand on hits chin, "However if there was a donation from certian members of the crew, This one could go about it that way. You do not have any pathogenic diseases do you Captain?"

Cabin 3

Amelia stirred when the cabin's door closed, prompting her to slowly drag herself out of the bed, standing up in the dark room of the cabin with mild discomfort as her feet touched the cold metal decking. As she waited for her head to clear of the sleepy haze that she was in, she noticed that the room was empty, and also noticed that her body ached all over in a somewhat painful way. It was the constant, annoying pain of overexerted muscles, like she had been doing the run of her life for an entire day, and which, in a way, was true. She decided to distract herself with something, so that the ache was, at the very least, bearable. The prospect was even better when she remembered what had transpired on the previous 'day,' and how she was just a breath away to falling to her death.

The astrogator walked towards her locker to grab a second set of clothes, taking a few more minutes than necessary because she couldn't find the shirt she felt like wearing. Maybe she had put them somewhere to wash later, and only she knew how she did that when there were absolutely no more set of clothes left. Sighing, she put on the usual faded green cargo pants and settled for the black sweater that she usually wore, followed by slipping on the worn-out work boots.

She walked out of the cabin, going through the adjacent one to reach the Lounge.

Lounge

The door hissed and slid open, allowed Amelia to poke her head out into the lounge and see check who the voices belonged to. She waved when she spotted the captain, as well as the Gartagen that they had picked up, followed up by the Doctor. She was more surprised to see the other Freespacer without the suit that she almost overlooked the fact that she was wearing a set of her clothes. Almost. "Is that my shirt?" the astrogator asked in mild disbelief, stepping into the room and allowing the door to slid back closed.

~Lounge~

Six Four looked at Amelia as she spoke to it, blinking a few times before going back to its data pad.

"This one had borrowed your shirt yes. You were not wearing it at the time and this one did not want to parade around the ship in its undergarments. The choice was logical this one will return it once it's things are properly cleansed and hygienic. "

Six Four pondered for a moment if it had accidentally broke. Some sort of code, or perhaps that this particular garment heald some sentimental value. Shaking it's head at the preposterous idea it continued to read it's datapad, reasoning that if it was important it would of been set aside or buried under socks and underwear like most people tend to do with things they want hidden.

Lounge

It took the Astrogator a few moments for her still tired mind to process the logic behind that as she stared at the Freespacer. She felt the indignation welling up from within her chest, making her wanting to feel pissed off about Six Four, but she quickly pushed that back after inhaling deeply as she frowned. Those were just clothes, just pieces of cloth sewn the right way that she happened to have enough of lying around at any given time. "Alright, just," she started to say, thinking over her words. "Just ask me before you need to borrow anything next time," she said in a level tone, although the annoyance of it was still clearly shown on her face.

"How is Oreza?" She asked right after.

Lounge

"This one understands." Six Four said flatly, not looking up from its data pad. Six Four in all realitly didn't understand the situation, more so how someone could be upset by the borrowing of clothing, but the doctor did not outwardly show it. More research to do later.

"Oreza is in stable condition, this one needs a few more medical supplies to fully diagnose or fix the injury in question, but he should be fine for the time being." Six Four looked back up at Amelia after speaking nonchalantly into the electronic device in its hand. "Curious, by chance do you know your blood type? Further more are you a pure nepleslian genetically? Six Four lacks the needed blood or biosoloution for a full operation on someone Oreza's size, would you care to donate?"

Lounge

"I guess I wouldn't mind, I'm an oh-negative," Amelia said, leaning against the wall next to the Cabin 2 door and crossing her arms in front of her chest. She wouldn't mind going through the process, she wasn't afraid of needles anyway, although one thing still irked her on the back of her mind."I though he broke a bone, why does he need a transfusion?" She asked in mild confusion, tilting her head to the side.

Lounge

"Oreza does not need a transfusion." Six Four replied flatly, "This one is more concerned about the blood replacement during and after surgery. Preferably this one would like a saline solution but this one did not bring any in the supply crates that it had brought aboard."

Six Four's metal hand rubbed its chin, its face perplexed, "Which is odd considering this one was sure it orginized them to contain at least five bags a piece, peculiar, however that point is moot seeing as we have nothing in general for fluid replacement. This one does intend to acquire some once it is able. "

The Doctor quickly went back to its data pad after it made a small chiming noise at the freespacer, "However, it is not an urgency. This one would like to get a visual perspective on the injury but this one also a bit trigger happy? Is that the phrase? When it comes to preforming its primary function. This one needs to practice more restraint. Apologies for making you worry."

Lounge

The astrogator listened intently to the Freespacer as she talked. She had to pay close attention to not get lost on its speech, as Six Four had the habit of going further and further with the same habit, listing the whys and ifs of it. Amelia caught herself pushing at the colar of her sweater in mild discomfort, noticing how the fabric was irritating her neck, then came her empty and protesting stomach churning with a newly found appetite. "Alright, it's no big deal, I guess," she simply said after a while, turning back from the group assembled in the lounge and walking into the pantry to grab something to eat.

Lounge

Sienna had started to reply to the medic's query when Amelia entered, engaging her in the conversation about clothing. The captain hadn't bothered to inject herself back into the discussion until she heard the topic of blood transfusions coming up, which caused her to lift her head once more and stare with alert concern and confusion at the Freespacer medic. "How about we hold off on the bloodletting of any kind until we get to port, huh?" she said in a tone that sounded like a suggestion, but was much more obviously a command. Rising out of her seat, she rolled her shoulders and neck. "Everyone grab a seat. Breakfast oughta be out before long, and I got some things to say while we eat. Meantime, I'm gonna go check on the big guy."

Medical

Oreza lifted his head as the door to the makeshift infirmary whisked open, and gave Sienna a slight smile as she stepped inside, closing the portal behind her. "Come to check in on me already, captain?" he asked in a hoarse but lighthearted voice.

The young captain smirked as she stepped alongside the examination table, glancing over her shoulder once to be certain the door was closed before looking back at her big first mate. Kneeling down on one knee, she rested her elbows on the edge of the table and leaned forward, her chin hovering a few inches from resting on the backs of her flattened hands. "How you feeling, Bear?" she asked.

"Like I'm too old for this sort of excitement," Oreza sighed, reaching up to scratch his bushy beard.

"Is the doc doing right by you?" she asked with raised eyebrows. "Or are you getting subjected to any of her goofy experiment ideas?"

"No, she's doing well," the first mate responded dismissively, then grinned at her once more. "Quirks notwithstanding, of course."

Sienna scoffed slightly, then let her eyes wander down to the big man's splinted knee. Her shoulders sank a fraction of an inch as the reminder of the harrowing incident on the moon sank in some more. She was conflicted about how they'd come out; on the one hand, she was more than a little relieved, even emboldened by the fact that they'd escaped with only minimal damage to the ship and crew, but on the other hand, this crippling injury to her most elderly crew member served as a dire reminder that it could have very well gone the other way. Now the crew member she in many ways valued and trusted the most was laid up and useless, but it could have been so much worse. It was then that the chilling realization began to creep in, like ice slowly spreading through her veins. Her eyes widened imperceptibly, but she kept them averted long enough to clear her throat and compose herself.

Forcing a light smile, she looked back up at Oreza and stood up. "We're heading to Dawn Station now," she explained. "We'll have a little bit of spending money to throw around, so we can get you set up in a quality clinic someplace."

"What do you have there? Isn't that Origin Industries' HQ?" Oreza asked.

"Yeah," Sienna replied, "but it ain't because of that. But it's the closest reputable neutral ground; good place to get some refits I have in mind, let everyone blow off a little money and steam." She paced around the rim of the tiny infirmary, brushing her hand idly across various boxes, canisters, and tubes that Six Four had lying about, looking at each of them with passing interest.

"Sounds reasonable," Oreza replied. "What refits were you considering?"

"Well," Sienna explained, pausing for a moment in front of a rack of vials and tilting her head with idle curiosity as she examined them nonchalantly, "after trying to load half a dozen freight trucks worth of crates in double gravity by hand, I'm thinking we'll need some kind of mule or hauler vehicle aboard." She kept walking, glancing back sideways at Oreza with a light smirk. "And it's probably worth looking into fitting some kind of elevator or extendable ramp onto the loading bays if we ever have another planetside op like that."

Oreza chuckled. "My back is already thanking you," he joked. "Do you have ideas about who might be able to do such a thing?"

"Not yet," she said with a sigh, pausing in her pacing as she touched her chin and stared off into space for a moment. Then she turned to face him, wagging her finger in the air, looking at nothing in particular. "But I bet I could draw up some crude plans in a day or two, and it shouldn't take long to find a place that could do it. These Jinsokus are easy to modify."

"As good a place to begin as any," Oreza stated.

Sienna's eyes focused on her first mate again, and she hesitated. For a fleeting moment, her face softened, and a look of concern was visible before in the span of a breath it was swept aside, replaced by the aloof, detached expression she typically wore. "Anyway," she said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "I need to go meet with the others. I'll have Shrie make a plate for you too, if you're hungry."

"Famished," the first mate replied with a hearty smile.

With a nod, Sienna turned towards the door and twisted the lever to open it. She said nothing, didn't even make eye contact as she stepped through.

"Sienna," Oreza called after her, causing her to pause in mid-stride, halfway over the threshold. She only turned her head enough to bring him barely into her peripheral vision. "Thank you for your concern," he said gently.

After a brief pause, Sienna nodded, saying nothing, and stepped the rest of the way out of the infirmary as she closed the door behind her with a bang. She started to walk back around the metallic, spartan corridor, back towards the lounge, but she slowed to a stop as her breath caught in her throat, and her lower lip quivered slightly. Standing there paralyzed for a brief second, she quickly wiped her slightly misted-over eyes with the back of her left hand and sniffed sharply, standing up straighter and forcing herself to keep her composure. Softly, she cleared her throat and steeled her nerves, then turned her right hand over to look at the three small vials and hypodermic needle she had palmed from the medical lab. Ensuring that the needle itself was properly sealed and covered, she shoved them into the pocket of her jeans and continued down the corridor.

Lounge
After a shower and quick washing up of her suit, Shrie was in the kitchenette of the lounge preparing some food for everyone. Her wound hurt a bit, but it was nothing much. It was much harder to come up what to make for breakfast. It was pretty obvious, that dried egg would play some role in it, but Shrie wanted to actually make it a bit better. Dried eggs were pretty dry after all. But still, if one made her scrambled with some pepper (and curry, but Shrie was lacking curry), they were quite edible. But to make it better, Shrie at least fried some onion, cut into tiny little cubes to add some taste to those eggs. Luckily there was at least some bacon in the freezer, so Shrie made sure, eveyone would get two slices. If she had more time, she would bake some bread, but everyone was too hungry for that. Crackers it was then.

Agter a while Shrie walked into the Lounge carrying first few plates and setting them in front of Amelie and Six- Four. The captain was not around at a time so the Fyunnen put on in front of the gartagen as well. "I am unsure," Shrie spoke up to the alien warrior. "Can you eat, what we eat?" She asked, het eyes also giving a quick glance to Six Four, who might know as well, before returning to Tam.

"I should be able to, so far from what I understand our basic organic chemistry is similar enough that your food should at the very least not poison me. If nothing else I have ration packs in my gear that I packed along just in case of situations like this" Tam replied as he cocked his head slightly at the extremely large woman.

"These are just dried eggs, I apologise," Shrie said as she walked off again, letting the gartagen to go at his meal. The fyunnen limped back into the kitchen and retrieved another plate, that ended up at a seat where captain usually set. It was fairly simple to realise that Oreza won't be coming to the meal. Shrie could carry him here though, although that would be a bit painful to him. It was probably easier to get a plate to him.

"Doctor," Shrie truned to Six Four. "Is mr. Oreza awake?"

Lounge

Sienna entered the room just before Tam began talking, but did nothing to impede the conversation whatsoever, instead merely slipping through the small gathering and heading straight for her cabin. She vanished inside for a few moments, re-emerging once Six Four was about to reply to Shrie.

Working her way around the outer edge of the table, she squeezed behind Tam's chair and moved to the one at the end of the table, facing the entire room. Pulling the chair out with one hand, she turned and allowed herself to fall into it, laying her arms across the armrests as the seat back oscillated back and forth a few times before settling into a reclined position, catty-cornered to the table. The young captain then crossed one leg over the other, sighing, and idly lifted one of her hands in the air, elbow still propped on the armrest, and rubbed her thumb and forefinger together slowly as if grinding an imaginary piece of chalk into dust while she listened to the tail end of the ongoing conversation.

Tam simply shrugged and began shoveling the eggs into his mouth, eating rapidly but with somewhat maddening precision not allowing a speck of food to drop from either his utensils or his mouth. When he finished he wiped his mouth and nodded to Shrie before saying "Thank you, that was very good."

Lounge

Amelia backed away from the pantry's entrance when the massive Lorath emerged from it, somewhat taken aback by the surprise of it until she saw that Shrie was holding the dishes with the food. She made her way to an empty seat, feeling her stomach rumble once she was able to smell the food, and drew a chair for herself, proppping both of her forearms on the top of the table. Her mouth started to water when the plate was set in front of her, prompting the astrogator to grab her utensils and cut a large chunk of the powdered eggs that the Veil's cook had prepared.

As soon as she put the steaming chunk of it in her mouth, however, her eyes grew wide with alarm. 'Pepper!' her mind screamed at her as her eyes started to water from the Capsaicin's burning sensation in her mouth. However, she kept chewing the food, trying to blink away the tears that were forming in the corner of her eyes and doing her best not to draw attention to herself. The astrogator looked around the table for a jar of water or, which she doubted that they had any, milk; not spotting any, she quickly swallowed the burning food.

Looking around the table, Amelia quietly took bite of the crackers.

~Lounge~

"If he cannot eat them we will soon find out." Six Four said as it watched Tam scarf down the food in front of him. "This one isn't quite sure how your digestive tract works but Six Four is pretty sure you should take your time to eat. Reduces the chance of choking. "

As it spoke Six Four had set it's datapad down on the chair it was in and had made its way to the table, taking up a seat and the unoccupied corner.

"As for Oreza being awake, this one believes so. Unless the capitan went to go stare and or talk at a sleeping person, both which are strange but seem to be a habit with some people. This one doesn't understand why they do so really, must remember to look I to the reasons why."

Lounge

Not even three feet away from Six Four and having shoved behind the Gartagen seated across from her, Sienna was still reclined in her seat, her head cocked to one side and giving the Freespacer a look of nonplussed bemusement. She was slowly, idly turning her chair back and forth over the same ten-ish degree arc, her right leg still crossed over the left, and pinching the thumb and forefinger of her right hand in the air, but she didn't interrupt the medic, electing instead to just let her keep on talking.

"Well, the captain is in fact sitting right here," Sienna chimed in after the medic had finished, dropping her hand gently to the table and leaning forward, the slightly melodious tone in her voice and lighthearted smile clashing with the sarcasm in her words, "so you could just ask her yourself." She settled forward, resting her elbows on the table and interlaced her fingers together before her, widening the tight-lipped, sarcastic smile at the Freespacer. "Yes, Oreza is awake, and he's doing fine. He did say he was hungry as well, so if you don't mind bringing him something to eat as well, Shrie," she continued, glancing across the room towards the galley at the Lorath. A barely noticable waver in her stony composure flashed across her face for an instant before she continued, looking over at Amelia, then the rest of those gathered. "After everyone's got their breakfast, we'll go over what's happening now."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back