• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 4] Into a Den of Trouble!

Cargo Hold

Tite'yanus rolled his eyes before responding to Shar. "If that's an order, then I guess I have no choice." With a yawn he bounded out of the Cargo Hold and towards the Armory.

Armory

It took him a minute or so to arrive, and once he was there he walked over to one of the terminals, inserted his tail as he commanded the system to attach a My'leke module. Moments later the room came alive as a mechanism emerged and began attaching a large metallic system to his body, like a squire putting on a knight's armor. Once the attachment was fully completed he input another basic command and the room came to life again, this time a large box-like structure with twin barrels emerged emerged from a compartment and was attached to the back of the module. Satisfied with the results, Tite'yanus shifted and stretched a little to get used to the weight before bounding off back to the Cargo Hold.

Cargo Hold

Only three minutes after he left, Tite'yanus came bounding back into the Cargo Hold. On his back he sported a Maku'ran Anti-Infantry Turret which began quietly whirring as the generator on his My'leke Universal Module activated and began powering the capacitor. A few moments later he loudly announced. "Instructions completed, as ordered!" Before he began discharging four rounds per second from the double-barreled contraption.

Two of the critters which were still tryint to get their bearing in the air found themselves nothing more than a burnt out husk due to Tite's turret. The other critters, whom saw this, now despretely tried to get away by swipping at the air with their little paws and tail. Just then, the gravity kicked in - as the soldiers would hear a dull hum in the air followed by the gravity deck plating beneath their feet coming online.

When this kicked in, one of the critters can crashing down onto the deck, breaking both of its front legs and leaving it rather dazzed. Another critter landed atop the crate he was floating above, and hissed at the team members before letting lose a stream of greenish liquad upon the crates top - this was followed a couple seconds later by a putrid smell that began to innudate the area.

As gravity came back on Kil'nda touched the ground again. there was a thud as he heard one of the creatures land and break it's legs. He quickly raised his gun and made sure the creature didn't suffer any. He felt kinda bad about it but thats when the smell hit them and he covered his nose. "Oh.. that's ranced.." he said backing a bit further away now that the smell was in the air

Hold

Dar changed position when Tite not only returned armed, but then commenced to fire at the creatures with his weapon on full. This situation was quickly degrading.
He ensured he was behind the Maku'ran Anti-Infantry Turret wielding Tite, and to the side to have a clear line of fire. "Whatever was in the crate, is probably ruined now."

Cargo Hold

Ross landed in a crouched position, sword point against the deck as he looked up, getting his bearings of the situation. Needless to say, the My'leke firing a military-grade turret caught is attention. His right eye twitched in slight annoyance. Even if it would be simpler to eliminate the rodents with firearms, the ammunition could be better used with less risk to other pieces of suppl- shit. "Cease fire, you could hit explosives!" He shouted, standing despite the projectiles going through the air. Noting a downed Duy'cha, he quickly moved to eliminate it, slamming his foot into the side of its jaw and stabbing it in the brain. He trusted someone else would deal with the vulgar rodent hurling all over some cargo...

Cargo Hold

As the gravity started to goin off, Shar activated magnets in her boots and stood firmly on the ground. She took pause in her firing, to get used to the sense of weightlessness. Luckily before she knew it was over and beasts were falling down all over the place. Shar remained calm and watched the situation. Tite'yanus came back and started doing his work.

"All right," Shar said and walked up to Tite, she noticed Ross shouting at the My'lekke to stop firing. That made Shar a bit agitated.

"Ignore him Tite'yanus," Shar ordered the my'leke. "Just pick your targets and carefully not to hit friendlies. Ah well you know the drill."

With that Shar raised her own Sharp pistol and proceeded to find a free target and fire upon it. She herself did not have to worry too much about the cargo as her pistol, only fired speeding needles.

Cargo Hold

Dar'tagnan held his position, and looked for targets that he could fire at without concern for hitting cargo containers. 'Definitely not how I expected to spend my first day aboard ship. Doing vermin control in a cargo hold with explosives in it, and a trigger happy My'leke. I can not wait to tell Elza'beth about this.' he thought.

Cargohold

Several of the criters found themselves no longer amongast the living; their furry bodies turned into burnt out busks from the plasma onslaught. After the deluge of fire, there was only one other critter left and this one was backing away from what remained of his buddies; just then it turned around and ran away, running around the corner of a crate - a second later there was a rather loud screeching sound which slowly died out, this was then followed by the sound of something being chewed on....

With only one of the critters left alive Kil'nda took aim but the creature ran off behind creats seeking to escape. He groaned as he started to fallow it only to hear the sounds of something being attacked. "I don't think we only have these things on.. what else could have gotten on?" he asked as he moved to see what else could be on board. Hopfully, he could find out before more plasma was recklessly shot out at the cargo. He had a feeling they might already be in trouble just for that and didn't want to risk killing an animal that shouldn't be killed either. He tried to stick around the boxes and peer around to see what was there with his weapons at the ready just in case it was something nasty

As the last few of the creatures died Tite's the whirring of his turret slowly died down as the weapon reduced power and entered a standby mode. His eyes already on the very last one, he reared back and aimed at the crate that it had crawled into, ready to fire if he needed to.

"As I said when I left, I was just following orders. I believe a superior told me to go get a weapon and, as you can see, this lovely device on my back is certainly a weapon."

The side of Ross's mouth stiffened, but he offered nothing else to the situation beyond moving in to investigate the screeching noise with the rest of the Marines. He leaned against the crate behind Kil'nda as he peered around the corner, sword inclined beside them, pointed downward for a quick stab if necessary. He shrugged at Tite's statement. "Certainly can't fault you for that. Just seemed a bit... Excessive, my enthusiastic friend." He replied as he patted on Kil'nda's shoulder, letting him know that the swordmaster was ready to rush in after him if he deigned to do so.

Cargohold

"All right lads, you did good." Shar nodded and joined others. She did not care much for the damage cause, at least she could see how teamwork of her team went. It did not went all that well, but what could she expect, when they did not have much time to get to know each other. "Tite did what I ordered him. There was little chance of anything exploding as he picked a correct weapon. Also I did not want to went this room, because that would damage the cargo much more than our fighting. Plus it gave us a chance to train."

"C'Ross, I know you are a swordsman, but you got a pistol, use it." Shar turned to the young noble. "I understand you want to practice with your blade as much as possible, but you are putting yourself in the needless danger. If you have range, draw gun and use it until enemy gets too close. We are soldiers, honor sadly is a secondary to survival. Remember that you are part of a team."

"Any way, you all did good. Now I am gonna find out what to do with the dead bodies so take five." Shar said to her soldiers and called up bridge. "Bridge, we have exterminated dangerous critters that decided to catch a ride. We are going to check for more. What you want as to do with bodies?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back